[LifeFuel] First time makin Chicken

JohnDoe

JohnDoe

MaskedCel
24d 17h 12m
Looks good so far. Making me more hungry then I was to begin with

16029794888248514647450785090960.jpg

What do you guys recommend to go with chicken (side dish)

curryZoomercoomer

curryZoomercoomer

penislossus enthusiast ^___^
★★★★★
45d 17h 10m
Chickens me

your personality

your personality

Luminary
★★★★★
47d 6h 38m
Amphetaminecel

Amphetaminecel

Officer
★★★★
18d 13h 29m
Quinoa and avocado

BummerDrummer

BummerDrummer

Bummer Drummer#8658 Check out my YT •́ε•̀٥
★★★★★
138d 23h 59m
Penislossus with the chicken

Vintage Aesthetic

Vintage Aesthetic

Gymcel Paki
-
1d 15h 34m
I hope you're using a lid. It will cook faster and you wont get oil splatter everywhere.
I usually eat sweet potato with chicken cos tryna make gains

waste matter

waste matter

The CHOsen One
★★★★★
14d 16h 34m
did you enjoy it?

ThoughtfulCel

ThoughtfulCel

G.O.R.I.L.L.A _M.A.X.I.N.G
★★★★★
174d 17h 47m
Usually I have some crushed berries juice and leaves with my human meat. But thats just me

nazianime

nazianime

Don't touch my virginity!
★★★★
131d 21h 30m
That is a strange way to make chicken, usually it is fried or boiled or baked or flame broiled. Just cook it thoroughly.

JohnDoe

JohnDoe

MaskedCel
24d 17h 12m
That is a strange way to make chicken, usually it is fried or boiled or baked or flame broiled. Just cook it thoroughly.
Not sure if I did. I'll post another thread if I end up with salmonella

kampman

kampman

Irrelevant
60d 3h 6m
You mog me in cooking skills.

InMyCellInHell

InMyCellInHell

Waffles! Where's my waffles?
★★
12d 1m
Implying I can cook. Almost gave myself salmonella tbh
Yeah I was gonna ask if it's undercooked or not. If I tried to cook most meats, I'd probably give myself food poisoning.

pp183

pp183

mentally crippled by lonely teen years
★★★★★
189d 20h 16m
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

MaskedCel
24d 17h 12m
Yeah I was gonna ask if it's undercooked or not. If I tried to cook most meats, I'd probably give myself food poisoning.
I didn't end up getting sick but the juice was still red and it looked and tasted under cooked

Emba

Emba

mostly harmless
★★★★★
74d 3h 41m
I barely remember the first chicken i killed and butchered. It was so long ago...

I do remember it was too tough and stringy.

Best way for "yardbirds" is a pressure cooker or canned. Overnight crockpot or woodstove cooking works ok too.

Then you can fry/ dry the precooked leftovers...

Mecoja

Mecoja

fuck society
★★
29d 22h 32m
I didn't end up getting sick but the juice was still red and it looked and tasted under cooked
When you fry chicken drumsticks put a lot more oil or it will burn outside while raw inside. Its better and easier to bake it in the oven, also you could add potato in the same time.

JohnDoe

JohnDoe

MaskedCel
24d 17h 12m
When you fry chicken drumsticks put a lot more oil or it will burn outside while raw inside. Its better and easier to bake it in the oven, also you could add potato in the same time.
Thanks for the tip

BraincelsRefugee

BraincelsRefugee

eat, sleep, wagecuck, ldar
★★★★
33d 5h 48m
Looks good but I would use more oil and seasoning. Maybe coat it in Panko as well.

You should try making a dip with some plain whole yogurt, lemon, salt and pepper.

JohnDoe

JohnDoe

MaskedCel
24d 17h 12m
Looks good but I would use more oil and seasoning. Maybe coat it in Panko as well.

You should try making a dip with some plain whole yogurt, lemon, salt and pepper.
For the yogurt dip. How much lemon, salt and pepper?

your personality

your personality

Luminary
★★★★★
47d 6h 38m
Looks good so far. Making me more hungry then I was to begin with

View attachment 356932
That's a real large portion size for the chicken to eat in one meal tbh
Imo it's like the quantity eaten at a thanksgiving buffet instead of a regular dinner.

JohnDoe

JohnDoe

MaskedCel
24d 17h 12m
That's a real large portion size for the chicken to eat in one meal tbh
Imo it's like the quantity eaten at a thanksgiving buffet instead of a regular dinner.
I just cooked a whole package end put leftovers in a container. Probably gonna re-cook before eating though

Hail The Bloatlord

Hail The Bloatlord

What joy we had in the locust summer
★★★
79d 1h 25m
stir fried bellpeppers and a lid

your personality

your personality

Luminary
★★★★★
47d 6h 38m
I just cooked a whole package end put leftovers in a container. Probably gonna re-cook before eating though
Re-cooking leftovers after they've already been cooked doesn't seem like a good idea tbh
It might ruin the flavor and texture if you re-cook the meat again.

Probably would have been good to just store the chicken breasts you weren't going to eat in the freezer or refrigerator and only cook the portion of chicken breasts you were going to eat.
I haven't heard good things about re-cooking food.
Even re-heating food isn't something you should do too often imo.

JohnDoe

JohnDoe

MaskedCel
24d 17h 12m
Re-cooking leftovers after they've already been cooked doesn't seem like a good idea tbh
It might ruin the flavor and texture if you re-cook the meat again.

Probably would have been good to just store the chicken breasts you weren't going to eat in the freezer or refrigerator and only cook the portion of chicken breasts you were going to eat.
I haven't heard good things about re-cooking food.
Even re-heating food isn't something you should do too often imo.
Well the inside still looks and tastes kinda raw so I don't see why I shouldn't. I'll probably do it on a low heat until it looks better

Diocel

Diocel

A soup for one please
★★★★★
131d 9h 37m
Firs time in your life?

Diocel

Diocel

A soup for one please
★★★★★
131d 9h 37m
turbocuckcel_7000

turbocuckcel_7000

tfu on ugly femorloids
★★★★★
85d 14h 27m
you can use a big plate if you don't have a lid, just make sure you don't immediately douse it with cold water or it will break

BraincelsRefugee

BraincelsRefugee

eat, sleep, wagecuck, ldar
★★★★
33d 5h 48m
For the yogurt dip. How much lemon, salt and pepper?
for 1p0 mL yogurt I'd put a quarter lemon, a pinch of salt and 1 tsp of pepper

type of yogurt matters though, this tastes much better with something full-fat

PPEcel

PPEcel

The most incel member of chads.co
★★★★★
93d 22h 47m
You could try creamed spinach, or a cauliflower gratin, or french fries, or roast potatoes, or honey glazed carrots

Mr Joyboy

Mr Joyboy

I'm beyond emotions...
★★
18d 7h 41m
Remember to stop cooking it when it's a healthy pink colour inside. More tasty that way.

your personality

your personality

Luminary
★★★★★
47d 6h 38m
Well the inside still looks and tastes kinda raw so I don't see why I shouldn't. I'll probably do it on a low heat until it looks better
Imo a reason you shouldn't re-cook chicken too much is because while it destroys germs it also destroys nutrients in the meat.
It's a tradeoff of sorts tbh similar to how a well-done steak is safer to eat than a medium-rare steak but a medium-rare steak has more flavor and doesn't taste overcooked.

JohnDoe

JohnDoe

MaskedCel
24d 17h 12m
Imo a reason you shouldn't re-cook chicken too much is because while it destroys germs it also destroys nutrients in the meat.
It's a tradeoff of sorts tbh similar to how a well-done steak is safer to eat than a medium-rare steak but a medium-rare steak has more flavor and doesn't taste overcooked.
I like medium rare stake tbh

your personality

your personality

Luminary
★★★★★
47d 6h 38m
I like medium rare stake tbh
Same but if you are ordering it from some restaurant, depending on which place cooks it you can't be sure it will be that safe to eat and you're better off with the steak being prepared more to the well done side.

JohnDoe

JohnDoe

MaskedCel
24d 17h 12m
Same but if you are ordering it from some restaurant, depending on which place cooks it you can't be sure it will be that safe to eat and you're better off with the steak being prepared more to the well done side.
I like to bbq my steak tbh. It's easy to do, I can make it to my liking and I can see what's being done to it so I know nothing sketchy is going on

CrackingYs

CrackingYs

Captain
★★★★★
66d 8h 9m
Mashed potatoes and some other vegetable like broccoli or carrots are probably the best side dish for that. "Like mom used to make".

your personality

your personality

Luminary
★★★★★
47d 6h 38m
I like to bbq my steak tbh. It's easy to do, I can make it to my liking and I can see what's being done to it so I know nothing sketchy is going on
If you bbq your steak then there's no harm in cooking it less so that it's prepared medium rare imo.
Cooking for yourself is good but sometimes you just don't have the time and energy to do it so it's just more convenient to order steak from some steakhouse restaurant.

Plus grilling is best done during period when it isn't cold and windy outside which in many areas isn't year round unless you live in near the equator.

JohnDoe

JohnDoe

MaskedCel
24d 17h 12m
It's a tradeoff
16031483088907841562559421543366.jpg

This is what the chicken looks like after 2nd cook

your personality

your personality

Luminary
★★★★★
47d 6h 38m
View attachment 358075
This is what the chicken looks like after 2nd cook
Cooked chicken doesn't look as good imo as other cooked meats like turkey, beef so I can't really tell except the insides of the chicken still look pretty pink and remind me of the undercooked chicken with white/yellow/pink innards they serve from those cheap catering companies, no offense.

What's the orange stuff to the left of the chicken?
Sauce or dip of some kind is a must to eat large quantities of chicken without getting exhausted from the bland taste ngl

JohnDoe

JohnDoe

MaskedCel
24d 17h 12m
Cooked chicken doesn't look as good imo as other cooked meats like turkey, beef so I can't really tell except the insides of the chicken still look pretty pink and remind me of the undercooked chicken with white/yellow/pink innards they serve from those cheap catering companies, no offense.

What's the orange stuff to the left of the chicken?
Sauce or dip of some kind is a must to eat large quantities of chicken without getting exhausted from the bland taste ngl
Bell peppers

your personality

your personality

Luminary
★★★★★
47d 6h 38m
Bell peppers
I see.
I'm not used to see orange bell peppers ngl
It's like they mostly sell green or red bell peppers these days but maybe that's just some stores.

Imo chicken wings you order from a restaurant usually taste better than homemade. Homemade chicken wings have too much of a baked or overcooked flavor imo.

H

HeitorVillaLobos

Recruit
9h 28m
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rope2cope [Blackpill] Got some chicken tendies and fries from a takeout place yesterday... The Lounge 1
waste matter [Cope] Chicken vs Pizza The Lounge 14