Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How do I tell my parents about my bf?

IncelCream

IncelCream

Paragon
★★★★★

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/AsianParentStories/comments/17n5su9/how_do_i_tell_my_parents_about_my_white_bf/

So I’m from South Asia and my parents are Muslim and I’m not religious (but ofc I would never tell them that). My boyfriend is not South Asian or Asian at all and he’s white.:feelsugh: We’re both not religious. But my dad insists that I only marry someone who’s Muslim.:feelshehe: Now idk how to tell them about my boyfriend. They will be devastated when they hear he’s not from a Muslim family but we want to tell them that he’s willing to convert just to make the whole situation easier. My bf and I want to get married soon, so I have to tell my family and I’m so nervous. Do you guys have any advice on how to tell them or can you tell me how your family reacted if you were ever in a similar situation?

UPDATE (after a month of the original post): I told my dad about my bf, he surprisingly reacted very positively!:soy: The only catch is he thinks my bf is the gonna convert to the religion they are but oh well, its all I could hope for anyway!

JBW on Muslims Bros

One of the comments

"I remember when my sister was caught kissing a black guy after school, she was beaten at home. It was the most terrifying thing I’d ever seen. I was in 6th grade and she was a senior in HS. I swear afterwards I had developed a speech impediment.

As a 23 year old. I let my parents know I love them and I cannot live a life of lies. They were any to hear I was not Muslim, I had been dating a white girl for years, I ate pork. They were upset. But I had the peace of mind of knowing I was an honest man who did not fear their parents.

You should do the same"

Convert him to (on paper) Muslim, problem solved easy

One of the comments

"I remember when my sister was caught kissing a black guy after school, she was beaten at home. It was the most terrifying thing I’d ever seen. I was in 6th grade and she was a senior in HS. I swear afterwards I had developed a speech impediment.

As a 23 year old. I let my parents know I love them and I cannot live a life of lies. They were any to hear I was not Muslim, I had been dating a white girl for years, I ate pork. They were upset. But I had the peace of mind of knowing I was an honest man who did not fear their parents.

You should do the same"
but shouldn't you be afraid of parents who belong to a religion where honor killings are a thing :feelsjuice: