Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

family disappointed in me when I said I want to drop out of college

azakhan

azakhan

OG failure
I am studying Computer Science right now but I am failing every single class so I decided to drop out, told my mother and she says I am stupid if I think that's a good idea
she called my grandma and grandpa and they are now calling me to not to do it but fuck htat shit I can';t even focus on playing video games right now how am I suppose to learn discrete math and programming?
stupid world
throws all the shit at you to maximize the pain

mogs me, i couldnt even afford to go to uni.

its 9k a year here plus travel /living.

thats not including the crippling debt you would endure.

Computer science is a degree on nightmare mode. Why did you pick it?

Chad is winning at this same exact time

idk if it's stupid, I am unable to learn in my current mental condition

it's free in my country fortunetely

lucky. you live in eu or something?

btw if you drop out youll probably end up a neet like me or working some shitty dead end job.

prob better just to endure your shit college experience if you want a better paying job.

then again the job market is completely fucked by corono

family wanted me to study it
I despise my pharmaceutics degree as much as you hate yours. However, think about your life in the next 5-10 years. A.I and robotics will be replacing numerous jobs. The future will be unrecognisable to those who were born in the 20th century. Where will you be? Seriously, contemplate this before making bad decisions.

lucky. you live in eu or something?

btw if you drop out youll probably end up a neet like me or working some shitty dead end job.

prob better just to endure your shit college experience if you want a better paying job.

then again the job market is completely fucked by corono
yes EU
I know I will end up in a dead end job but I am really too stupid to study CS, and if you work you at least have money to buy copes with
I despise my pharmaceutics degree as much as you hate yours. However, think about your life in the next 5-10 years. A.I and robotics will be replacing numerous jobs. The future will be unrecognisable to those who were born in the 20th century. Where will you be? Seriously, contemplate this before making bad decisions.
I know about this and I want to work in this business but I don't understand anything they talk about during lessons and I already failed all the exams

Last edited:
I am studying Computer Science right now but I am failing every single class so I decided to drop out, told my mother and she says I am stupid if I think that's a good idea
she called my grandma and grandpa and they are now calling me to not to do it but fuck htat shit I can';t even focus on playing video games right now how am I suppose to learn discrete math and programming?
stupid world
Drop out, take a job (delivery if you don't find anything) save most of your money and learn how to buy gold/silver get a loan for a house and pay it with the inflation gains from the gold/silver or even better move to Ireland or Switzerland/Australia/Singapour depending on how near you are from any of these countries.

Having a hard time finding the motivation to finish my schooling as well. Everything is harder as an incel.

stupid world
Also had to visit university because my parents wanted me to get a degree. Parents sometimes see their children as extensions of themselves and although they have good/noble intentions they often cause more harm than good. Now I am close to having a worthless degree that makes less money than a good training just because my parents wanted to say that their son has a degree. Especially the last sentence is extremely relatable.

I wish you well. It's hard and scary

Cope the world will end in 2 years or less

Blackpill your family, if you have not tried that already. This might help.

My parents did not care at all when I dropped out. Perhaps they are secretly blackpilled and know.

Cope the world will end in 2 years or less
What if at the end of that period god tells you that you can't serve both him and the blackpill and you have to decide between which you'll believe?

If your family is anything like mine, they're quick to share in your successes and criticize your failures, but never there when you need help and support.

I did a similar program to you, and I honestly barely made it out alive. By the end, I was half-assing all my assignments the night before, because I didn't have the motivation to do anything properly besides drink all day. My procrastination got so bad, I'd create presentation slides the morning of said presentation. It usually did not go well.

quit cucking for your family

can you take a semester or a year off (possibly get mental health help, this could help you and help your family accept taking a semester/year off), and try to have a more in depth conversation with your family. Try as much as you can to understand their prospective and try to explain to them your prospective as well as you could.
Also consider changing your major if there are other majors you are more comfortable with. Don't call yourself stupid over it, I have done very well in high school and gotten into medicine through the competitive track in my country, but I got into a mental rut during the second year and I failed most my classes, but it wasn't from being stupid but rather the lack of motivation and lack of trying and I think that's true to you too.
Also be open to other suggestions from your family and be realistic. What will happen if you drop out in the long term? Is it a good thing for you or not. We tend to overvalue the short term and not acknowledge the long term effects of things we do.
Can you possibly register less classes? A number of classes that you can handle right now.

jfl imagine taking college seriously

you don't need to put effort on this, just enough to get by and get the damn paper at the end.

can you take a semester or a year off (possibly get mental health help, this could help you and help your family accept taking a semester/year off)
this tbh

I can’t do college, I didn’t go

stupid world
computer science is a good major, you are going to regret this. Force yourself to focus for 4 years.

stupid world
Can relate, Im failing my classes too, I'd tell my parents but they're probably still holding out hope that University will make me NT and Moneymaxxed so that they can get rid of me. The last time I slept was Wednesday I've been up since then taking periodic naps, because for some reason all of my assignments were due on Friday and I can't afford to have my scores drop any lower

first of all, based for dropping out. Wish I could afford that, 2nd of all all jobs suck dick anyway just neet and be a parasite tbh

Also had to visit university because my parents wanted me to get a degree. Parents sometimes see their children as extensions of themselves and although they have good/noble intentions they often cause more harm than good. Now I am close to having a worthless degree that makes less money than a good training just because my parents wanted to say that their son has a degree. Especially the last sentence is extremely relatable.
Same. My parents pushed it onto me and the post-corona job market is horrible right now. I know STEM degree alumnus struggling to find work and settling for dead-end jobs/jobs that have nothing to do with the original degree they got lol. I couldn't even secure an internship with a company doing what I want ( I thought maybe if I interned at a certain company they'd offer me an actual job after graduation). That only happens in dreams though. I'm probably going to try to get on neetbucks if I can, or last resort, try to work from home online until I can make enough to sustain myself alone, might do odd jobs too. Parents keep telling me dead end jobs/self employment don't work if you're going to have a family. (They still think I'm going to find a partner and have children JFL). If I'm by myself all I have to worry about is living expenses for me, myself, and I :feelsthink: