Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious What bothers me most about graduate school is the thesis

mistersinister

mistersinister

New Creation
★★★★★
Some say graduate school is harder than work mainly because of the thesis, trying to survive the thesis

Some say graduate school is harder than work mainly because of the thesis, trying to survive the thesis
can you stop flexing on us by constantly reminding us you're in graduate school a lot of us are neets and losers and don't like to be reminded of that fact in our one safe space

with a MS you usually get an internship for a year where you do research on a topic which results in either a thesis/journal publication type manuscript. if that's not your cup of cake, don't do a MSc. the writing part is not the most tedious part, it's mainly doing all the experiments and reviewing all of the literature that's the most time-consuming

Season 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

I fucking hate writing and will spend hours writing a single paragraph. Jfl at thesiscels

This dude again :feelswhat:

Hardest part of studymaxxing:feelsstudy:

The thesis is nothing special, you just need a grant or parents to pay your bills while working on it.

I know physics PhDs who can't do basic probabilities or statistics, it's really just a matter of sticking through it, no intelligence or talent required

Inceldom Discussion

I know physics PhDs who can't do basic probabilities or statistics
Are you sure they can't, or were they just being lazy? Ngl, I find it hard to believe that they can't apply the basic ideas with algebra and calculus.

Yes, I had to help the guy figure out the results in a professional setting. He was unable to make progress on his own
JFL
F
L

What a joke. Imagine getting a PhD in a highly mathematical field and not havine a basic grasp of probability. :feelsclown:

can you stop flexing on us by constantly reminding us you're in graduate school a lot of us are neets and losers and don't like to be reminded of that fact in our one safe space
:feelshaha: