Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Should I bother to start writing novels?

glowIntheDark

glowIntheDark

I who have never known foids
★★★★★
I know this is a bit random to ask on an incel forum kek. But I don't want to go to cuckeddit and also don't have many people in my life to ask this.

But I have been an average nobody with no talents since childhood but for one and that is I have always been decent at story writing/literature/reading fiction.

I have no huge ambitions career wise and hence I am getting a simple finance and IT degree to get a 9-5 corporate job in future.

But one consistent dream I have had since my childhood is to write a novel one day.

Nd now that I m in college I think now is the only free time I will get to do so.

So the question is - is it worth it?

Because between college/assignments/part time work and writing a novel on top I.will.be left with essentially no time to do anything else do.it will be a huge investment?

Then I would have to get it edited by someone/then a cover/then prolly send it to a publisher.

It will take 6-7 months of dedicated practice to write a novel n it will prolly be never read by a soul like 90% of books published are.

So is it worth the time/money investment to write a novel considering how fickle/risky/unstable it is?

no, just sit down and LDAR

If you want to do it, do it. - Pol Pot.

Sure, why not? Just remember not to needlessly get your hopes up too much and to write purely for your own satisfaction.

Go for it. Creative outlets are a great cope

I know this is a bit random to ask on an incel forum kek. But I don't want to go to cuckeddit and also don't have many people in my life to ask this.

But I have been an average nobody with no talents since childhood but for one and that is I have always been decent at story writing/literature/reading fiction.

I have no huge ambitions career wise and hence I am getting a simple finance and IT degree to get a 9-5 corporate job in future.

But one consistent dream I have had since my childhood is to write a novel one day.

Nd now that I m in college I think now is the only free time I will get to do so.

So the question is - is it worth it?

Because between college/assignments/part time work and writing a novel on top I.will.be left with essentially no time to do anything else do.it will be a huge investment?

Then I would have to get it edited by someone/then a cover/then prolly send it to a publisher.

It will take 6-7 months of dedicated practice to write a novel n it will prolly be never read by a soul like 90% of books published are.

So is it worth the time/money investment to write a novel considering how fickle/risky/unstable it is?

You should try to write a novel, if you have ambitions work on them. Reserve a certain amount of time per day to work on it and turn your phone away while you're busy with it. Keep focus and by preference first pitch to established publishers before you try to self-publish.

You should try to write a novel, if you have ambitions work on them. Reserve a certain amount of time per day to work on it and turn your phone away while you're busy with it. Keep focus and by preference first pitch to established publishers before you try to self-publish.
All good advice thanks brocel

Have you tried short stories, poetry or even screenwriting? Not a lot time investment needed for these outlets and they let you scratch that creative itch. You could publish your work as well.

Have you tried short stories, poetry or even screenwriting? Not a lot time investment needed for these outlets and they let you scratch that creative itch. You could publish your work as well.
Yeah I have written poetries n stuff. Guess I will start small

Ive done it b4 60000 words, never finished it. Was fun doing it though if uve got a good idea do it

Ive done it b4 60000 words, never finished it. Was fun doing it though if uve got a good idea do it
damn 60k. Such a huge investment.
Then why didn't u publish it/finish it??

Do it if you enjoy writing, dont expect any success or money from it, there are millions of people doing the same and success of a book doesnt equate the quality, most readers want some trashy novels where becky gets railed and trashed by supernatural Chad.

Do it if you enjoy writing, dont expect any success or money from it, there are millions of people doing the same and success of a book doesnt equate the quality, most readers want some trashy novels where becky gets railed and trashed by supernatural Chad.
Nailed it:feelsokman::yes:.

Yeah hollow vapid trash like Twilight sells like hot cakes but a genuinely good book with great plot nd complex characters get ignored

damn 60k. Such a huge investment.
Then why didn't u publish it/finish it??
Cause it was basically just a shitty diary about inceldom. The ending was supposed 2 be me ascending but that never happened so i didnt bother

free tip start writing screenplays

I mean, if it’s something that you’d enjoy doing then yeah.

Write something that seems cucked so the soys lap it up but in reality is blackpilled.

Where do you plan to publish it?

You should write a story about me, cause I'm so fucking good :feelsLSD: :feelsLSD: :feelsLSD:

Short stores. Sell on Amazon Kindle or Amazon print on demand.

free tip start writing screenplays
I have got this advice second time in this thread now-- is there any particular reason I am missing?

Where do you plan to publish it?
No plans as such yet. Maybe I will publish on Amazon but then I wouldn't know how to advertise it

Maybe the traditional way of emailing publishers. Like most authors do I guess. But then there is a chance that they might just ignore me

Maybe the traditional way of emailing publishers. Like most authors do I guess. But then there is a chance that they might just ignore me
I think most authors get an agent first but I don't really know much beyond that.