Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

music or video games that help you get through life, and why do you like them?

drivebyartist

drivebyartist

5'3" Kalashnikov operator
★★★★
Exactly what the title suggests. For me, it's both music and video games. Mostly Serbian rap and shooters.

video game ost music, music like lil ugly mane, mf doom, etc, etc. video games wayyyy too many to name, but i've always been fond of the elder scroll series, and games like wow, osrs, and cs.

I prefer video games to music. Personally, I like singleplayer RPGs like Fallout, The Witcher 3, and (one of my recent favorites) Far Cry 5.

all i played was destiny before neeting 1&2 / music depends
220px-Destiny_box_art.png
1f8f26fe6fca9dff290ddec6ebc552276272d14c.jpg

I stopped playing far cry 5 after awhile. The movement just felt too unrealistic. Fallout New Vegas is a struggle, cause I can't find a good signature weapon for a single character. But, really if you want a good source of weapon mods check out the russian website, mod games. open the translating extention, and you're set.

Both got me through life. For music, I really like listening to J-pop and videogame OST. I enjoy RPGs, sandbox games, and shooters like GTA, Persona, etc.

mostly anime op/ed, anime ost, and a shit ton of jpop and doujin music

for games mainly jrpgs i usually emulate them for older consoles

they sound good and are usually have a happy tone

I used to play old harry potter games on a gamecube emulator, never finished chamber of secretes, tho.

Games: The Yakuza series, but especially Yakuza 5, which is one of my favorite games of all time. I'd also recommend Deadly Premonition.
Music: 80's power metal, but especially early Savatage, Loudness and the Hokuto no Ken soundtrack.

GTA 5, because it's fun, and makes fun of LA culture.
I love listening to Killswitch Engage.

I remember listening to this live concert in the middle of the night, and at 14:12, I broke down in tears. The emotional impact of the music, and seeing all the fans in the crowd, I finally felt like I wasn't alone.

I stopped playing far cry 5 after awhile. The movement just felt too unrealistic. Fallout New Vegas is a struggle, cause I can't find a good signature weapon for a single character. But, really if you want a good source of weapon mods check out the russian website, mod games. open the translating extention, and you're set.

Holy fuck I love New Vegas so much, its such an immersive game and there is so much, Im still not 100% through with it
Ill probably feel sad once Im done with it, Im not the type to replay games even if theyre RPGs in which you can take multiple routes

personally for me music is something that I can escape the world from but video games for me is like going down the rabbit hole so I am trying to cut them out

I like worlds like dark souls it has a dark cold and lonely world with interesting enemies. 2nd and 3rd game felt too "warm" if that makes sense.

Souls games, GTA Online and many other games. Music consists of vidya OST's and other random stuff.

Completing Fallout 3 and New Vegas with all DLC will easily make you forget your worries for a month or 2.:feelsautistic:

Music all the time, it really helps getting me focused on things.
and it's always a great outlet combination when I exercise.

As far as music goes I'm a big fan of Nick Drake (folk singer). Video games aren't really fun anymore but I used to enjoy the Thief series.

Try to gain mastery in something, create something, something in the arts.... games as cope only helped me during teens and very early 20s. Afterwards the coping effects wear off. If you play rpgs it will remind you of the lack of friendships and exciting adventures you coulda had irl. If fps its boring without friends to play with. And you gain nothing tangible irl after the invested time. Just my 2 cent. I still play from time to time.

Music is amazing cope though. Both as something listen to and enjoy and play.

Try to gain mastery in something, create something, something in the arts.... games as cope only helped me during teens and very early 20s. Afterwards the coping effects wear off. If you play rpgs it will remind you of the lack of friendships and exciting adventures you coulda had irl. If fps its boring without friends to play with. And you gain nothing tangible irl after the invested time. Just my 2 cent. I still play from time to time.

Music is amazing cope though. Both as something listen to and enjoy and play.

Play this while you're thinking over why your life sucks, and oh boy will you feel invincible.