Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How do you deal with wishing to take back the past?

• Thread starter Deleted member 41516
  • Start date
Deleted member 41516

Deleted member 41516

Banned
-
I’ve made so many decisions in my life I wish I could take back, and I think about them a lot everyday obsessing over it, thinking about what could’ve been done differently and it’s torture. Does anyone have advice on this?

cope, hope and rope

I know it can be brutal, but you gotta accept reality as is, turning back in time won't happen

My worst decision occurred in 2020, of-course.

Anyway:

I've known of ... for eight years and two months now. I believed we would "match" well at the time we met, but she was actually quite shallow and vain. She made it apparent to me by coveting tall males who had no genuine interest in her.

When I was fifteen/sixteen, I educated myself on "certain subjects" to a very great extent. This did not take away the pain I experienced from being ostracized in group therapy because I was autistic; it made it much more difficult for me to chat with people of similar education/background without feeling unsure of myself.

There is nothing wrong with acknowledging painful memories. Some wounds are simply "infected" and need to be treated.

Past has already been written, you can’t undo things which have already happened, just accept it and learn the lessons from it, move on

can't change the past only make peace with the decisions you made

Same. Tbh I just try my best to ignore my past but those thoughts always come back, I think there's not a way to completely "accept" or forget about it, at least in my case.

Past has already been written, you can’t undo things which have already happened, just accept it and learn the lessons from it, move on
can't change the past only make peace with the decisions you made
I know it can be brutal, but you gotta accept reality as is, turning back in time won't happen
Could it be that I just have too much free time on my hands? My father tells me this is the cause, since I’m not in school or work, I often sit around ruminating and getting depressed all day. I think about the same things over and over, and even create instagram accounts to harass people who wronged me in the past, which I know logically won’t change anything, but I feel the compulsion to do so nonetheless

Same. Tbh I just try my best to ignore my past but those thoughts always come back, I think there's not a way to completely "accept" or forget about it, at least in my case.
Would therapy Unironically be beneficial for this sort of thing?

Could it be that I just have too much free time on my hands? My father tells me this is the cause, since I’m not in school or work, I often sit around ruminating and getting depressed all day. I think about the same things over and over, and even create instagram accounts to harass people who wronged me in the past, which I know logically won’t change anything, but I feel the compulsion to do so nonetheless
Yes it's that

maybe, or you're just thinking too hard. im neet 5 years no problem

maybe, or you're just thinking too hard. im neet 5 years no problem
I was bullied and betrayed too much in my early teen years( I’m 18 now) causing a drug dependency that ruined my life. Sometimes I think of ending it

I was bullied and betrayed too much in my early teen years( I’m 18 now) causing a drug dependency that ruined my life. Sometimes I think of ending it
that's rough buddy

Ok so you're still young, I thought you were older.

You have a good amount of time to change things around and at least try different solutions

I only know of one solution to undo a lifetimes worth of rEgRet