Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone else here raised as a Jehovah's Witness or in a similar cult?

CreepElite

CreepElite

Happiness is a choice
-
Just curious if any other incels here share my background of having one's life hijacked by cult indoctrination.

When other people were going off to college and getting laid, I was working part time for minimum wage, going door-to-door handing out Christian fundamentalist literature to bewildered stoners on their doorsteps with a bunch of old people, and spending my free time wandering around alone in the woods because I had no social life.

If you were a JW, Scientologist, Mormon, etc, I'd love to hear your story.

I have more respect for Jehova Witness than degenerates.

I’m sure there are a few

I was raised by nihilistic atheists
cults are a little too much, but I wouldn't mind having a religious family

I’m sure there are a few
I hope so. The complete destruction of my childhood by Jehovah's Witnesses is major cause of my inceldom. I'm hoping I'm not the only one who has this particular backstory, that would make me feel lonely.

My grandma was a jew before the third reich had risen to power, not that it has anything to do with this post :lul:

Just curious if any other incels here share my background of having one's life hijacked by cult indoctrination.

When other people were going off to college and getting laid, I was working part time for minimum wage, going door-to-door handing out Christian fundamentalist literature to bewildered stoners on their doorsteps with a bunch of old people, and spending my free time wandering around alone in the woods because I had no social life.

From what I have read cultcels are fakecels most of them can get wedded to a brainwashed female who provides sex, if they are loyal enough, no matter how ugly their face is.

i was raised a Jehovahs witness. Fuck that normie bluepilled filled cult

But would you have been able to get a female if you had stayed?
Doesn't matter, I could not have stayed. I had to go to a mental hospital and almost committed suicide because of what they did to me. If you didn't have a similar situation in your life, I don't expect you to understand.

I was raised in the cult of Zesto.

I hope so. The complete destruction of my childhood by Jehovah's Witnesses is major cause of my inceldom. I'm hoping I'm not the only one who has this particular backstory, that would make me feel lonely.
What do you look like? cuz unless you were popular and alpha with other jws this is just coping, if it weren't for those sheep brainwashing me:soy: I'd have been chad you guys. You'd be just another secular cuckqueer who posts on reddit, a normie at best

No, I got lucky with relatively secular parents.

i was raised a Jehovahs witness. Fuck that normie bluepilled filled cult
How serious about it were you?

When I was 21, I was a fulltime pioneer with several ongoing bible studies and was being groomed to become a ministerial servant. I chugged the fucking coolaid in highschool as a cope because the social rejection was too much to bear. When I meet other born-ins who just never gave a fuck and drifted away in their early teens, I really wonder how they managed to avoid becoming indoctrinated like I was. Probably by not being a stuttering autistic nigger.

Doesn't matter, I could not have stayed. I had to go to a mental hospital and almost committed suicide because of what they did to me. If you didn't have a similar situation in your life, I don't expect you to understand.
That sucks, I can sympathize with that since I have been there, although not from being raised in a cult. I don't understand how you could have no social life when you were in a connected close knit group which uses love bombing to create in group loyalty. Most people in cults are happy, brainwashed and have a great social life. Even though they lose freedom, unable to think independently and are slaves to the ideology.

What do you look like? cuz unless you were popular and alpha with other jws this is just coping, if it weren't for those sheep brainwashing me:soy: I'd have been chad you guys. You'd be just another secular cuckqueer who posts on reddit, a normie at best
Being raised in a reclusive cult completely derailed my life. I was forbidden from having any kind of social life with non-JW kids. It was one step above being locked in a basement and forgotten about. It really depresses me how many incels can't relate to this and call me a fakecell.
I officialy left 3 years ago
i never took it "too" seriously tbh
i started losing interest when i was 13 or so
If you didn't take it seriously, then what did you believe? About life, death, God, the universe, etc?

Oh, I'm sure. Hopefully, more comments roll in.

That sucks, I can sympathize with that since I have been there, although not from being raised in a cult. I don't understand how you could have no social life when you were in a connected close knit group which uses love bombing to create in group loyalty. Most people in cults are happy, brainwashed and have a great social life. Even though they lose freedom, unable to think independently and are slaves to the ideology.
No friend, I'm afraid you're mistaken.

When you are a member of a cult, you don't socialize with real people, and you don't get to be a real person yourself. You have to present yourself as what the official dogma teaches is what a spiritually acceptable person is, and others will do likewise, so your social life will consist of nothing but awkward, phony, scripted conversations that will leave you feeling empty and confused.

When you grow up and suddenly realize that your entire perception of reality is based on lies that disturbed adults forced into your skull, your mind will be torn in half, it will be more terrifying than trench warfare, and you will wish you were dead.

Hmm i dont think there is many tbh.

SHIIIEEEEEET. My parents was JW for a while, and they stopped when I was like 8. Never liked to go there and listen that stupid shit. Still hate them and any fanatic religions.

SHIIIEEEEEET. My parents was JW for a while, and they stopped when I was like 8. Never liked to go there and listen that stupid shit. Still hate them and any fanatic religions.
I find that people who escaped while they were young usually don't realize how lucky they are. Being brainwashed is as bad as being an incel.

My parents are mormons. Mormons have a retarded doctrine, tbh.

My parents are mormons. Mormons have a retarded doctrine, tbh.
My sympathies. . Mynderstanding is that they're almost as bad as Jehovah's Witnesses in terms of thought-control.

I was raised in a very Christian home. I wasnt forced to evangelize, but its one of the main contributors to my isolation and depression.

My foid housemate is a jehovas witness, and is irrevocably fucked in the head from it.

JW is such a stupid religion tbh. A religion that denies afterlife is not worth believing in

It's like going to a restaurant without eating.

I was raised in a similar cult called the Coptic Orthodox Church.

I was raised JW too, born into it, my grandparents and parents were all in it so of course they brought me up in it to. Had bible studies all throughout my childhood on a weekly basis and went to the kingdom halls, the whole deal.

Personally I never took it seriously, just didn't care, all the hours spent on the bible studies and attending the meetings and to this day I don't remember a word of what was taught to me. I remember just zoning out through the bible studies and meetings or I would doodle in a notebook waiting for it to be over so I could go home and continue playing video games, watching TV or building shit out of Legos.

Never went door to door or got baptized thankfully, I dodged those bullets.

I never truly believed any of it and finally when I hit middle school I gave it up entirely. Parents were disappointed but that would have happened regardless.

Haven't bothered with religion since then, if I had stayed I'd probly be worse off now but who really knows. Like I said I wasn't in very long for it to affect me much, it's just a vague childhood memory now.

JW is such a stupid religion tbh. A religion that denies afterlife is not worth believing in

It's like going to a restaurant without eating.
They believe that loyal JWs are resurrected to eternal life in biologically perfect bodies on Earth after Armageddon when Jehovah kills 99.9% of the population because they chose the path of evil by refusing to become Jehovah's Witnesses. That's their version of the afterlife.
I was raised JW too, born into it, my grandparents and parents were all in it so of course they brought me up in it to. Had bible studies all throughout my childhood on a weekly basis and went to the kingdom halls, the whole deal.

Personally I never took it seriously, just didn't care, all the hours spent on the bible studies and attending the meetings and to this day I don't remember a word of what was taught to me. I remember just zoning out through the bible studies and meetings or I would doodle in a notebook waiting for it to be over so I could go home and continue playing video games, watching TV or building shit out of Legos.

Never went door to door or got baptized thankfully, I dodged those bullets.

I never truly believed any of it and finally when I hit middle school I gave it up entirely. Parents were disappointed but that would have happened regardless.

Haven't bothered with religion since then, if I had stayed I'd probly be worse off now but who really knows. Like I said I wasn't in very long for it to affect me much, it's just a vague childhood memory now.

I find these stories very interesting because of the stark contrast to my own life.

I was born into the religion, and many of my extended family were members as well. I believed from the beginning that the things I was being taught at the Kingdom Hall were true, and took them very seriously because I didn't want to be executed during Armageddon by Jehovah. I voraciously read all the literature and every new magazine that came out even in elementary school.

In high school, I became even more hyper-religious as a cope when I started to realize just how hopeless it was expect to ever fit in socially and have a normal teenhood. I became very busy with church activities and spent 50+ hours per month in the ministry.

I didn't wake up until I was 22. I had been depressed for years by the burden of having to rationalize all the logical contradictions and other issues with JW beliefs, and finally accepted the fact that it was all bullshit and my entire life had been a lie.

The Watchtower corporation ruined my life. They're doing it to more impressionable children right now as we speak. I wish I could do something about it.

Last edited:
I can relate, was born into JW religion. Believed in that till 13 yo, after that I was telling them what they wanted to hear.
Was doing my homework on congregations or playing on my phone to pass the time.

I have APD so didn't like those masses of people. Every roastie, that wanted to speak to my mom, just had to speak to me.
When you are grown inside that fake "loving" bubble, real life hits you hard as a child.

Never was baptized or even unbaptized publisher because I moved from parents at 14 y.o.
Thus can easily return if I ever want a loyal brainwashed wife haha.

What's more believable: a miracle or that fucking Lazarus did ancient Jew "it is a prank bro"?

2 OP: You did rational, according to Paskal's Wager. Don't feel bad about it, probably wouldn't get those teen JBs as incel anyway.

Last edited:
jehovah is a demon

i am a ginger, what do you think

Yes. I lived freely and peacefully in the basement, learning programming and other subjects until I was forced to move into a JW household.

Re: OT, should I believe that Ouija Boards can be dangerous?
UnsourcedAnon
Png

#184774499Friday, March 04, 2016 11:09 PM CST
No, such a believe is nonsensical at its maximum extent. "Ouija Boards" are based solely on ritualistic, religious fabrication. All "connections" are mathematically-programmed into the board. Religion in general is nothing more than a psychological-manipulation mechanism fueled by narcissism.

Re: i wish i didnt grow up in a religious household
Moronism
Png

#181269683Friday, January 08, 2016 1:04 AM CST
Religion is only adhered to because it instills fear of eternal punishment via psychological-manipulation. Essentially, such ideologies are structured on mental abuse.
Re: [ Content Deleted ]
Moronism
Png

#181289793Friday, January 08, 2016 3:20 PM CST
It is simply a "logical" explanation for natural phenomena. Your naivety is quite evident, given that you do not recognize that the entire structure of scientific knowledge orientates around objective analysis. Also, this is relevant to biology, considering that it describes inheritance of mutations throughout various generations, whereas religion is solely subjective.

Re: what is the meaning of life?
Unsourced_Anon
Png

#190247409Wednesday, June 01, 2016 3:12 PM CDT
It all depends on the perspective on which you seek to approach the question. From a purely abstract perspective, an overall "meaning" does not exist; individuals merely construct their own principles of "morality" because it directly benefits them in some manner. From a biological perspective, the actual purpose is nothing more than constant replication(Via reproduction) to ensure persistence/dominance of a given species. "Religion" is merely a fabrication to allow vulnerable civilians to be manipulated by the dominant elite. Ignore such claims of "divine" guidance. When the aforementioned perspectives intersect, the result is civilization, which utilizes the correlation of abstract principles and concrete knowledge to ensure that a given ethnic group is abundant.

Last edited:
No, I wasn't raised with any formal religious instruction, for better or for worse
Here is a YouTube channel 'Telltale' I found a few years ago, it is run by a former JW who was able to get out. Maybe it will help although the dude does not seem to be blackpilled or incel :blackpill:

My first school crush that treated me bad after others convinced her to hate me, last time i saw her i was 12, 2016. Nowadays she, a blonde white girl born on a white family is now dating, as jehovah witness (since her family is one), and she is dating a black oofy doofy; see? My dream was to be with her when i was 9, 10, 12, nowadays she turned out to be a mere 10/10 blonde and white girl who is dating a black oofy doofy her age, shows how unfortunate this and others events in my life are. Not even my fav animes helped to cope. I wish i were a jehovah witness to have a jehovah witness like her

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back