Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Stole a post from an imageboard about meeting friends

nvrbegan

nvrbegan

Major
★★
Here it is:

I'm going to make an actual effort post that isn't just talking about height and slaying for the millionth time. If I only post height threads again because this thread gets no replies then you fags deserve it.Ok, so, I was thinking as I usually do about sex and incel subjects, but I realized even if you just want to make friends and have a basic IRL social life past the age of 20 (24 at the latest) it's (basically) over.Going out to bars alone to "hit on chicks" is so antiquated by now, it's like Victorian-era women doing gestures with fans or men kneeling to kiss a woman's hand, covered by a frilly glove - it's almost in the dustbin of history as nothing more than a curiosity, and if you do it today you will be seen as strange at best and predatory and insane (and thus get you kicked out or beaten up by Chad) at worst. Bars and clubs are where people meet their PRE-EXISTING friends or dates that they met through dating apps. You just do not meet random people at public venues anymore and trying to to do will be met with either indifference or disastrous consequences, unless you're Chad.But even basic friendship is operating off the Matthew principle nowadays, even for pathetic nerdy losers. Take, for example, Magic cards. I never played MtG and I don't give a fuck about it but I'm just using it as an analogy. So, you go to the card store, you approach random strangers, introduce yourself, ask to play a game of Magic the Gathering or whatever trading card game I don't care about. People will look at you like you shot their dog and raped their mom. They don't want that, they want to be with their preexisting group. You think you're ever going to be their friend even if you're the nicest guy ever, can pull off the sickest moves in Magic, and like all the same anime and other weeb trash? LOL. No. You'll never get a call back. And that is the way it is. You think they will want to socialize with you because you like the same exact things they do? LOL, how naive!If you're not a handsome tall guy that can meet new people through WOMEN that you fuck or have some kind of social media following that allows you to meet status-obsessed social climbing cockroaches, the only real way to meet people and form friendships (and I don't even mean deep ones, I just mean anything) or have any kind of IRL social life at all is to start at some kind of big defining 'blank slate' event, like the first day of high school, your university orientation, etc. Maybe you have a small chance at the first day of work but even then not really.I have talked to people online and irl, who I had a lot in common with, who could have been my friend easily. We got along but they just wanted nothing to do with me and they will just hang out with the same people they knew from high school or from their young adulthood. It's fucking brutal. Everyone already has their tribe. Believe it or not I'm (well, was) quite pleasant and funny IRL, people don't think I'm weird. I've tried to make IRL friends and it just fizzles out EVERY FUCKING TIME. I tried in university. People said they'd call or text me so we could do something. They never did, and then later I come to find out they were socializing and going out with the people they already knew without me.

Main takeaway is another brutal instagrampill. If you want to meet new friends, this is apparently quite important.
Insta is like a score applied to you. They see immediately how popular you are and your ranking in the social hierarchy.

Everyone already has their own group, their own tribe, if they even have one at all, it’s virtually impossible to make friends with anyone even if you may as well be their carbon copy. Every single person you will ever meet already has a group of friends they talk to so even if you managed to "befriend" someone you'll always just be that outsider who sometimes gets invited to things when they need a spot to fill because someone got sick or had a hangover. If you find yourself past a certain age with no IRL friends it's virtually over, the door closed, the train left the station. The only thing that can be done is learn how to cope. You can either get used to the eternal silence or talk with people and befriend them online to make life less mundane, the latter of which I obviously do. These friend groups are already entrenched, there's nothing you can do, it's like a frizzy haired mulatto showing up at some NatSoc Rob Rundo style active club or a blond haired blue eyed guy walking into the Black Hebrew Israelite meaning and saying

>HEY GUYS! WANNA BE MY FRIEND?

These people don't want you. If you don't have friends by now, you won't have them. And I'm not even talking about "muh true friends" which as an obsession is as asinine and unpragmatic as the one with "true love", but just any kind of IRL social life at all. Just like inceldom, the statistics bear this out. More and more men reporting themselves having absolutely zero friends or perhaps 1 or 2. There is a huge friendlessness epidemic and it's due to changes in culture, similar to the sexlessness/incel one.

it's like we missed out because we are ideologically non compliant