Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Remember when gaming was fun?

Celius

Celius

-
Remember when gaming was once upon a time regarded as a “nerd” hobby that only the outcasts of society were to invest their time and effort in and video game developers weren’t trying so hard to cater and pander their work of art to a universal demographic as a way to push their political ideologies?

Remember when an open world title was a fresh new concept amongst a sea of b-rated first-person shooters and the RPG genre was still representative of its actual meaning and had carried proper elements of what it’s like to play a role and wasn’t just a cookie-cutter action adventure game with a leveling system?

Remember when developers were still trying out original ideas in an era of leading-edge technology by going against the grain and seamlessly blend in their genius into a brand new design that embarked on defining a subgenre and then every future developer and their mother weren’t trying to just improve upon that and copy & paste what’s been already done?

Remember when games were fully able to emotionally invest a player in its narrative by using interactive means of storytelling without having any side characters and their hidden agendas shoved down to your throat at every corner?

Remember when games weren’t afraid to make you feel lonely by giving you lots and lots of little moments of isolation as a way to allow you to contemplate on the game’s intended meaning and weren’t trying to constantly feed you with aimless tasks and quests to do just so God forbid you don’t feel bored?

Remember when gaming was still fun, brocels?

Last edited:
Just play older games. There are tens of thousands of them.

The mediums of storytelling in older titles were surprisingly much more dense and effective than anything modern. Compare the new God of War game to 2001’s Ico or Silent Hill 2 and it’s a night & day difference. It’s unbelievable how normies can’t grasp on the concept of what truly makes a good story. They can’t fathom anything that doesn’t leave them with a happy ending either.

It always has been fun.
Especially pvp.

I pvp in Diablo 2 resurrected in pc and Nintendo

The mediums of storytelling in older titles were surprisingly much more dense and effective than anything modern. Compare the new God of War game to 2001’s Ico or Silent Hill 2 and it’s a night & day difference. It’s unbelievable how normies can’t grasp on the concept of what truly makes a good story. They can’t fathom anything that doesn’t leave them with a happy ending either.
I don't really care about story in a videogame honestly. All i want is a nice, fun game with responsive controls and interesting mechanics i can git gud at.

I don't really care about story in a videogame honestly. All i want is a nice, fun game with
Yeah me neither honestly but the overall vibe needs to be set right and the environment has to obviously correspond heavily with the story it’s trying to tell. Most games are unable to do that now.

responsive controls
I don’t even care about that as long the core gameplay loop and mechanics are fun and enjoyable throughout most of the experience. You don’t need fluid movement or controls to make a really nice game for me as long as the overall atmosphere is unique and top notch.

I don't have to remember. I can just install the older games again and play them.
Currently playing Assassins Creed (1)

I don't have to remember. I can just install the older games again and play them.
Never played AC1, started from Ezio’s collection and although it’s aged poorly in certain aspects, it still holds a very special place in my heart purely because the games were a very fresh and unique concept for their time.

The formula has been repeating itself now for over a decade and they have NO balls to try something new. If it sells every year, why bother taking risks?

Old Ubisoft was outta their mind. Go back and play some of their Rayman games and you’ll feel nothing but true joy.

yeah , thats called good writing, I have much repect for the writers.

yeah , thats called good writing, I have much repect for the writers.
What are the games that you’d classify as ones with good writing?

Personally, I think the only game that I agreed with normies on having a good story was 2013’s The Last of Us and that game used VERY little characters to emotionally invest me in its story. The chemistry between Ellie and Joel was truly remarkable, I can’t think of any other game that pulled it off as good as they did. Not even the show was able to do the same magic.

What are the games that you’d classify as ones with good writing?
most before 2014, example fc2 , la noir , crysis and such.

personally i like the ac 2 and 3, good times

most before 2014, example fc2 , la noir , crysis and such.
Crysis was just okay, it relied on environmental storytelling more so than being plot-driven. Only fc I played was 3 and the story in that was very mediocre at best, I know it was trying to tackle with the cycle of violence and how it can have its effects on the player but it was done very poorly imo. L.A. Noir had an unbelievably strong start only for it to slowly meander into a repetitive slug with completely blank characters serving zero purpose.
Cole’s death was totally undeserved unlike RDR1’s John’s death tbh.

The good old days

im on ps vita and gba sp for the last 8 years or so

Never played AC1, started from Ezio’s collection and although it’s aged poorly in certain aspects, it still holds a very special place in my heart purely because the games were a very fresh and unique concept for their time.

The formula has been repeating itself now for over a decade and they have NO balls to try something new. If it sells every year, why bother taking risks?

Old Ubisoft was outta their mind. Go back and play some of their Rayman games and you’ll feel nothing but true joy.
wremakewhy try something when you do the same and make money

And then foids came and ruined everything, like always