Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Has anyone here ever been homeless?

TheDarkEnigma

TheDarkEnigma

St. JackieArklövcel
★★★★★
How did you survived?
How did you deal with things like food, money, winter, finding some place to take a shit, personal protection, etc?

never but half day i was outside home seeking mental help when after nearly killing itself with my father, my parents threw me out home, and even before another time i was threw out home after huge argument ( again with knives ) with my parents but i slept in home of my friend

that was dark time with slowly appearing schizophrenia and without medicine

never but half day i was outside home seeking mental help when after nearly killing itself with my father, my parents threw me out home, and even before another time i was threw out home after huge argument ( again with knives ) with my parents but i slept in home of my friend

that was dark time with slowly appearing schizophrenia and without medicine
Did you eventually found a more permanent place of your own?

Did you eventually found a more permanent place of your own?
no i still live in my parents, my situation isn't easy but i take medicine and don't have much conflict with them

no i still live in my parents, my situation isn't easy but i take medicine and don't have much conflict with them
How did you got back with parents.

JFL, I plan to run away.

Yes, for many, many years.

How did I survive? By travelling around and wandering aimlessly as a sort of modern nomad.

Food? Snap cards, churches, food pantries, hunting, or fishing. [Sometimes stealing but very rarely] Sometimes I would steal vegetables or fruits outside of people's gardens.

Money? Virtually non-existent most of the time, on the street bartering is the name of the game. I of course would take up odd jobs here and there if I needed money bad enough, they would always be temporary or seasonal.

Winter? Homeless shelter, under a bridge with a burning metal can, sewer aqueduct system, or abandoned buildings. Sometimes in the middle of the woods with a camp fire going assuming you can find some dry unfrozen wood to burn.

Pissing and shitting? Anywhere when nobody else is present, leaves become your toilet paper or an old rag.

Personal protection? Metal pipe as a club, and then I use to walk around the city with a bag of sand that had glass shards in it just in case I feel threatened, thankfully I never had to use it. [For blinding purposes.}

Last edited:
Yes, for many, many years.

How did I survive? By travelling around and wandering aimlessly as a sort of modern nomad.

Food? Snap cards, churches, food pantries, hunting, or fishing. [Sometimes stealing but very rarely] Sometimes I would steal vegetables or fruits outside of people's gardens.

Money? Virtually non-existent most of the time, on the street bartering is the name of the game. I of course would take up odd jobs here and there if I needed money bad enough.

Winter? Homeless shelter, under a bridge with a burning metal can, sewer aqueduct system, or abandoned buildings. Sometimes in the middle of the woods with a camp fire going assuming you can find some dry unfrozen wood to burn.

Pissing and shitting? Anywhere when nobody is present, leaves become your toilet paper or an old rag.

Personal protection? Metal pipe as a club, and then I use to walk around the city with a bag of sand that had glass shards in them just in case I feel threatened, thankfully I never had to use it.
What city are you from if you don't mind telling. You always wandered in the same town or have you travelled from place to place?

Where would you sleep and what kind of jobs would you usually take?

And is dumpster diving a good option for food or finding stuff to sell?

Also, I know it was tough but do you also see the experience and fun or liberating?

What city are you from if you don't mind telling. You always wandered in the same town or have you travelled from place to place?

Where would you sleep and what kind of jobs would you usually take?

And is dumpster diving a good option for food or finding stuff to sell?
I travelled through numerous towns, cities, states, and municipalities, always place to place.

You sleep wherever you can, so many homeless people and if the homeless shelter is full you're shit out of luck turned away, or, if you're in a very rural area the nearest homeless shelter is a hundred miles away, meaning you're sleeping outside unless you can find an abandoned building to crash into.

Jobs? Usually any kind of bullshit job that nobody else wants to do where they'll even hire a homeless person to do. Just think of miserable bullshit jobs and you'll have your answer.

For food? No, good way to get sick actually. For shit to sell for cash? Absolutely.

I travelled through numerous towns, cities, states, and municipalities, always place to place.

You sleep wherever you can, so many homeless people and if the homeless shelter is full you're shit out of luck turned away, or, if you're in a very rural area the nearest homeless shelter is a hundred miles away, meaning you're sleeping outside unless you can find an abandoned building to crash into.

Jobs? Usually any kind of bullshit job that nobody else wants to do where they'll even hire a homeless person to do. Just think of miserable bullshit jobs and you'll have your answer.

For food? No, good way to get sick actually. For shit to sell for cash? Absolutely.
You're in the East Coast?

And where would you find people or places to sell stuff?

You're in the East Coast?

And where would you find people or places to sell stuff?
Pawn shops, other homeless people, drug addicts, or street thugs.

I will not say where I am for privacy purposes.

Pawn shops, other homeless people, drug addicts, or street thugs.

I will not say where I am for privacy purposes.
What would you usually sell to these people, especially the street thugs?

What would you usually sell to these people, especially the street thugs?
Copper wiring, you take a small percentage for finding it, and they get the rest for taking the risk of selling it to buyers, shit like that.

Copper wiring.
Where would you usually find scrap metal and other things to resell and recycle?

Also, on shitting and pissing, would you try to find public restrooms, or if out in the open would you try to find a place with dirt to dig a cathole, or just somewhere hidden in the street? Did you had to go at night?

Where would you usually find scrap metal and other things to resell and recycle?

Also, on shitting and pissing, would you try to find public restrooms, or if out in the open would you try to find a place with dirt to dig a cathole, or just somewhere hidden in the street? Did you had to go at night?
Everywhere, you be amazed what people throw out all the time, the trick of being a dumpster diver is not getting caught, not an easy thing to do especially in our mass surveillance era. Sure, if public bathrooms are nearby always the better choice, but then you have those annoying shopkeepers that tell you that you're not allowed to drop a duce in their bathrooms. So at night time when nobody is around you take a giant shit on the windshield of their car where afterwards walking away you smile and gloat about it later on.

It's all about knowing where other people are, pissing in secluded alley ways or shitting in concealed bushes, bring a newspaper with you if you like. [laughs]

Last edited:
Everywhere, you be amazed what people throw out all the time, the trick of being a dumpster diver is not getting caught, not an easy thing to do especially in our mass surveillance era.
What type of shit have you found? Have you even found old video game consoles that still work?

And have you ever been caught doing so?
Sure, if public bathrooms are nearby always the better choice, but then you have those annoying shop keepers that tell you that you're not allowed to drop a duce in their bathrooms. So at night time when nobody is around you take a giant shit on the windshield of their car where afterwards walking away you smile and gloat about it later on.

It's all about knowing where other people are, pissing in secluded alley ways or shitting in concealed bushes, bring a newspaper with you if you like. [laughs]
Did you usually dig a cathole or no?

Also, where would you shower or do laundry or wash your hands afterwards? I know there are a few places where you can get free hand sanitizer.

What type of shit have you found? Have you even found old video game consoles that still work?

And have you ever been caught doing so?

Did you usually dig a cathole or no?

Also, where would you shower or do laundry or wash your hands afterwards? I know there are a few places where you can get free hand sanitizer.
Nothing that glamorous, although I remember finding a nice kitchen set of utensils once made out of silver some idiot threw away, that was a nice find for the entire month. Me caught? No, but I came close numerous times, sometimes too close. Then there are the guard dogs you have to worry about, things like being mauled to death, very unpleasant.

A cathole? I don't even know what that is. [laughs]

Showering? Shelters or churches. Otherwise it is rain and a bar of soap with some shampoo, cold freezing showers of rain.

Laundry? Shelters or churches if you're lucky, otherwise you're wearing the same clothes for months on end, yes, you begin to reek very badly overtime.

Wash my hands? I never really worried about that all that much, I would go around with dirt on my hands and arms basically not giving much of a fuck.

Hand sanitizer? [Laughs] Never even crossed my mind.

How did you survived?
How did you deal with things like food, money, winter, finding some place to take a shit, personal protection, etc?
Yes but only for a short bit and it wasnt a big deal was just sleeping in some homeless hostel and didnt really do much just chilled for a bit. It was more by choice since I had a home to go back to if I really needed to but didnt want to live with my family again.

You never raise money for drugs? I knew this homeless man in Oregon that all the money he managed to get was for alcohol and drugs because it was the only thing that helped him cope. I got all the food from churches and places like that.
You know, I was one of the few homeless guys who neither did drugs and alcohol, my reasons for being homeless was having no money or family members.
[Reasons purely economical]

Of course given my appearances people would always assume I was a drug addict and alcoholic even though I did neither. False stereotypes, lots of those living on the streets.

Last edited:
Nothing that glamorous, although I remember finding a nice kitchen set of utensils once made out of silver some idiot threw away, that was a nice find for the entire month. Me caught? No, but I came close numerous times, sometimes too close. Then there are the guard dogs you have to worry about, things like being mauled to death, very unpleasant.

A cathole? I don't even know what that is. [laughs]

Showering? Shelters or churches. Otherwise it is rain and a bar of soap with some shampoo, cold freezing showers of rain.

Laundry? Shelters or churches if you're lucky, otherwise you're wearing the same clothes for months on end, yes, you begin to reek very badly overtime.

Wash my hands? I never really worried about that all that much, I would go around with dirt on my hands and arms basically not giving much of a fuck.

Hand sanitizer? [Laughs] Never even crossed my mind.
A cathole is basically a hole you dig in the ground to take a dump in. Hikers and campers do it when they go out into the woods with no available toilet. Dig a hole 6 to 8 inches deep away from water or camps, and then cover it up so that people won't see.

Also, have you ever been in a fight or other bad confrontation in the street? How would you keep your money and other stuff safe so that other people won’t rob you?

As for food pantries, where would you find them?
Yes but only for a short bit and it wasnt a big deal was just sleeping in some homeless hostel and didnt really do much just chilled for a bit. It was more by choice since I had a home to go back to if I really needed to but didnt want to live with my family again.
Was the hotel like a shelter? How long did you spend outside?

A cathole is basically a hole you dig in the ground to take a dump in. Hikers and campers do it when they go out into the woods with no available toilet. Dig a hole 6 to 8 inches deep away from water or camps, and then cover it up so that people won't see.

Also, have you ever been in a fight or other bad confrontation in the street? How would you keep your money and other stuff safe so that other people won’t rob you?

As for food pantries, where would you find them?

Was the hotel like a shelter? How long did you spend outside?
When you are homeless as long as I was having proper etiquette of taking a shit is the last thing on your mind, so no I didn't dig any catholes, it wasn't like I was trying to be your friendly homeless good Samaritan covering up my shit in a hole in the ground like some silly little tourist camper, I would take a shit wherever I could where I like to think daisies grew out of my mounds of shit that I left everywhere as good soil fertilizer or maybe some annoying teenage girl stepped into it on her morning commute, even more gratifying.

Numerous times, had a shotgun pulled on me trying to steal my stuff, knew a guy murdered by a bunch of thieving bastards where later they dumped his body into a river, knew a guy who mentally lost it to which he went on a rampage knifing people to death before the police caught up with him, and then of course there were these loan sharks after this one guy with baseball bats and pistols, damn near broke the guy's skull right open bleeding out. Can be very dangerous and tough living on the streets.

Food pantries? Public library, computer, and Google.

Homeless shelters are almost like jails, the only difference is that you can leave them anytime. I spent a majority of my time outside than inside if that's what you mean.

Last edited:
When you are homeless as long as I was having proper etiquette of taking a shit is the last thing on your mind, so no I didn't dig any catholes, it wasn't like I was trying to be your friendly homeless good Samaritan covering up my shit in a hole in the ground like some silly little tourist camper, I would take a shit wherever I could where I like to think daisies grew out of my mounds of shit that I left everywhere as good soil fertilizer or maybe some annoying teenage girl stepped into it on her morning commute, even more gratifying.
I'm just conscious about where I take a shit. I don't want to be spreading poop and diseases everywhere.
Numerous times, had a shotgun pulled on me trying to steal my stuff, knew a guy murdered by a bunch of thieving bastards where later they dumped his body into a river, knew a guy who mentally lost it to which he went on a rampage knifing people to death before the police caught up with him, and then of course there were these loan sharks after this one guy with baseball bats and pistols, damn near broke the guy's skull right open. Can be very dangerous and tough living on the streets.
What do you do in those situations? Why would they want something from you if you were homeless?

Even if you mind your own business as much as possible and don’t do deals or business with other people, is it inevitable that someone will try to harm you?
Food pantries? Public library, computer, and Google.
Was about to ask what you did in public libraries, and how would you get access to one or use a library card.
Homeless shelters are almost like jails, the only difference is that you can leave them anytime. I spent a majority of my time outside than inside if that's what you mean.
Are fights common? And do they serve food and have bathrooms?

I'm just conscious about where I take a shit. I don't want to be spreading poop and diseases everywhere.

What do you do in those situations? Why would they want something from you if you were homeless?

Even if you mind your own business as much as possible and don’t do deals or business with other people, is it inevitable that someone will try to harm you?

Was about to ask what you did in public libraries, and how would you get access to one or use a library card.

Are fights common? And do they serve food and have bathrooms?
Spreading diseases? Technically breathing smog air in most urban cities is cancerous, but whatever.

It's the old addage in this world, people want your shit and if they think you're weak or vulnerable they will try to acquire it.

It doesn't matter if you're minding your own business, if you look like a target predators will come for you.

As for libraries, hope you have an up to date driver's license and if not you go to a social services building where they'll issue you a free state I.D. to which you will have to wait four to five weeks to pick up at a Post Office forwarding address.

Yes, fights are very common, if you can make friends or allies on the street always good to do so, otherwise, the trick is to be more menacing than the violent assholes. Yes, homeless shelters serve food and have bathrooms if you like standing in lines of fifty something people waiting.

Spreading diseases? Technically breathing smog air in most urban cities is cancerous, but whatever.

It's the old addage in this world, people want your shit and if they think you're weak or vulnerable they will try to acquire it.

It doesn't matter if you're minding your own business, if you look like a target predators will come for you.

As for libraries hope you have an up to date license and if not you go to a social services building where they'll issue you a free state I.D. to which you will have to wait four to five weeks to pick up at a Post Office forwarding address.

Yes, fights are very common, if you can make friends or allies on the street always good to do so, otherwise, the trick is to be more menacing than the violent assholes. Yes, homeless shelters serve food and have bathrooms if you like standing in lines of fifty something people waiting.
What type of stuff would they even steal from me? Even if I had an old Game Boy with a Pokemon game, would they still beat me up just to take it from me? What if I have no money but some clothes and a makeshift shanty hut?

And avoiding people is unavoidable?

What type of stuff would they even steal from me? Even if I had an old Game Boy with a Pokemon game, would they still beat me up just to take it from me? What if I have no money but some clothes and a makeshift shanty hut?

And avoiding people is unavoidable?
You can get thirty dollars for a game boy and games at a pawnshop, so yes.

Oh you know, sometimes they want your pack of cigarettes and lighters, sometimes they just want the boots off your feet, and sometimes they like that coat you're wearing because they don't have one for themselves during winter.

You can always go to the wilderness nobody bothers you there, but then you have to worry about wolves, snakes, alligators,
scorpions, bears, and mountain lions. But if you know what you're doing honestly I find their company preferable to other human beings. Old dilapidated and abandoned cemeteries are nice too, forgot that one.

Last edited:
You can get thirty dollars for a game boy and games at a pawnshop, so yes.

Oh you know, sometimes they want your pack of cigarettes and lighters, sometimes they just want the boots off your feet, and sometimes they like that coat you're wearing because they don't have one for themselves during winter.

You can always go to the wilderness nobody bothers you there, but then you have to worry about wolves, snakes, alligators, bears, and mountain lions. But if you know what you're doing honestly I find their company preferable to other human beings.
Even if you just found the working Game Boy in some landfill or bought it yourself?

Would they even fight over something that you made or that is rightfully yours? Like food, maybe makeshift tools?

Can you even be killed in those situations?

Even if you just found the working Game Boy in some landfill or bought it yourself?

Would they even fight over something that you made or that is rightfully yours? Like food, maybe makeshift tools?

Can you even be killed in those situations?
Not killed usually, but beaten to a pulp half alive being more common.

Like I said, if a group of shady individuals want something from you and they see opportunity, well...

Not killed usually, but beaten to a pulp half alive being more common.

Like I said, if a group of shady individuals want something from you and they see opportunity, well...
And it can be for anything and mundane? Would they even beat you just for no reason?

And it can be for anything and mundane? Would they even beat you just for no reason?
Plenty of crazies out there, if the voice of God in their heads tells them to bum rush you or maybe they're just high on meth from the night before they will.

Plenty of crazies out there, if the voice of God in their heads tells them to bum rush you or maybe they're just high on meth they will.
What happens if they try to steal from you but you refuse or fight back? Maybe find a way to lock your stuff up?

Do they just come up to you or is there away to ignore them or avoid a confrontation?

What happens if they try to steal from you but you refuse or fight back? Maybe find a way to lock your stuff up?

Do they just come up to you or is there away to ignore them or avoid a confrontation?
If you're lucky you have a place to store your stuff otherwise you're living out of your backpack dragging it around with you everywhere.

Avoid confrontation? Know where the violent neighborhoods are and avoid them I guess, doesn't hurt to be in a crowded public area either. But nonetheless, you'll run into clever minded devious savages eventually, if you know how to fight and defend yourself, sure. If you don't know how to fight however you better have an exit strategy or safe place to be at. Best I can help you out there boyo. Sounds like you're on the verge of being homeless currently, right? Well, I hope this has been an enlightening thread for you.

If you're lucky you have a place to store your stuff otherwise you're living out of your backpack dragging it around with you everywhere.

Avoid confrontation? Know where the violent neighborhoods are and avoid them I guess, doesn't hurt to be in a crowded public area either. But nonetheless, you'll run into clever minded devious savages eventually, if you know how to fight and defend yourself, sure. If you don't know how to fight however you better have an exit strategy or safe place to be at. Best I can help you out there boyo. Sounds like you're on the verge of being homeless currently, right? Well, I hope this has been an enlightening thread for you.
How common are fights when you’re homeless? And when they steal is it usually stuff to sell or use for themselves? And would they even steal from you just for the shits of it even if what you have isn’t sellable or of value?

How common are fights when you’re homeless? And when they steal is it usually stuff to sell or use for themselves? And would they even steal from you just for the shits of it even if what you have isn’t sellable or of value?
Very common. For the rest of your post, yes on all accounts.

It's a virtual concrete jungle out there, you'll learn to be on your toes at all times and come to understand the true meaning of trust nobody.

Very common. For the rest of your post, yes on all accounts.
Would they steal from you because they're jealous or even just to be an ass or provoke you? Even for the smallest or worthless things?

Also, yes.
Ever happened to you or know someone who has?

Also, tell me more about the loanshark situation. Did they guy that got beaten up actually owed money or was it just a random attack?

Would they steal from you because they're jealous or even just to be an ass or provoke you? Even for the smallest or worthless things?
More advice, if a meth head could knock out the gold teeth fillings in your mouth for drug money they would. Beware of tweakers.

Is this an interview?

More advice, if a meth head could knock out the gold teeth fillings in your mouth for drug money they would. Beware of tweakers.
I don't have any gold fillings. Can be knocked down if you don’t have anything of value. (or would you?)

Ever happened to you or know someone who has?

Also, tell me more about the loanshark situation. Did they guy that got beaten up actually owed money or was it just a random attack?
He owed money, about $500.00 I recall, a little bit of money is a lot on the street. Somebody might try to steal twenty dollars out of your pocket.

I was very cautious, well, except for that whole shotgun being pulled on me but thankfully I had all my stuff stored away that night, they didn't get much.
Is this an interview?
It seems like such.

He owed money, about $500.00 I recall, a little bit of money is a lot on the street. Somebody might try to steal twenty dollars out of your pocket.
Was it stolen or did he borrowed it for drugs or something? Did you knew that guy for a while?

Would they even fight you over a dollar or a nickel?
I was very cautious, well, except for that whole shotgun being pulled on me but thankfully I had all my stuff stored away that night, they didn't get much.

It seems like such.
Yeah, what was the full reason for that incident and how did you got out of that? Was the gun actually loaded and was he about to kill you if you didn't comply?

Was it stolen or did he borrowed it for drugs or something? Did you knew that guy for a while?

Would they even fight you over a dollar or a nickel?

Yeah, what was the full reason for that incident and how did you got out of that? Was the gun actually loaded and was he about to kill you if you didn't comply?
Borrowed, but never payed back. Acquaintance, being on the street is like prison, you don't have friends, you just have a lot of acquaintances, people that want something from you, or well connected homeless neets always looking to trade stuff.

All kinds of people out there, maybe a crazy wants your dollar for some chewing gum, who knows.

Entirely random encounter walking down the street at night. Was it loaded? I don't know, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, I wasn't going to argue having a double barrel pointed at my face.

Borrowed, but never payed back. Acquaintance, being on the street is like prison, you don't have friends, you just have a lot of acquaintances, people that want something from you, or well connected homeless neets always looking to trade stuff.

All kinds of people out there, maybe a crazy wants your dollar for some chewing gum, who knows.

Entirely random encounter walking down the street at night. Was it loaded? I don't know, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, I wasn't going to argue having a double barrel pointed at my face.
Did you know the guy owed money before he got beat up? Was he a junkie? And did the guy survived or did he got to go to the hospital and became daft or seriously injured?

Did you know the guy owed money before he got beat up? Was he a junkie? And did the guy survived or did he got to go to the hospital and became daft or seriously injured?
I don't know man, just a passing by witness, yeah, no way that guy didn't go to the hospital if he didn't die in an abandoned parking garage that day. Well, I'm done answering your questions mate, hope you got what you needed concerning wisdom of life experiences here, good luck to you.

no problemo ate food from the dumpster ...

ppl trow food from the freezer stone cold ,just wash and bring to fire

no problemo ate food from the dumpster ...

ppl trow food from the freezer stone cold ,just wash and bring to fire
Where’s the best places to find food in dumpster and how do you make sure it’s not spoiled or make you sick?

This thread needs to be re-entitled, "How to be homeless on the streets 101 without getting my shit stolen and murdered or not wanting myself to jump off a bridge over a busy traffic freeway."

Let's put some realism and added emphasis for OP of this thread. *giggles*

Last edited:
This thread needs to re-entitled, "How to be homeless on the streets 1010 without getting my shit stolen and murdered or not wanting myself to jump off a bridge over a busy traffic freeway."

Let's put some realism and added emphasis for OP of this thread. *giggles*
Any more advice? lmao

Any more advice? lmao
Jesus is quite useless, pray to Lucifer instead, he's helped me quite a bit over the years, all it costs is your barely living soul.

Last edited: