Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Any philosophers to sperg out on?

YBP Yxngcel

YBP Yxngcel

Neurodivergent
★★★
I wanna read more philosophy. Who should I read?

I want based philosophers who give the raw truth about life! Kind of like Nietzsche

Schopenhauer is very based ,Dostoyevsky is truecel

philosophy is retarded and always has been. an endless pointless circlejerk. math and science only. philosophers are parasites and don't deserve the worship they get.

philosophy is retarded and always has been. an endless pointless circlejerk. math and science only. philosophers are parasites and don't deserve the worship they get.
I find math and science kind of boring. I mean I was decent in math in school. But It just bored with all the diameters. Learning about kgs. Etc. I mean how do you honestly find that interesting compared to philosophy where you discuss ideas and theories about your perspective if the world. And what real and what's not

I find math and science kind of boring. I mean I was decent in math in school. But It just bored with all the diameters. Learning about kgs. Etc. I mean how do you honestly find that interesting compared to philosophy where you discuss ideas and theories about your perspective if the world. And what real and what's not
science gave you the internet that we are using to communicate through right now. all philosophy gives you is endless confusion and false short term senses of clarity. philosophy is high IQ parasitism.

Schopenhauer is the most based philosopher you can ask for. I would even say that this book is life changing. Reading him also covers what Buddhism teachers, for he says:

Buddha, Eckhart, and I all teach essentially the same.

"My meditative philosophy has for its pole star truth alone"

Arthur Schopenhauer's work constitutes a major breakthrough in philosophy. He smashed the straightjacket imposed by Immanuel Kant, who stated that we couldn't know the essence of the world, the real nature of all matter, the thing-in-itself. Schopenhauer remarked judiciously that we could discover this real nature, because we have knowledge of our own body. He called this essence 'the will'' or the 'will-to-live, which is practically the same as the Darwinian 'struggle for life'.
Hereafter, a tentative short summary of this astonishing book.

Representation and will
The world (the object) is the representation of the subject (the individual). The essential form of this representation is the division into object and subject. Its subordinate forms are space = position, time = succession and (states of) matter = causality. The object (the world) is, on the one hand, only matter ; but, on the other hand, it has an innermost being, the thing-in-itself, which Schopenhauer calls 'the will', 'the will-to-live'.

The will, its phenomena and freedom
The will is the groundless essence of everything in nature. It is an endless striving and appears in every conscious and unconscious acting force of nature.
How can we know the will ? Through information about our own body and its (voluntary and involuntary) actions and movements. Every individual, animal, plant, original inorganic force is to be regarded as a phenomenon (a manifestation) of the will.

Knowledge, reason, feeling
Perception is the first source of all evidence. Through it, we gather knowledge by discovering causality in the world. This leads to reflection on choices between several motives that govern the actions of the subject (the individual).
Abstract knowledge consists of concepts conceived through language (grammar), planned action and science. Rational knowledge (reason) is crucial for making judgments (phrases), which describe the relation between a subject and a predicate.
Feeling (religious, moral ...) is the opposite of rational knowledge. But, human conduct is driven by feelings (love, hatred ... ).

Art
Art is the camera obscura of the will. Genial art shows the objects more purely and enables the individual to comprehend them better.
Aesthetic pleasure is to be interpreted as a deliverance from the influence of the will.
Music is the language of feeling, while words are the language of reason ; music reproduces all the emotions of our innermost being, but entirely without reality.

Man's daemon, Schopenhauer's pessimism
Man is not free. He is not independent of the law of causality. His actions are determined by motives. He has an elective decision between different motives, whose choices reveal his character. Every individual imagines that he can at any moment enter upon a different way of life, which is equivalent to saying that he can become a different person.
All life is suffering, an endless striving. Every satisfaction is merely a starting point for new striving. Sexual intercourse is the most decided affirmation of the will-to-live.
Egoism is the starting point of all conflict. 'Wrong' is the denial of the will that appears in the bodies of others. The State contract (the law) is there to diminish all that suffering.

The last part of the book is a thorough, amazing and extremely detailed criticism of the Kantian philosophy.

This book had, although not immediately, immense influence on philosophy and literature. Nietzsche turned Schopenhauer's negative dark daemon into a positive 'will to power'.

In the second volume of 'The World as Will and Representation' Schopenhauer gives, sometimes in a too exhaustive manner, further comments and explanations on his first volume. Hereafter, a tentative summary of some of its main points.

The will, matter, the body, the intellect
Matter is the mere visibility of the will. Its essential nature consists in acting. It is through and through causality.
Our body is matter, but also will. The individual can understand through his body's actions from within the real inner nature of things, the thing-in-itself, the will.
All philosophers have made the mistake of placing that which is metaphysical, indestructible and eternal, in man's intellect. But, the intellect is nothing more than a tool of the will. The kernel is not the knowing consciousness, because it perishes together with the individual. The will however continues to live. It remains untouched by time. It is simply indestructible.

Knowledge, reason, power of judgment, morality, man's character
All knowing is essentially a making of representations. Since the faculty of reason is given to all, but power of judgment to few, the consequence is that man is exposed to delusion, which can induce him to commit perversities and follies of all kinds.
Morality is directly opposed to the will, for the thing-in-itself is absolutely egoistic.
Man's actions which are consequently done from the pure impulse of his own nature, are real symptoms of his true and inalterable character. Man's action results every time with strict necessity from two factors, his character and the motives that present themselves.

Genius, Art
Wisdom and genius are rooted in the perceptive faculty. Every new knowledge, every new truth is the fruit of a perception, of directly apprehending a new side of things.
The genius has a more profound vision of the world. His art presents things more clearly and characteristically by emphasizing the essential. Therefore, the will must be silenced, must vanish from conscience.

Man's misery
Man's life is often nothing more than the bare maintenance of his very existence, in constant conflict with misery and want, and with death in prospect. 'To enter at the age of five a cotton-spinning or other factory, and from then on to sit every day first ten, then twelve, and finally fourteen hours, and perform the same mechanical work, is to purchase dearly the pleasure of drawing breath.'
The chief source of the most serious evils affecting man is man himself : homo homini lupus. The world is the battle-ground of tormented and agonized beings who continue to exist only by each devouring the other.

Death, religion, philosophy
The thing-in-itself remains untouched by time, but not its phenomena, who die. All religions and philosophical systems are primarily the antidote to the certainty of death. This powerful attachment to life is irrational and blind. It can be explained only from the fact that our whole being-in-itself is the will-to-live, to which life must appear as the highest good, however embittered short and uncertain it may be.

Sex
The sexual impulse is the kernel of the will-to-live. The sex-relation is the invisible central point of all man's action and conduct, a cause of war and peace. In all sexual love, instinct holds the rein, and creates illusion, since for nature the interest of the species takes precedence over all others. The ultimate aim of all love-affairs is nothing less than the composition of the next generation.

Journalists, priests
'Professional purveyors of opinion, such as journalists, as a rule give out only false goods.'
'There has never been a lack of persons who have endeavoured to create their livelihood out of man's need for metaphysics, and to exploit it as much as possible. Therefore in all nations there are monopolists and farmers-general of it, namely the priests.' 'The symbol of Christianity is an instrument of torture.

The Road to Salvation
One should live a life as a process of purification, leaving immorality and wickedness behind as dross. Then will appear what the Veda says : 'whoever beholds the highest and profoundest, has his heart's knot cut, all his doubts are resolved, and his works come to nought'.

Last edited:
Olavo de carvalho

wouldn't exist without philosophy
nevermind your right. were would be be without sigmund freudand his incest desire theories?

BUT THEY AREN'T NORMATIVE