Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel My pc sometimes doesn't recognize my ssd

JasonTodd

JasonTodd

Greycel
Quite often my pc seems to boot into bios and when i check my sata ports it doesn't recognize any harddrives while other times it does.

I have another harddrive that i don't use as its old and outdated but it boots every time on the same cabels. Do i need to get a new ssd for this as it seems to be the only problem? My ssd firmware is the most recent.

Quite often my pc seems to boot into bios and when i check my sata ports it doesn't recognize any harddrives while other times it does.

I have another harddrive that i don't use as its old and outdated but it boots every time on the same cabels. Do i need to get a new ssd for this as it seems to be the only problem? My ssd firmware is the most recent.
truecel trait

If you're able to boot sometimes, try booting into your SSD(I'm assuming you use windows). You can download an application called crystaldiskinfo this will tell you the overall health and of youre SSD. If you're using arch linux you can use smartmontools. I know there are other applications for different distros but I'm lazy to check them up.

If you're able to boot sometimes, try booting into your SSD(I'm assuming you use windows). You can download an application called crystaldiskinfo this will tell you the overall health and of youre SSD. If you're using arch linux you can use smartmontools. I know there are other applications for different distros but I'm lazy to check them up.
I have the samsung application for my ssd and it says the health is good after running scans or some shit. Will get a new ssd if thats the issue i just don't want to spend 100$ and for it to not even help. I built my pc in 2015 so its quite old with the only new parts being this ssd and a 2060 so its possible my pc is just dying aswell.

I have the samsung application for my ssd and it says the health is good after running scans or some shit. Will get a new ssd if thats the issue i just don't want to spend 100$ and for it to not even help. I built my pc in 2015 so its quite old with the only new parts being this ssd and a 2060 so its possible my pc is just dying aswell.
Are you sure your SATA cables are not the problem?

Are you sure your SATA cables are not the problem?
Yes because i had this exact problem on a different port with a different cable. So i plugged in my old harddrive first into another port with another cable and it booted immediately, when i tried the same with my ssd it didn't work 9/10 times so now i'm constantly scared of turning my pc off as it most of the time wont boot and i'll just unplug my pc and if i'm lucky it'll start after waiting 2 hours.

Yes because i had this exact problem on a different port with a different cable. So i plugged in my old harddrive first into another port with another cable and it booted immediately, when i tried the same with my ssd it didn't work 9/10 times so now i'm constantly scared of turning my pc off as it most of the time wont boot and i'll just unplug my pc and if i'm lucky it'll start after waiting 2 hours.
I c. I'm not very good with computers either.

if your motherboard is a bit older i think you may wanna get the capacitors checked; because many times low voltages from them affect the working of computer

i don't trust ssds one bit.

if your motherboard is a bit older i think you may wanna get the capacitors checked; because many times low voltages from them affect the working of computer
my motherboard is an x99a sli plus from 2014 so its very much possible.

Fuck i'm having problems with some games now fully crashing my pc i think its running out of life finally. Can't afford a new one though its over.