Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Do you know how to drive a car with a manual transmission?

• Thread starter Subhuman Niceguy
  • Start date

Do you know how to drive a car with a manual transmission?

• Yes, I know how to drive a car with a manual transmission.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • No, I do not know how to drive a car with a manual transmission.

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
Subhuman Niceguy

Subhuman Niceguy

Luminary
★★★★★
No, but I would like to try.

No, considering the practicality and ease of use with an automatic; most cars nowadays aren't manual anyways, in North America, and certainly won't be changing to such, so there's no real use for learning how to drive manual... :feelsjuice:

I guess a reason one could cite is fun, but I don't see it. :smonk:

Yes i know to drive manual gear cars

No, but I would like to try.
Agreed.

I admit, I don’t know how to drive a car with a manual transmission.

I want to learn, but I have no friends irl. Perhaps, I will rent a car with a manual transmission, and teach myself.

No, considering the practicality and ease of use with an automatic; most cars nowadays aren't manual anyways, in North America, and certainly won't be changing to such, so there's no real use for learning how to drive manual... :feelsjuice:

I guess a reason one could cite is fun, but I don't see it. :smonk:
It's actually better on gas if you know how to shift properly and more fun to drive.

Much more skill based compared to driving the drooler's automatic

No, but I know how to drive them in video games.

It's actually better on gas if you know how to shift properly
I thought that problem with automatics was reduced in more modern vehicles. :feelswhere:

I don't know how to drive at all but I were ever to learn it would be manual transmission since that's the only option

No only if u live in bongland where they love manuals for some reason

I do.

Don't have a long commute and I don't go into the city often to deal with traffic, so I am fine with driving stick. Might switch to a car with DCT if I ever move to a larger city.

Last edited:
Agreed.

I admit, I don’t know how to drive a car with a manual transmission.

I want to learn, but I have no friends irl. Perhaps, I will rent a car with a manual transmission, and teach myself.
Yeah just go on Turo or something like that and rent a car with a manual. Easier to find one there then any of the car rental agencies.

It's actually better on gas if you know how to shift properly and more fun to drive.

Much more skill based compared to driving the drooler's automatic
Eh in newer cars apparently it delivers better mpg than manuals. The fun part is very subjective tho.

I don't know how to drive an automatic

i only learned it to pass the drive test then forgot about it immediately
Maybe that is specific to your country, in the United States most people choose to take their test with a vehicle that has an automatic transmission.

No because I'm Am*rican sadly

cant drive, i wanna drive someday i really hate public transport

No because I'm Am*rican sadly
Same here.

We know about the Holocaust, gay marriage, we know about climate change - we can’t drive a car with a manual transmission.

No, I do not know how to drive a car with a manual transmission.

Yes because in Spain almost no one has an automatic car. I did all my lessons with a manual car and after passing my driving test the car I bought was manual, since every engine is a bit different the first time I stalled it but after like 20 minutes it was easy. I have a friend who drove an automatic car once and he says it's like driving a go kart kek.

Yes I learned how to drive Mañuel as a teenager. (A vw bug! On winter ice roads!

If you do it right, it offers full perfect control of the vehicle in a way that automatic can never give. Especially in winter, or on dangerous roads, or in traffic!