Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

what am I doing wrong?

chancy

chancy

Greycel
Hi there, I used to be an alcoholic and I'm 22. My doctors say I don't have ADHD, depression or any issues. Yet literally all I do is sit online and think about wanting to drink. In what way do I not have issues? I tell them this and they literally just give me more pills. Obviously I'm not gonna rope. I'll try to be the bigger man and tough it out, but my psychiatrist told me that we need to take a break because apparently I'm not in need of one Any suggestions that don't involve a rope?

Hi there, I used to be an alcoholic and I'm 22. My doctors say I don't have ADHD, depression or any issues. Yet literally all I do is sit online and think about wanting to drink. In what way do I not have issues? I tell them this and they literally just give me more pills. Obviously I'm not gonna rope. I'll try to be the bigger man and tough it out, but my psychiatrist told me that we need to take a break because apparently I'm not in need of one Any suggestions that don't involve a rope?
First mistake was going to the therapiss. Specially if it's a woman

Sounds like classic alcoholism/depression to me. From a fellow sufferer. Suggestions I don't really know what to say at this point.

Last edited:
Other than try AA maybe? I'm not into the Higher Power stuff but it's good to have community who gets it. I might go back myself.

Last edited:
a lot of people with adhd suffer with substance abuse to try and silence all the thoughts among other things. that's why people on the spectrum often are nicotine addicts, drink heavily, smoke weed and do other heavier drugs. the adhd brain is constantly seeking stimulation. it's a really hard cycle to break since its so easy to fall back into that hole, and it's not fun to be aware of this evil cycle since you know what's wrong and people still wont listen. a lot of people on the spectrum are also very self aware about their issues, and knowing you have these issues and that they'll never get "resolved" is horrible, especially if doctors won't listen to what you're saying. sadly, a lot of psychiatrists will determine that if you're "high functioning" you're not in any need of help, since you already are aware of the issues you have at hand and that you can care for yourself.

my honest advice is to not give up, try seeking help from another psychiatrists and seek a second opinion and talk to them about your substance abuse and how it's detrimental to your mental health. you deserve to get the help that you're seeking, and I know it's hard to seek help from another professional. but never give up, mental health is incredibly important. good luck!