Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Trucksimulatorcels, do you prefer Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
I have both games but not all the DLC, for ETS2 I have every map except Iberia (will get it once it costs 10€ or less on sales) and for ATS I still have to get Colorado, Wyoming and Montana maps. Started with the European version and devoted it so many hours (around 200) and now I can say I completed the game because I visited almost every city, I'm a millionaire and I have more than 250 drivers hired who give me a lot of cash. I just free roam, take the jobs I want and customize trucks. In ATS I still haven't reached that stage because I have like 15 drivers, a loan to repay and haven't explored the map so much. So in that game I still take big jobs that give a lot of money and experience.

Honestly I think I prefer ATS because it's more exotic for me. American roads are very different from European roads and the scenery with the desert in Nevada, Arizona and all those states is so cool and feels like being in a movie kek. Also since ATS was released later it's more detailed than the base game of ETS2 and the early DLC, which need a rework because they look outdated. However ATS is notably easier than ETS2, the roads are more straight and the truck has an easier handling so it's really hard to overturn your truck. In ETS2 if you're too fast when taking a steep curve very likely you will crash, in ATS the truck will woggle and maybe hit the wall/barriers but it won't overturn. Still ETS2 is a really good game and the modding community is bigger too. This game is super popular with slavcels for some reason.

I like ats more.
Euro trucks are cool but it seems to take forever to get any where in euro truck.
Ats even with the map expansions it’s seems smaller or something.

Seeing as I grew up in the UK, I prefer ETS2. I am not a fan of American trucks, and the roads are simply too wide for me to enjoy - though I do love the various biomes; I have sunk far more time into the former than the latter.
I hope they rework the entirety of the UK in ETS2 someday and maybe add Ireland. It's the ugliest area of the game with many copypasted roads and zero unique scenery, driving in Scotland feels the same as driving in Germany before the rework.

I notice that you bought the games legally, as did I initially. However, after deleting my Steam account, I decided to only pirate games until I purchased a gaming pc in the far future. I had access to all of the DLC, as a result.

It's been a while since I have played, no longer a gamer (never really was). I don't recall feeling discontentment for the UK scenery (the cities did feel too similar) but I also did not pay too much attention to it. I do think that ATS has more diversity and "soul". I'd love for a global trucking game from SCS (a pipedream considering current tech limitations). Same thing for GTA 5 - I love the idea of having an entire globe to explore.
If you compare UK map (2012) with Scandinavia DLC (2015) and the rest the difference is very noticeable. France, Austria and Germany also looked very ugly and similar before the rework but now they look decent as they reworked all the map and some of the cities (except Austria map which is fully reworked). The next full rework will be Switzerland and their plans are to also rework German cities but it will take time. Going East DLC also looks outdated because it doesn't use any new assetts, just base game assetts reused.

I love ETS2, but I would prefer American Truck Simulator because I am an American.

I bought ATS a few years ago, but the key difference that I like more about ETS2 is that for ATS, it's sort of AIDS how they're doing each state one by one. I really wish they would release the DLC into regions instead of states, like what they do in ETS2. I'm extremely patient and am waiting for all the states to be done (probably will take 4+ years) to play it.

I love ETS2, but I would prefer American Truck Simulator because I am an American.

I bought ATS a few years ago, but the key difference that I like more about ETS2 is that for ATS, it's sort of AIDS how they're doing each state one by one. I really wish they would release the DLC into regions instead of states, like what they do in ETS2. I'm extremely patient and am waiting for all the states to be done (probably will take 4+ years) to play it.
I think that we will have DLC regions in ATS after Texas. The other states are smaller and also have less interesting scenery, for example it wouln't make sense to have a separate DLC for North Dakota and South Dakota. I think that the next DLC after Texas will be Oklahoma and Arkansas or if they're feeling generous Oklahoma + Kansas + Nebraska.

I would love to play ETS2 But I'm not getting more than 3 FPS because moneycel

Euro truck is better in my opinion

I would love to play ETS2 But I'm not getting more than 3 FPS because moneycel
Wow man you really have a potato computer, the minimum requirements say that GPU from 2010 (GeForce GTS 450), 4GB of RAM and a 2.4 GHz processor should be enough to run it.

Wow man you really have a potato computer, the minimum requirements say that GPU from 2010 (GeForce GTS 450), 4GB of RAM and a 2.4 GHz processor should be enough to run it.
Cool bro, I have 2 GB ram

Cool bro, I have 2 GB ram
Can you even run Windows decently with that or are you using a Linux distribution like I did in my shitty laptop?

I run Windows but even desktop lags
Just move to a nice Linux distribution bro, they are free and for doing basic tasks like browsing the internet or using the text processor it's the same but even in a potato computer it has no lag. You can even use some of the Windows programs with Wine emulator.

i like both but ats more. They just released texas too :feelsYall:

i like both but ats more. They just released texas too :feelsYall:
I thought Texas would cost the same as other DLC but it was more expensive so I didn't get it. I have all the other DLC tho because they were on sales.

ETS 2 for me, especially with ProMods.

I prefer American truck simulator because I live on the continent and can relate to it more.