Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why are we wasting time when we can become gods?

slide_47.jpg

We are winning.

Neural networks are a great advancement in computing, but we can not limit ourselves to them, many of the activities that neural networks can exert are recognition of patterns and perception, although they still do not offer a good alternative to learning physical symbols, our minds have several types of information processing, some cognitive processes process through the manipulation of symbols, and others resemble more artificial networks, this is what we call hybrid architecture, an AI of realistic proportions can not be limited to a single type of information processing.

If anyone is interested in modeling cognitive processes for AI constructs I recommend the book Cognitive Science: An Introduction to the Science of the Mind

Neural networks are a great advancement in computing, but we can not limit ourselves to them, many of the activities that neural networks can exert are recognition of patterns and perception, although they still do not offer a good alternative to learning physical symbols, our minds have several types of information processing, some cognitive processes process through the manipulation of symbols, and others resemble more artificial networks, this is what we call hybrid architecture, an AI of realistic proportions can not be limited to a single type of information processing.

If anyone is interested in modeling cognitive processes for AI constructs I recommend the book Cognitive Science: An Introduction to the Science of the Mind

Will definitely check it out. I'm looking to really get into this shit. I'm gonna build my fucking dream wife.

Will definitely check it out. I'm looking to really get into this shit. I'm gonna build my fucking dream wife.
Great to hear man, it's great to see more incels interested in creating AI for realistic partners

TLDR please i'm not gonna read that shit

I don't think you're correct on this. We are starting to learn that neural nets can in fact learn how to manipulate symbols.

Back to r/mgtow

I don't think you're correct on this. We are starting to learn that neural nets can in fact learn how to manipulate symbols.

Are they? Or are they falling into the paradigm of the Chinese room? I ask this because I am also a student and still learning, because of my educational bases in the subject I follow the vision of Fodor, where cognition should be understood in terms of the rule-governed transformation of abstract symbol structures , a manipulation that is sensitive only to the formal, syntactic features of those symbol structures. These are the formal structures of the separable and recombinant components, there do not seem to be any such separable and recombinable components in artificial neural networks. Oh manipulation of symbols and the physical world it's something, but learning the meaning of the symbol is another I think, if they are it can be a hybrid model with neural networks, if you have the article I want to give a read.

Last edited:
Are they? Or are they falling into the paradigm of the Chinese room? I ask this because I am also a student and still learning, because of my educational bases in the subject I follow the vision of Fodor, where cognition should be understood in terms of the rule-governed transformation of abstract symbol structures , a manipulation that is sensitive only to the formal, syntactic features of those symbol structures. These are the formal structures of the separable and recombinant components, there do not seem to be any such separable and recombinable components in artificial neural networks. Oh manipulation of symbols and the physical world it's something, but learning the meaning of the symbol is another I think, if they are it can be a hybrid model with neural networks, if you have the article I want to give a read.

This application of DNC as one example?

NNs are killing it in tasks like Winograd schema as well where symbolic GOFAI has utterly failed.

This application of DNC as one example?

NNs are killing it in tasks like Winograd schema as well where symbolic GOFAI has utterly failed.

Oh yes, so they used a hybrid model with a knowledge base representation, the use of past experience to be applied in the creation and learning of knowledge can greatly help in tasks like learning by analogy and perhaps flourishing creativity in a machine, at a time ago I was thinking and searching for articles in a hybrid implementation using case-based reasoning and neural networks, I'll definitely take a look at DNC, thanks.

MGTOW are sane in their own right but c'mon guys you have our own forums and a pretty good place to say this sort of stuff ie r/MGTOW on reddit.

Most people here are not going to stop desiring females, and I doubt most here have any desire to go "Monk" mode.

MGTOW are sane in their own right but c'mon guys you have our own forums and a pretty good place to say this sort of stuff ie r/MGTOW on reddit.

Most people here are not going to stop desiring females, and I doubt most here have any desire to go "Monk" mode.
This isn't about monkmaxxing. If we truly can't fuck foids then why not just build their replacements? It's not like they are going to fuck us between now and then anyway.

This isn't about monkmaxxing. If we truly can't fuck foids then why not just build their replacements? It's not like they are going to fuck us between now and then anyway.
Don't worry brah, some truecel will indeed build their replacement one of these days and it will be OGRE for them all when such a beautiful day occurs.

I read on MGTOW before that men only need women for sex so sex robots can easily replace them, but women need men for emotional support and resources and therefore we can't be replaced haha.

Don't worry brah, some truecel will indeed build their replacement one of these days and it will be OGRE for them all when such a beautiful day occurs.

I read on MGTOW before that men only need women for sex so sex robots can easily replace them, but women need men for emotional support and resources and therefore we can't be replaced haha.
More importantly, we can achieve the world Elliot discussed at the end of his manifesto. A world where men don't suffer or want. Anything is worth achieving that goal.

Humans can't achieve godhood but they can achieve sainthood. ER is one way to ascend into sainthood. Other way is being very ugly like St Blackopscel.

"Why are we wasting our time when we could become gods"?

Good question, if for no other reason than its a time-honored one. Humanity has been asking itself that same question as long as there have been human beings capable of doing so. Why be content with the constraints Nature has placed upon us if there's some way of slipping them. We may not be the sturdiest of Creation's children. Quite to the contrary, actually. When compared to many of Her other children, we're almost absurdly fragile. Yet, for all of that, we are without a doubt Her most clever offspring. We'll never be able to take Heaven by storm, to be sure, but there's always that dream of using our ingenuity to quietly slip through its gates; a fantasy so very compelling because, given our relative sophistication, it almost seems attainable.

We've aspired to become gods for a very long time, in almost every place we recognized the fundamental distinction between the mortal and divine. The Greek poets composed their lyrics about the dread halls of Hades where men, having given up their vitality, sank below and languished as mere shadows of what they once were. The ancient Hebrews, just as pessimistic as the pagans they reviled, shuddered at the thought of dim Sheol where the only thing remaining to the Dead were the fading memories of Life's beauty that had forever been lost to them. There may have been gods celebrating upon Olympus and Yahweh may have reigned in Heaven serenaded by hosts of angels, but the eternal joys allotted for Zeus and El were not meant for men.

Not a nice thought, is it?

Well, our race has always been one of exceptionally desperate dreamers. Shamans have ingested toxic plants, replete with substances with the power to kill if used with the slightest lack of care, for the sake of snatching just a glimpse of realms reserved for the spirits. Ascetics have relegated themselves to the harsh isolation of the wilderness hoping that, in extremis, they could hear a single note of the music the nymphs lavish upon the gods. The Christian martyrs, shuddering in anticipation of the frigid darkness of Hell, were willing to endure tortures far worse than those suffered by their deity if it meant the slightest chance of taking a place by his side.

Mortal men have their dreams of Paradise, and unlovable monsters have theirs. Both aspire to cheat the lot assigned to them by Nature, the former attempting to find some way of becoming like gods and the latter of experiencing what human beings take for granted. In both cases, failure is the only possible outcome. The shaman who tries to slip uninvited into the World of the Spirits is ultimately nothing more than a man hallucinating as he poisons himself with dangerous drugs. He may try to convince himself the glossolalia streaming from his lips is the language of angels but, when all is said and done, all that's actually issuing from his throat is gibberish and the vomit he'll eventually choke to death on. The monster can use all of his ingenuity to fashion an artificial mate. He'll swear with tears in his eyes he's finally achieved what every actual man takes for granted, that he at long last knows what it is to be desired, to hold and to be held with passion. Confronted with such a sight, humanity as a whole will look upon the pitiful display of a grotesque thing fucking an expensive doll, pretending to love and to be loved, and respond with collective laughter. Which is to be expected, I suppose. Just as human tragedy is regarded by the divine as comedy, so too is the humiliating agony of abominations a well-spring of mirth for men.

The gods were meant for Heaven, men for Earth and we monsters for Hell. Nature would never permit anything else. Sometimes, as the tiniest consolation, She'll provide us fleeting reveries, flights of fantasy during which we can imagine otherwise. If one can take brief solace in his drugs and dreams, whether he be man or monster, so be it. But never forget that every dream has to end, with each of one us waking up precisely where he belongs.

Brilliant

"Every dream dies when the dreamer wakes, without exception"

It is just as you said, gods belong in the kingdom among stars, man grounded to the earth, and us below where no light shines. However one could find happiness regardless if you were harboured from heavens cradle, or the womb of Mother Nature or even the disregarded muck that gave form to us, afterall is happiness not simply being content with ones position? So naturally failure to accept yourself will lead to sorrow, and Our lives are tainted with anguish because we could see the harsh truth but cannot accept it, our egos would have us seated on the thrones of heaven and yet we are not even worthy to tread the earth. With a dream as ludicrous as becoming a god, is there anything but tragedy that lies await?

I sympathize with the OP. It's soothing to experience someone here with an active will and desire in his heart. I wish him luck!

Sometime in the future, sexbots may evolve into a nice distraction. Nothing against that. But it doesn't solve the basic problem, a sexbot has no consciousness no matter how lifelike you could make it. It's essentially a glorified sexdoll.

There are other possiblities. Either matter is fundamental and we all die. Or consciousness is fundamental and all our fantasies, thoughts, and wishes, but also our anguish and depression, gets catapulted into the beyond where we ourselves will go when we leave this material plane behind. Like some astro-physicists like to say: Information never gets destroyed.

Say both are equally as likely, so it's a toss up. In such a case, if black wins on the roulette table, all we have to do is wait out this temporary and actually pretty short existence, and paradise can be ours. But it also makes it matter to some extent how we spend our time here, more precisely what we fill our minds, will and thoughts with. If we consciously shut out our dream-desire faculty in order to replace it with nothing but blackpill anguish and ER wishes, not to mention ER actions, that's also what will be awaiting us on the other side.

Last edited:
According to gnosticism, humans can achieve godhood, but it is not so easy.

According to gnosticism, humans can achieve godhood, but it is not so easy.

You hinting at what's been called the reincarnation trap? Or are you more familiar with the actual lore of traditional gnosticism?

great thread for those who hope technology that either replaces foids like sex bots or artificial womb, or AI destroying the world

But incels are a small minority, mostly NEETs. The best we can do is spread memes about inceldom and/or go ER. Like if you agree

"Why are we wasting our time when we could become gods"?

Good question, if for no other reason than its a time-honored one. Humanity has been asking itself that same question as long as there have been human beings capable of doing so. Why be content with the constraints Nature has placed upon us if there's some way of slipping them. We may not be the sturdiest of Creation's children. Quite to the contrary, actually. When compared to many of Her other children, we're almost absurdly fragile. Yet, for all of that, we are without a doubt Her most clever offspring. We'll never be able to take Heaven by storm, to be sure, but there's always that dream of using our ingenuity to quietly slip through its gates; a fantasy so very compelling because, given our relative sophistication, it almost seems attainable.

We've aspired to become gods for a very long time, in almost every place we recognized the fundamental distinction between the mortal and divine. The Greek poets composed their lyrics about the dread halls of Hades where men, having given up their vitality, sank below and languished as mere shadows of what they once were. The ancient Hebrews, just as pessimistic as the pagans they reviled, shuddered at the thought of dim Sheol where the only thing remaining to the Dead were the fading memories of Life's beauty that had forever been lost to them. There may have been gods celebrating upon Olympus and Yahweh may have reigned in Heaven serenaded by hosts of angels, but the eternal joys allotted for Zeus and El were not meant for men.

Not a nice thought, is it?

Cool, we're not talking about 3000 years ago when most human understanding was limited to myth and superstition. They were woefully limited by the technology they had. We aren't.

Well, our race has always been one of exceptionally desperate dreamers. Shamans have ingested toxic plants, replete with substances with the power to kill if used with the slightest lack of care, for the sake of snatching just a glimpse of realms reserved for the spirits. Ascetics have relegated themselves to the harsh isolation of the wilderness hoping that, in extremis, they could hear a single note of the music the nymphs lavish upon the gods. The Christian martyrs, shuddering in anticipation of the frigid darkness of Hell, were willing to endure tortures far worse than those suffered by their deity if it meant the slightest chance of taking a place by his side.

Again, we aren't limited to superstitious nonsense anymore. We now have the ability to edit genes and extend life. The goals I mentioned are now more in reach than ever.

Mortal men have their dreams of Paradise, and unlovable monsters have theirs. Both aspire to cheat the lot assigned to them by Nature, the former attempting to find some way of becoming like gods and the latter of experiencing what human beings take for granted. In both cases, failure is the only possible outcome. The shaman who tries to slip uninvited into the World of the Spirits is ultimately nothing more than a man hallucinating as he poisons himself with dangerous drugs. He may try to convince himself the glossolalia streaming from his lips is the language of angels but, when all is said and done, all that's actually issuing from his throat is gibberish and the vomit he'll eventually choke to death on. The monster can use all of his ingenuity to fashion an artificial mate. He'll swear with tears in his eyes he's finally achieved what every actual man takes for granted, that he at long last knows what it is to be desired, to hold and to be held with passion. Confronted with such a sight, humanity as a whole will look upon the pitiful display of a grotesque thing fucking an expensive doll, pretending to love and to be loved, and respond with collective laughter. Which is to be expected, I suppose. Just as human tragedy is regarded by the divine as comedy, so too is the humiliating agony of abominations a well-spring of mirth for men.

If you accept your fate, then accept it. I on the other hand control my own fate and destiny.

As for your last part of the paragraph, I can give a fuck about what other people think of me. Fuck them. I don't care about them. I don't care if they live or die. I don't care if they laugh or point. All I care about is my personal fucking happiness. All of this other bullshit about being loved is a fucking illusion. Real women can not by definition love sub-8 men. They simply haven't evolved to. They deal with 5-7 men because of their utility, and discard sub-5 men because of their lack thereof.

Honestly you're kidding yourself if you think affection from any woman as a sub-8 male is love.

The gods were meant for Heaven, men for Earth and we monsters for Hell. Nature would never permit anything else. Sometimes, as the tiniest consolation, She'll provide us fleeting reveries, flights of fantasy during which we can imagine otherwise. If one can take brief solace in his drugs and dreams, whether he be man or monster, so be it. But never forget that every dream has to end, with each of one us waking up precisely where he belongs.

The premise of my argument was not about becoming literal gods. It's about us extending our lifespans, intelligence, and knowledge base to such a level that to our modern selves we would seem gods. What's the difference between people who can travel to countless stars? Who can manipulate them? As far as I'm concerned there is no difference.

Oh yes, so they used a hybrid model with a knowledge base representation, the use of past experience to be applied in the creation and learning of knowledge can greatly help in tasks like learning by analogy and perhaps flourishing creativity in a machine, at a time ago I was thinking and searching for articles in a hybrid implementation using case-based reasoning and neural networks, I'll definitely take a look at DNC, thanks.

It's a hybrid model but the model is fully differentiable and learned end-to-end. It's still what I would call a full neural architecture.

sex bots are so overrated nothing will ever compare to real pussy

It's a hybrid model but the model is fully differentiable and learned end-to-end. It's still what I would call a full neural architecture.

Yes, from what I understand this architecture is a way of deflecting the vanishing gradient problem, LSTM have difficulty with traditional activation functions, but is this a better alternative than relu? From what I remember relu is not differentiable at 0, sorry it is the first time I come across this type of architecture

Becoming a God to me is ERing though.

You hinting at what's been called the reincarnation trap? Or are you more familiar with the actual lore of traditional gnosticism?
Yeah, I believe in the reincarbation trap.

Listen you all, the true redpill is not what you
have heard or what you believe. The true redpill is in gnosticism. We are alms who are trapped in bodies, and we are doomed to the eternal reincarnetion. The life you are living know its just one of the thousands of lifes you have lived before. This world is just an ilussion created by a blind god to doom us.
I know this is hard to believe, but if you want to achieve godhood you can research about gnosticism.

I get it guys. I'm junecel faggot or whatever, but I just really don't care at this point. I see a lot of guys here letting themselves rot and get consumed by grief. I just don't want to see so many young men wasting their fucking lives on bullshit. Please don't do the stupid shit that I did. I know not having female validation and the respect of your male peers is fucking devastating. Trust me, I've spent years languishing in this purgatory. Nevertheless, the best revenge is to fucking win. Foids aren't fucking sad when guys go ER and blast their heads off in a mall. That just confirms their fucking suspicions about incels. Women expect men to go berserk when they can't get female attention. They don't expect men to move on and transcend them. That shit legitimately terrifies them because they know that without men they'd fucking die. Women are simply weaker and dumber. There's no getting around this fact.

What truly terrifies Femoids is not talking about going ER. Its talk about sex robots, artificial wombs, and immortality. Because in that future we simply don't need them. Women are afraid that MEN will win, and we will. But not by fucking overvaluing worthless meatbag women. They just don't offer shit other than a pretty fucking smile and got lips to suck cock.

Why are we wasting our energy and talent on ruthless foids? Why not use what little mental power we have that isn't being consumed by depression to fix our fucking lives? I understand that we may not get to fully utilize sex robots until our 30s, 40s, or 50s. But it's still worth fixing a deep societal problem that won't fucking go away. We can permanently fix the problems that are causing incels. We can END inceldom FOREVER.

ETA: I just wanted to add some words from Saint Elliot

In this epilogue, Elliot told us the real reasons why we suffer as men, women. We can overcome all of this bullshit and achieve Elliot's fucking vision. His version of this world wasn't practical, but the idea of replacing women is incredibly fucking practical. With Sex Robots and or asexual reproduction, we can truly achieve what the fuck he was talking about man.
Even if we dont need foids to technically live its still imperative we have their validation and companionship for our mental health. Immortality is more of a curse than a blessing if we continue a life where we are treated as second class citizens and receive nothing but disgust and hatred.

Yes, from what I understand this architecture is a way of deflecting the vanishing gradient problem, LSTM have difficulty with traditional activation functions, but is this a better alternative than relu? From what I remember relu is not differentiable at 0, sorry it is the first time I come across this type of architecture

I think the architecture includes some LSTMs, it just doesn't rely on them for most of the memory.

ReLu isn't differentiable at zero but it hardly matters. There is also SeLu now which is fully differentiable. Between SeLu, batch norm and better weight inits, vanishing gradient is becoming less and less of a problem. There are also new techniques like synthetic gradients and meta-learning approaches that also help with someone the classical failures of NNs.

God tier cope

Literally