Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What do you guys think of OMAD (one meal a day)?

M3llow3lectrician

M3llow3lectrician

Schizo alpha / Schizo sigma
★★★★
I’m 5’9 and around 205 pounds. I want to get down to the 150s to see what my face actually looks like again without all this disgusting fat. Do you think restricting myself to just 1 meal a day in the evening or something would be an effective way to get there? I don’t really give that much of a fuck if I lose some muscle as long as I can get to the point where I can see my abs again.

it's ok, less effective once you are 30 or older

Yes it will help u but do monitor how many kcal u consume
If u genuinely want the process faster avoid carbs entirely and eat only meat products.

It's OK but i would rather eat every 5hrs. It's also healthy to eat when/if you wake up at night. You'll feel more energized in the morning.

Thats my natural diet anyways, caffeine during the day then eat once in the night

Thats my natural diet anyways
Mine is TMAD. I hear it is optimal to consume protien four times a day because that's about when protien synthesis will occur. I don't feel like having a snack every 4-5 hours though. During the day, I'm busy and distracted. I always eat dinner and/or breakfast.

Last edited:
If you wanna lost fat, try swimming too.

I used to do OMAD years ago. It was okay. Lost weight

I’m 5’9 and around 205 pounds. I want to get down to the 150s to see what my face actually looks like again without all this disgusting fat. Do you think restricting myself to just 1 meal a day in the evening or something would be an effective way to get there? I don’t really give that much of a fuck if I lose some muscle as long as I can get to the point where I can see my abs again.
Based. Am trying to do the same currently. It's worth it you'll feel more energetic throughout the day and will increase productivity. If you crave some food, just drink some coffee or have a cigarette if you're a smoker.

I usually only have one big meal a day - at night - but couldn't do without smaller meals in the morning and afternoon. I never eat snacks between meals either.

Yes it will help u but do monitor how many kcal u consume
If u genuinely want the process faster avoid carbs entirely and eat only meat products.
That’s a good idea although I don’t plan on eating like a total pig for my 1 meal a day either cause that would defeat the purpose.

I have been watching a decent number of Goatis videos. It has been making me interested in a more animal based diet.

Yeah I do OMAD, it doesn't really work unless you eat less calories in total than your maintenance calories.
The idea is that it's less likely you eat your calorie requirements in one sitting due to being full.
You won't lose really lose muscle with OMAD, just make sure to stimulate your muscles somehow.
Heck, you will barely lose any muscle if you stop eating for two weeks straight, so I wouldn't worry.

Yeah I do OMAD, it doesn't really work unless you eat less calories in total than your maintenance calories.
The idea is that it's less likely you eat your calorie requirements in one sitting due to being full.
You won't lose really lose muscle with OMAD, just make sure to stimulate your muscles somehow.
Heck, you will barely lose any muscle if you stop eating for two weeks straight, so I wouldn't worry.
I don’t think it would even be possible for me to eat in a calorie surplus off just 1 meal unless I ate like some 600 pound life mfer tbh

i used to do OMAD but made sure it had a concentrated amount of protein exceeding 25g so usually a chicken breast with broccoli, some rice or boiled veg, otherwise caffeine during the day as well as running for an hour at night, lost 30lbs in a few months this way

i tried to do OMAD a few times but i just felt weak all throughout the day and with no energy.I think eating like 2 healthy meals is better ,once in the morning and once in the evening.

Very effective if you can do it. Don't eat in the evening though, eat in the middle of the day.