Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Feeling weird lately

Sleepycell

Sleepycell

Captain
★★
I really don't know how to explain this feeling I've been experiencing lately. The best way I could describe it is sort of like a detached feeling like I'm not even there, just simply viewing things. The best way I could describe it is like watching a YouTube video or any type of media its like im seeing things from the outside perspective. That's how I feel all the time recently. Does anybody know what I'm experiencing?

Last edited:
I really don't know how to explain this feeling I've been experiencing lately. The best way I could describe it is sort of like a detached feeling like I'm not even there, just simply viewing things. The best way I could describe it is like watching a YouTube video. That's how I feel all the time. Does anybody know what I'm experiencing?
Time stands still while your aging

I really don't know how to explain this feeling I've been experiencing lately. The best way I could describe it is sort of like a detached feeling like I'm not even there, just simply viewing things. The best way I could describe it is like watching a YouTube video or any type of media its like im seeing things from the outside perspective. That's how I feel all the time recently. Does anybody know what I'm experiencing?
Dissociation

Schizophrenia

Sounds like derealization or depersonalization, I experience it from time to time when I'm stressed. It's a coping mechanism for when the brain is overwhelmed with emotions/stress.

From mayoclinic:

Depersonalization symptoms​

Symptoms of depersonalization include:

• Feelings that you're an outside observer of your thoughts, feelings, your body or parts of your body — for example, as if you were floating in air above yourself
  • Feeling like a robot or that you're not in control of your speech or movements
  • The sense that your body, legs or arms appear distorted, enlarged or shrunken, or that your head is wrapped in cotton
  • Emotional or physical numbness of your senses or responses to the world around you
  • A sense that your memories lack emotion, and that they may or may not be your own memories

Derealization symptoms​

Symptoms of derealization include:

• Feelings of being alienated from or unfamiliar with your surroundings — for example, like you're living in a movie or a dream
  • Feeling emotionally disconnected from people you care about, as if you were separated by a glass wall
  • Surroundings that appear distorted, blurry, colorless, two-dimensional or artificial, or a heightened awareness and clarity of your surroundings
  • Distortions in perception of time, such as recent events feeling like distant past
  • Distortions of distance and the size and shape of objects

I've felt like that when smoking weed