Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting My experience with antidepressants has been awful

Excluded

Excluded

My life are just failed copes
I was in diferent psychiatrists along my life and took diferent kind of antidepressants as i was diagnosed as depressed. But they also gave me antipsychotics (don't know why).

I just want to tell you guys the awful secondary effects that i had and made me leave medication one after another. I don't even remember the names of those pills but i can tell you they tried different kind of them till i just couldn't stand that shit and told the psychiatrist that i wanted to stop medication.

Last time was when i tried to take my life by taking like +50 pills of benzodiacepines that i had in a drawer. I woke up next day into psychiatry unit in the hospital, and they took me there for nearly a week with another people. They gave me some pills there and when i left that place i went to a psychiatrist that continued that medication.

After 2 weeks with that shit i couldn't even stay sit. I had an urge to move. Just imagine how awful it feels not being able to stop moving and rest properly without streching my body. I stopped that shit and the effect disapeared. Then she (the psychiatrist) gave me another kind of medication that didn't had that effect on me and made me feel more relaxed and sleepy.

I thought i'm okay with this, but then another secondary effect appeared, itchy legs. Really, how can a medication that is suposed to affect the brain gave me itches? It happened, and it was awful. Those itches were so brutal that i was scrathching my legs like a maniac for 1 hour or more, sweating. That happened some times and i didn't even related it to the medication. Some day i even took a taxi to go hospital, but then i went back cause itches were starting to dissapear. The psychiatrist told me: "no, that can't be medication". But it was on the list of uncommon secondary effects. When i stopped with that shit too itches dissapeared. That whore was wrong, and it was proven that she was wrong.

Some other secondary effect of pills were pulsations in my hearth, insomnia and nausea. So, as you can imagine, i can't fucking cope with pills. Even now that i feel at my bottom and i probably should be taking pills i just can't go back to that shit. It never helped me with my depression. Depression always stays there. And the deep reason as you can imagine is not having that love and affection from woman, that sexual relationship with consent. This kills a guy inside day after day, year after year.

But this stupid medical system just doesn't understand shit. How can that whore expect me to keep taking medication that is completely destroying my life? Well thats what she wanted. And i end up tired of that shit and i left. "But eh bro you're just not trying enough, just try another pill, this is the good one". JFL at this people, this mentality is something i can't understand anymore. The lies, the shitty cope, their broken system that is ruining the lives of many good people...

Medical system is just a business. Is completely wrong. Their treatments, their medication, their therapy... Everything has been proven to be a failure as people keeps suffering and taking their lives every day.

Do you know what would help with me? RECOGNIZING INCELDOM. Recognizing this as a serious and real dissease that can only be cured by having that love from a female that was never given. But it will never happen, because in the current state of society we are blamed for it, we are mocked for it every time. That's all we receive.

I've writen too much shit already, have a good day

I tried antidepressants for a short time, and they made me feel worse. Plus, they made me gain weight, I lost the motivation to work out, and it fucked around with my hard-ons. They were more damaging than helpful

I had a short experience with Sertraline, I gained weight liked like you mentioned, but I was still volatile.
Lifting weights and eating chocolate worked for me much better.

yeah SSRI's made me into a zombie dude.
They make everything worse

I tried antidepressants for a short time, and they made me feel worse. Plus, they made me gain weight, I lost the motivation to work out, and it fucked around with my hard-ons. They were more damaging than helpful
To me they weren't only useless, they fucked me with secondary effects as i told. I think besides physical reactions (like sleeping, reducing anxiety or controlling weight) antidepressants are worthless. The only valid treatment is giving us a female

I had a short experience with Sertraline, I gained weight liked like you mentioned, but I was still volatile.
Lifting weights and eating chocolate worked for me much better.
Sertraline was one of the pills i took. I think it was the one that gave me itches, not sure about it. I also remember gaining weight but in my case thats good cause im skinny

Last edited:
messing with a bunch of chemical reactions in your body seems like a terrible idea to me, these dont even treat anything they just mask the issue a little

i have to do a 3rd mental health evaluation soon to see if i need meds. i have no clue what kinds ill get if they do prescribe them. ive been diagnosed with "severe depression with psychotic characteristics" and just general anxiety, anybody have a clue what meds i might get if any?

I started taking zoloft around 3 months ago and stopped taking like 3 weeks ago. Didn't help me at all, just gave me side effects. Still having some minor withdrawal symptoms.

Tbh even something as simple as keto diet and meditating improve my anxiety and mood more than those pharma pills.

Speaking as an anxiety and depression patient it will not help you
I was given escitalopram
And i dont take it any more it still have like 23 tablets left i only ate 2 and got fed up

I was in diferent psychiatrists along my life and took diferent kind of antidepressants as i was diagnosed as depressed. But they also gave me antipsychotics (don't know why).

I just want to tell you guys the awful secondary effects that i had and made me leave medication one after another. I don't even remember the names of those pills but i can tell you they tried different kind of them till i just couldn't stand that shit and told the psychiatrist that i wanted to stop medication.

Last time was when i tried to take my life by taking like +50 pills of benzodiacepines that i had in a drawer. I woke up next day into psychiatry unit in the hospital, and they took me there for nearly a week with another people. They gave me some pills there and when i left that place i went to a psychiatrist that continued that medication.

After 2 weeks with that shit i couldn't even stay sit. I had an urge to move. Just imagine how awful it feels not being able to stop moving and rest properly without streching my body. I stopped that shit and the effect disapeared. Then she (the psychiatrist) gave me another kind of medication that didn't had that effect on me and made me feel more relaxed and sleepy.

I thought i'm okay with this, but then another secondary effect appeared, itchy legs. Really, how can a medication that is suposed to affect the brain gave me itches? It happened, and it was awful. Those itches were so brutal that i was scrathching my legs like a maniac for 1 hour or more, sweating. That happened some times and i didn't even related it to the medication. Some day i even took a taxi to go hospital, but then i went back cause itches were starting to dissapear. The psychiatrist told me: "no, that can't be medication". But it was on the list of uncommon secondary effects. When i stopped with that shit too itches dissapeared. That whore was wrong, and it was proven that she was wrong.

Some other secondary effect of pills were pulsations in my hearth, insomnia and nausea. So, as you can imagine, i can't fucking cope with pills. Even now that i feel at my bottom and i probably should be taking pills i just can't go back to that shit. It never helped me with my depression. Depression always stays there. And the deep reason as you can imagine is not having that love and affection from woman, that sexual relationship with consent. This kills a guy inside day after day, year after year.

But this stupid medical system just doesn't understand shit. How can that whore expect me to keep taking medication that is completely destroying my life? Well thats what she wanted. And i end up tired of that shit and i left. "But eh bro you're just not trying enough, just try another pill, this is the good one". JFL at this people, this mentality is something i can't understand anymore. The lies, the shitty cope, their broken system that is ruining the lives of many good people...

Medical system is just a business. Is completely wrong. Their treatments, their medication, their therapy... Everything has been proven to be a failure as people keeps suffering and taking their lives every day.

Do you know what would help with me? RECOGNIZING INCELDOM. Recognizing this as a serious and real dissease that can only be cured by having that love from a female that was never given. But it will never happen, because in the current state of society we are blamed for it, we are mocked for it every time. That's all we receive.

Sorry to hear this mate…and yes the only cure is love/affection, tho i don’t think it has to come from a female. As a straight guy, all i really want is a friend, of any gender, that i feel i can connect with. But even that is difficult to achieve..yeah female affection would be great but as for me, i just need any form of relationship to relieve my loneliness. I got fucked by my parents, who are no parents at all. We need friends with whom we can mutually support each other and fill in what our families failed to give us.

meh lexapro helped me kinda feels like a low dose of LSD:feelsLSD:

i have to do a 3rd mental health evaluation soon to see if i need meds. i have no clue what kinds ill get if they do prescribe them. ive been diagnosed with "severe depression with psychotic characteristics" and just general anxiety, anybody have a clue what meds i might get if any?
They're gonna give you a bog standard SSRI if you're not on one, though it's crazy you have to go through three evaluations first. Maybe you'll get Lithium or something instead though.

They will give you the same shit as me probably. Hope it works for you or at least don't have side effects.

Sorry to hear this mate…and yes the only cure is love/affection, tho i don’t think it has to come from a female. As a straight guy, all i really want is a friend, of any gender, that i feel i can connect with. But even that is difficult to achieve..yeah female affection would be great but as for me, i just need any form of relationship to relieve my loneliness. I got fucked by my parents, who are no parents at all. We need friends with whom we can mutually support each other and fill in what our families failed to give us.
A friend would be nice too, but friend will eventually find a girlfriend and stop going out with you. It's also very difficult developing a real friendship this days. Gf is the ultimate goal and i think they all crave for that eventually

Treatments in the US are designed around billing. Not the other way around like you would think. :bluepill::redpill::blackpill::whitepill: Just take the little black pills.

I was curious about them , but decided to not take any

Anti-depressants only work for certain types of depression. I had the same story as you, I took them for a short time and my general practitioner told me about how they work, if your depression is caused due to an inherent neurochemical imbalance then these drugs work wonders, but if the depression is caused by ANYTHING else then these drugs will make your depression much worse due to the side-effects. She advised me to get off them.

Meanwhile all the psychiatrists told me that it was "too early to quit" and my sister is still on them after a decade because she listened to them. They can absolutely destroy your life. Psychiatrists are in it for the profit, always ask for a second opinion from another medical professional because if you go to only one practice and worse, it is a government contracted one (these are worse because they have no incentives to actually help you because they have no competition) then you should always look for other trained professionals elsewhere.

Talk to your GP before consulting another psychiatrist, not all GP's are good, but most will probably give you better advice than apathetic psychiatrists.

They prescribe them like candies here because they don't want to bother with deeper issues.They didn't work for me,i was getting fat and wanted to off myself from the balcony.I still have a few boxes but that shit is nasty.