Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over Does anyone else here has serious issues with public speaking? This is how I "fixed" it

watcher

watcher

Life passing by as I watch
★★
I have severe glossophobia (fear of public speaking)

It used to be worse but it's still pretty severe. Even making presentations to 5~10 people make my heart race, my voice to crack, I lose my breathe, etc. After the presentations I always feel like a total jackass even if nobody criticized it, only by knowing how retarded I looked being so nervous in front of everybody. I have always been introverted and shy so you can guess how this fucked me up.

Anyway, I tried all the 'natural' shit like meditation/mindfulness, deep breaths, power poses and all the other dumb copes, none of it worked.

Then came a semester with a lot of presentations (once every 2 weeks) and knowing how much I hated it I looked up drugs online to fix it and I found this thing called 'betablockers' which block the adrenaline receptors, they are like these medications made for people who have heart problems. I started to take 10mg 1~2 hours before the presentations.

They can make you much calmer, its not a miracle, though, I can still feel the effects (especially if the pressure is higher) but they make things much easier. Also I always feel headache on the days I use them so I also have to take medications for that too.

yeah bro, when I had to present shit my heart would race, legs would shake, and i would start to sweat. I just looked at the clock in the back of the room the whole time like an autist
even though the bitch took of like 15 points for no eye contact, i didn't fail so fuck her
these beta-blockers sound like a good idea though for high inhibcels

no public speaking for your face

When i was younger. But i gained some confidence in high school

Then came a semester with a lot of presentations (once every 2 weeks) and knowing how much I hated it I looked up drugs online to fix it and I found this thing called 'betablockers' which block the adrenaline receptors, they are like these medications made for people who have heart problems. I started to take 10mg 1~2 hours before the presentations.
I'll try them, hopefully I don't die.

Youd be better off getting on anxiety medication for the moments you absolutely need it then heart medication. Im under no circumstance promoting (their) pills, but I think it would be healthier to take some Ativan or something.

I just imagine I'm someone other than myself, someone I actually admire.

I have severe glossophobia (fear of public speaking)

It used to be worse but it's still pretty severe. Even making presentations to 5~10 people make my heart race, my voice to crack, I lose my breathe, etc. After the presentations I always feel like a total jackass even if nobody criticized it, only by knowing how retarded I looked being so nervous in front of everybody. I have always been introverted and shy so you can guess how this fucked me up.

Anyway, I tried all the 'natural' shit like meditation/mindfulness, deep breaths, power poses and all the other dumb copes, none of it worked.

They can make you much calmer, its not a miracle, though, I can still feel the effects (especially if the pressure is higher) but they make things much easier. Also I always feel headache on the days I use them so I also have to take medications for that too.
Tbh I’m not trying to fuck up my hormones with that but presenting kills me man

tbh I can handle it pretty well. I don't know but it was never really a problem for me

I'm not taking any meds. Fuck that.
I'll keep my speaking problems. Thanks.

I fixed my fear of public speaking by taking a job closing an event where people shout at you all day but you don't have to care about customer service, just about getting them to leave
Best way to make yourself lower inhib imo

Last edited:
The only issue I see I would have is appearance. I'm not putting chemicals inside me that will probably fuck with my insides that might have side effects like all medication out there.
If it's between maybe getting other issues from taking those meds or sticking with the one I have that I have problems with public speaking, which I sure as fuck won't ever do no matter what school told me in the past as up to now I've never done that shit... not even in school, can keep their fucking medicine and go fuck themselves.

Unless it's a nice caring foid that's willing to give me a shot. Then they don't have to go fuck themselves. They can fuck me instead.

I'm not taking any meds. Fuck that.
I'll keep my speaking problems. Thanks.

I think I have a massive amygdala

It feels so fucking bad, like I am so afraid even though there is no real threat.

The only issue I see I would have is appearance. I'm not putting chemicals inside me that will probably fuck with my insides that might have side effects like all medication out there.
If it's between maybe getting other issues from taking those meds or sticking with the one I have that I have problems with public speaking, which I sure as fuck won't ever do no matter what school told me in the past as up to now I've never done that shit... not even in school, can keep their fucking medicine and go fuck themselves.

Unless it's a nice caring foid that's willing to give me a shot. Then they don't have to go fuck themselves. They can fuck me instead.

Medications are only a problem if you take them routinely, I only use this when public speaking, which is very few times an year.