Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR Rant about human relationships and tulpamaxxing

• Thread starter Deleted member 8353
  • Start date
Deleted member 8353

Deleted member 8353

Former Hikikomori, Aimless Pleasure Seeker
-
Often I wonder about how well normies know their partners, or more to the point, whether or not the person they have feelings for is even the same as the one inhabiting a physical body. I don't doubt that other people exist outside myself, but I strongly doubt that anybody is capable of truly knowing a separate human, as nobody has the same experiences, or is really living the same life as anybody else. It's like trying to communicate across a great distance, or through the wall of your room, but either way you never really see the other person. People create an idea about another person within their own heads, and feel attachment towards their own personal construct and representation of an other, rather than the person whom the object of their feelings is based upon. Humans are closed systems, and my recent experiences have made me come to realize how little I even know my own parents. I suppose this never occurred to me sooner than within the past couple of years, because I had nothing to contrast the 'normal' relationships upon.

How do you explain an idea to someone using only words? If the concept is simple and universal enough, then it can be quite easy. But for the most abstract ideas, getting someone else to fully understand what you're trying to say can be basically impossible. Sometimes I get frustrated, I question why can't people just know what I know, and I wonder if others feel the same way. Of course this frustration might just be more obvious to me, since I seem to struggle with implicit communication anyway, compounding the problem further. Crudely translating a combination of ideas, emotions, goals, and experiences into words which make sense to other people is one thing. It's another thing entirely for people to interpret the words in the way which you had intended them to understood.

Yet at the same time, part of me questions these conclusions. It's as if I believe that my own experiences should be invalid, as if there is something missing, something that would satisfy this feeling should I find it. However this is irrational, I know that the longing will never go away, even if I were capable of satisfying it's current demands. My mind would just fabricate a new reason as to explain why I possess this persistent feeling of discontentment. I would long for a past idyll which only exists within my head, with the promised future happiness remaining as inaccessible as ever. Whether imposed upon me by nature, social conditioning, or more likely by a combination of the two, the only purpose in which this process exists to serve is an effort to keep me pursuing futile things, at the cost of feeling negative emotions. Given my ineptitude at even existing within society, it's not worth it for me to indulge in this discontentment, since it's probably easier for me to suppress this feeling as opposed to attempting to placate it.

Well yeah, i'd guess that most normies raerly, or even never think about, whether or not they truly know their partner. It most likely never crosses their mind. Or in the rare case that it does, they ususally don't try to dig any deeper, since they're probably afraid of what they could potentially discover. And yeas, once a thought leaves your brain, and enters another person, you will never know for sure how exactly the other person interprets what u said. As you already know, i really like, and relate to a lot of your posts. Yet it's entirely possible that i never actaully got the true meaning of them.

As you already know, i really like, and relate to a lot of your posts. Yet it's entirely possible that i never actaully got the true meaning of them.
It doesn't matter so long as you got something positive out of them tbh.

I think if you truly want to know someone or share an idea or experience that will stick if them, trying to explain it rationally or just by using words is futile because abstract idea are based on feelings first and foremost.

Perhaps it would be more productive to find a way to make the other person feel the same way instead.

Just my 2 cents.

I think if you truly want to know someone or share an idea or experience that will stick if them, trying to explain it rationally or just by using words is futile because abstract idea are based on feelings first and foremost.

Perhaps it would be more productive to find a way to make the other person feel the same way instead.

Just my 2 cents.
You're probably right, but of course getting people to share or even understand your feelings can also be extremely difficult. Or at least it is for me anyway.

I think tulpamaxxing is cope and not possible

i'd guess that most normies rarely, or even never think about, whether or not they truly know their partner. It most likely never crosses their mind. Or in the rare case that it does, they usually don't try to dig any deeper

I think tulpamaxxing is cope and not possible
Well it might be cope, at the end of the day you could say that everything we do is cope. Although it is possible tbh, but it takes a lot of effort.

You're probably right, but of course getting people to share or even understand your feelings can also be extremely difficult. Or at least it is for me anyway.

I think the mistake here is when your trying to make someone understand, you don't necessarily have to try. Just think about the real reason which caused you to have this belief or feeling about something. Again, just my hypothesis.

Well yeah, i'd guess that most normies raerly, or even never think about, whether or not they truly know their partner. It most likely never crosses their mind. Or in the rare case that it does, they ususally don't try to dig any deeper, since they're probably afraid of what they could potentially discover. And yeas, once a thought leaves your brain, and enters another person, you will never know for sure how exactly the other person interprets what u said. As you already know, i really like, and relate to a lot of your posts. Yet it's entirely possible that i never actaully got the true meaning of them.

I see you're a man of culture as well
Yeah, I liked it when creepypasta videos didn't have all the same shitty piano music playing in the background and didn't try all too hard to seem overly creepy.
Not to mention all of them are cliche as fuck nowadays.