Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion How much does a gold compass cost?

LesscoBlob

LesscoBlob

Working on my plan for world domination.
★★★★★
From what I've seen, the cost of a gold compass would largely depend on factors such as:
  1. The purity and weight of the gold used.
  2. The intricacy of the design or craftsmanship.
  3. The type and quality of the compass mechanism itself.
  4. Whether it's a mass-produced item or a custom-made piece.
  5. Any gemstones or additional precious materials included in the compass.
  6. The brand or the reputation of the craftsman or company producing the compass.

If my calculations are correct, a compass made of 14k or 18k gold from a high-end brand could be expected to cost several thousand euros minimum due to the value of the materials and the craftsmanship involved. However, without specific details, it's difficult to find a precise estimate.

On the other hand, it's an obvious fact that gold prices can fluctuate significantly based on global market conditions, and there could be additional costs related to the design, manufacturing, and sale of such a unique item that might affect the price.

What are your thoughts on this?
@wereq @Grim_Reaper @DarkStarDown

Also adding @fang

only as much as other people are willing to pay for it

only as much as other people are willing to pay for it
It's true that the market ultimately decides the price, but a product like this would attract a large niche of consumers who are fond of jewlery with some "functionality".

I’ll pay you 2 bucks for it

eat salt bae's steak with gold

eat salt bae's steak with gold
While gold has no nutritional value, it's a heavy metal that is non-toxic to humans due to its inert nature. This means that it doesn't react with chemicals in the body, and will simply pass through the digestive system unchanged (unless we're talking about huge pieces of gold).

While gold has no nutritional value, it's a heavy metal that is non-toxic to humans due to its inert nature. This means that it doesn't react with chemicals in the body, and will simply pass through the digestive system unchanged (unless we're talking about huge pieces of gold).
Great tip for smuggling gold