Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Question for the religious ppl here ?

• Thread starter blackpillscience
  • Start date
blackpillscience

blackpillscience

It’s ogre
★★★
How are you able to maintain your faith with everything that’s going on around us? I really wish I could still believe in a higher power or something but I can’t… How can you cope with this degeneracy , corruption , greed and gluttony in this society? (USA). With all the evil shit that’s happening why doesn’t god or someone/something jump in to help or just end it all? Aren’t we past the point of redemption anyways. If you’re able to maintain your believe in a high power then I have to give you credit. because everything that’s going on is made to break our faith and convictions.

Tis an odd life we live, we invoke the idea of truth, but often to our dismay it is what we don't want it to be, life is brutish, solitary, and short. God as far as I understand, is something, what that something is I do not know, shall I stand before the all mighty and instruct him? I have often find that this suffering which we experience as humans is due to our own cause, a shame it is to live and live for not, to die before one's mind is truly developed, ripped from an delusion we derive insane conclusions. I uphold there is a God, singular and internal, what ever it is I dare not use my mind when it is full of muck.

How I confront this insanity, you may ask? I do not know, such a life we live.

Usually the reason is that god is testing us, if god wanted to see if we were truly faithful to him he wouldn't reward us, the point is to put us through hardship to see if we still remain our faith and still accept the lord into our heart's despite the world not always being in our favor.

How are you able to maintain your faith with everything that’s going on around us? I really wish I could still believe in a higher power or something but I can’t… How can you cope with this degeneracy , corruption , greed and gluttony in this society? (USA). With all the evil shit that’s happening why doesn’t god or someone/something jump in to help or just end it all? Aren’t we past the point of redemption anyways. If you’re able to maintain your believe in a high power then I have to give you credit. because everything that’s going on is made to break our faith and convictions.
Not religious, but I have poltergeist activity in my home

Usually the reason is that god is testing us, if god wanted to see if we were truly faithful to him he wouldn't reward us, the point is to put us through hardship to see if we still remain our faith and still accept the lord into our heart's despite the world not always being in our favor.
Arguably our ancestors never got tested like we are now.

Arguably our ancestors never got tested like we are now.
Arguable, but there's a reason why some of the most troubled times in history are religious like the Black Plague, or any time in medieval history, because the best comfort was to put faith in the Lord and persevere through troubles there is because it is taught that heaven is the reward and Earth is meant to be difficult.

Arguable, but there's a reason why some of the most troubled times in history are religious like the Black Plague, or any time in medieval history, because the best comfort was to put faith in the Lord and persevere through troubles there is because it is taught that heaven is the reward and Earth is meant to be difficult.
Yeah but not everyone gets the same test. Someone born into wealth vs born in poverty. They both get tested differently it’s easier to believe in higher power when things go good for you. Like Jermey meeks “don’t ever give up , god has a plan for you”. He did evil shit went to jail and his life got better because of it.

Although I remain skeptic, some Bible verses terrify me for their accuracy.

Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.

— Matthew 13:12

The Bible and other religious books foretold a lot of things we are going through.

The verse above is highly relatable, particularly with men in our situation. Think it is difficult to attract women now? It will become even more difficult in a decade to come. The competition for jobs is insane? See what automation can do a few years from now.

There is more credibility to religion than we believe.
Rich get richer is just common sense though

doubt is not the opposite of faith; it is an element of it
—Paul Tillich

Because I've encountered and seen paranormal activity.