Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel Asbestos is so frickin' annoying!

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
OK so I'm buying a house made in the '70s mostly to rent out as a share.

Any house built or renovated between about 1920 and 1980 could have asbestos frickin' ANYWHERE in it!!

Ceilings, walls, coverings on various things... they loved the darn stuff throughout most of the 20th century before we all worked out it was dangerous!

Even houses built in the '80s and '90s might have it too.

Craaaaaaaazy!!

Probably there isn't too much in there and probably any that there is is locked up tight behind paint and other things and considered safe. The stuff is mega, mega common in houses everywhere.

But goodness I didn't know this was an issue!

On a related note, very significant health risks aside asbestos is an absolutely amazing material. Really strong and fire-proof and all this stuff. Honestly some of the old videos of what you could do with it were really impressive.

No wonder everyone loved it so much until the risks became known.

If anyone really wants a scary story about it I'd recommend looking up the Kent Micronite filter or even scarier is the ex-town "Wittenoom". An entire town wiped off the map by blue asbestos.

This is a crazy world we live in...

What does asbestos do?

I just want to fuck a hot girl in the ass

My childhood place had that.

Btw you buy houses? How rich are you?

@Zer0/∞

My childhood place had that.

Btw you buy houses? How rich are you?

@Zer0/∞

Oh it's inheritance money.

Just trying to make wise financial decisions!

... houses are a nightmare. lol

Oh it's inheritance money.

Inheritance? My mother is leaving me nothing but some pots and pans. God damn

Real estate can be very profitable if you do it right, altho older properties can have a lot of problems indeed. Good luck with your venture!

Good luck getting s hazardous waste crew to deal with it bro...

Ass-best-ohhs!

lol

Good luck getting s hazardous waste crew to deal with it bro...

Thankfully there's no need to do that. You just lock it up behind things like paint.

I think the most important thing is to be aware of it if you're doing building work.

Ultimately the only way to be sure there isn't any is to buy a house built after 2000 and that limits options so much.

I think it's best to just accept it's around and be wary of it.

The only time I'd need to get it professionally removed is if it was for some reason so damaged that it was impossible to maintain myself. Even then I could probably cover it up somehow.

lol

Thankfully there's no need to do that. You just lock it up behind things like paint.

I think the most important thing is to be aware of it if you're doing building work.

Ultimately the only way to be sure there isn't any is to buy a house built after 2000 and that limits options so much.

I think it's best to just accept it's around and be wary of it.

The only time I'd need to get it professionally removed is if it was for some reason so damaged that it was impossible to maintain myself. Even then I could probably cover it up somehow.
I knew a Jew that bought a ruined business via back taxes. The roof collapsed...

He was told in order to use the bldg he had to clean up the stuff @$50,000+USD.... He let it rot and stopped paying the taxes.. Lol.

Asbestos isn't as bad as normies make it out to be

yeah if you spent 20 years breathing in the dust, you'll get mesothelioma, but limited exposure won't kill you

the guys who take samples don't eve wear masks, they just wet it down

as long as you don't disturb it/create dust, it does no harm

Asbestos isn't as bad as normies make it out to be

yeah if you spent 20 years breathing in the dust, you'll get mesothelioma, but limited exposure won't kill you

the guys who take samples don't eve wear masks, they just wet it down

as long as you don't disturb it/create dust, it does no harm

Yeah that's true. Across the board it seems common and not serious unless you inhale a reasonable amount of it, generally speaking.

No amount is totally safe but that's also true for many other things including cigarettes, diesel fumes, even car journeys! lol

I was concerned about it getting into clothing recently but even the UK government says that if you just get a bit on clothes then wiping them with a wet cloth is adequate and you don't need to throw the clothes away.

I'll be cautious of course, but life is full of risk and it isn't even the only hazardous building material.