Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Heightcels, genetic engineering won't save you.

• Thread starter TheIncredibleIncel
  • Start date
TheIncredibleIncel

TheIncredibleIncel

Veteran
★★
When scientists first read out the human genome 15 years ago, there were high hopes that we'd soon understand how traits like height are inherited. It hasn't been easy. A huge effort to find height-related genes so far only explains a fraction of this trait.

Now scientists say they've made some more headway. And the effort is not just useful for understanding how genes determine height, but how they're involved in driving many other human traits.

At first, these problems didn't seem to be so complicated. The 19th-century monk Gregor Mendel discovered that traits in his garden peas, like smoothness and color, could be passed predictably from one generation to the next.

But Joel Hirschhorn, a geneticist at Boston Children's Hospital and the Broad Institute, says it became evident that most stories of inheritance were not so simple. Height turns out to be a prime example.

"People's height didn't behave like Mendel's peas," Hirschhorn says. "It wasn't like they you had two tall people and they'd either have a tall [child] or a short [child]. Often the child was partway between the parents."

Scientists explained this 100 years ago, when they realized that height was influenced by many genes, and each makes a small contribution.

So when the human genome was sequenced, scientists like Hirschhorn thought they could plumb that data to track all the height genes, and finally understand how height — and in fact most other human traits — are shaped by our genes.

That effort started slowly. But now, Hirschhorn says. "for height there are about 700 variants known to affect height, each of them usually with a pretty small effect on height, usually like a millimeter or less."

That massive global effort has involved studying the genes of more than 700,000 volunteer subjects. Even so, the traits they've found only explain about a quarter of the inherited height factors.

The mystery of height won't be determined any time soon.

Well fuck me then huh?

Even if the height related genes are found that wouldnt help adults with closed growth plates. Its truly fucking over, I hate my parents for not hooking me up with hgh when I was a kid

Even if the height related genes are found that wouldnt help adults with closed growth plates. Its truly fucking over, I hate my parents for not hooking me up with hgh when I was a kid
With hgh, your face would turn into gorilla mode.

Hgh needs to be tightly regulated, and only biological processes can have this kind of fine tuned accuracy.
Unfortunately, some of us didn't inherit such instruments.

you can change your face
but you can't change your height

With hgh, your face would turn into gorilla mode.

Hgh needs to be tightly regulated, and only biological processes can have this kind of fine tuned accuracy.
Unfortunately, some of us didn't inherit such instruments.
It doesnt always do that I've seen quite a few success stories. Id prefer taking my chances than living the rest of my life as a fucking manlet tbh

you can change your face
but you can't change your height
Just extend your skeleton by 1 foot bro!

Im manletcel 5'3

No cure for the face

Lifefuel for cyborgcels.