Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting What arguments would "normies" use against this?

R

RottenApple

Greycel
I'm trying to open up about my situation with other people, but it's difficult to find a way where they don't spit the typical meme arguments about confidence and shit, so I wrote what I think. In my case, it's important to be able to explain this to people close to me because it would make it easier to explain to them future decisions about my life:

My life experience has made me very skeptical of human intuitions regarding how personal relationships work, including sexual selection.

Intuitively, there's the idea that physical appearance and biology don't play a definitive role in sexual selection and how others treat you—a notion treated as unquestionable. In my case, having a distinctive physical appearance, a very narrow bone structure, and being very petite has explicitly shown me that human behavior, social relationships, and sexual selection can be more accurately understood from a biological and evolutionary perspective. The role of culture, morality, and personality is important, but the limits of their influence are marked by the biological component.

The intuition that sexual selection works in a less harsh and more romantic way is natural if your life experience has been different, where you can truly draw a connection between your actions and your success in the romantic sphere. The problem arises when you try to impose that intuition as an absolute truth that applies to people in a different situation. There's a concept called "survivorship bias," where we only know the experiences and testimonies of those who succeed, not those who, having tried similar actions, failed. The stories and testimonies of those who failed are forgotten, unheard, and silenced; we simply don't want to hear them.

Why treat intuition as something to be set aside in this discussion? Because when it comes to serious issues with consequences that are not anecdotal, the most appropriate way to approach the conversation is through reason. If we were to handle important issues based on intuition rather than reason, we would still be living in the Stone Age.

The idea of analyzing and understanding human behavior and sexual selection from a biological and evolutionary standpoint may seem extremely cold and cynical, challenging the human notion that we are not just animals but possess something divine. However, that's an emotional response, not a valid argument to evade the conversation about human behavior from a rational, as unbiased as possible perspective.

I don't speak to anyone

Unbiased perspective is a fairy tale. We live in Schrek's swamp tbh

I don't think it's at all intuitive to disregard lookism and add esoteric and unquantifiable traits over it but an inherited (and most definitely pre programmed) memetic, the question is why it exists and why it survived for so long through hundreds if not thousands of years of cultural evolution, which I dunno de answer I am not that big braine.

Dont vent to anyone about being incel irl in the first place.

I don't think it's at all intuitive to disregard lookism and add esoteric and unquantifiable traits over it but an inherited (and most definitely pre programmed) memetic, the question is why it exists and why it survived for so long through hundreds if not thousands of years of cultural evolution, which I dunno de answer I am not that big braine.
I guess that the idea that our potential depends on our merit rather than biological determinism makes life more bearable, and that's why it has become such a hegemonic opinion.

Well they see the world how they want to see it. The thing with us incels is that we don't want to actually believe the things we believe, but they are irrefutably true.

And its not like looks only matter when it comes to dating. Your looks matter a ton even when dealing with other men also. Your height, frame and attractiveness affects your status and the amount of respect you generally get from others. So it goes far beyond than just affecting your dating life.

People just don't want to believe it. After all, people want to believe in equality and justice. But nature doesn't recognise these two things.

Dont vent to anyone about being incel irl in the first place.
This. Best case scenario you'll be ignored/made fun of, worst case scenario they'll use it against you.

This. Best case scenario you'll be ignored/made fun of, worst case scenario they'll use it against you.
yeah i told my friend i struggled with women he knew that before i told him but since i told him hes been jabbing me with remarks bc of it
i only hang with him bc he knows too much:feelsbadman::feelsrope:

yeah i told my friend i struggled with women he knew that before i told him but since i told him hes been jabbing me with remarks bc of it
i only hang with him bc he knows too much:feelsbadman::feelsrope:
I feel you. Hey as long as he's not using it to make fun of you in front of other people, consider it friendly banter between friends.