Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope The abundance of knowledge - chronicles from the basement

Mortis

Mortis

The Senator of Suffering & Minister of Misery
★★★★★
How am I supposed to cope with the abundance of knowledge in the world? Everytime I read something philosophical/historical (the 2 main subjects I am intrested in) I get absolutely overwhelmed when I see the vast amount of stuff there is to learn and to read.

Unfortunately I am one of those people that get discouraged rather than encouraged when I am reading about a topic and see there's literal books connected to fully grasping the subject matter. In short I have the proclivity to give up in general.

How do I deal with this? What's the best approach?

(tags of potentially helpful users):
@based_meme
@K9Otaku

Pick the topics of interest that genuinely keep you up at night when you go to sleep thinking about them.

Play vidya, philosophy is for sex havers, no point if you can't have sex

How am I supposed to cope with the abundance of knowledge in the world? Everytime I read something philosophical/historical (the 2 main subjects I am intrested in) I get absolutely overwhelmed when I see the vast amount of stuff there is to learn and to read.

Unfortunately I am one of those people that get discouraged rather than encouraged when I am reading about a topic and see there's literal books connected to fully grasping the subject matter. In short I have the proclivity to give up in general.

How do I deal with this? What's the best approach?

(tags of potentially helpful users):
@based_meme
@K9Otaku
You can easily read a book per day if you wanted to.

I think you feel that way because there is in fact no real "knowledge" in the world. There are only points of view which leads to more or less satisfactory outcomes.

The question is not how to "acquire more knowledge" (which is impossible). The real choice is what path you will follow. In other words, it is not about what you know but about who you trust.

You have a weak will. Willcels coping and seething rn

I think you feel that way because there is in fact no real "knowledge" in the world. There are only points of view which leads to more or less satisfactory outcomes.

The question is not how to "acquire more knowledge" (which is impossible). The real choice is what path you will follow. In other words, it is not about what you know but about who you trust.
Don't try to brainwash him with your BS.

Learn religion (do not adhere to it)