Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope How to deal with cringe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiseman

Wiseman

Law-Abiding Member
★★
The NEET lifestyle is great, but one of its downsides is that it increases the frequency of cringe attacks. When I'm not doing anything, it's very easy for my brain to suddenly recall a previous cringy event that happened 10 years ago and ruin the rest of my day.

I noticed that participating in a community, such as this forum, seems to help. That is, of course, unless I screw up and end up posting cringe, in which case the situation would become even worse.

Some two or three years ago I used to take an SSRI, which was great not only in repelling cringe but all negative emotions in general. As a welcome bonus, it also almost turned me into a divine being who had transcended the need for sex. But those effects wear off after a month or so of taking the drug, and I don't even have access to an SSRI anymore, unfortunately.

How do you fight the demons of cringe?

When I'm not doing anything, it's very easy for my brain to suddenly recall a previous cringy event that happened 10 years ago and ruin the rest of my day.

How do you fight the demons of cringe?
just have bad memory br0

This place is like group therapy. We get to share things that we thought nobody else experienced but us.

find a distraction

Try to find a cope. I have a very good memory and I do remember alot of cringey shit that I used to do back then and I still remember it if I were to think about it.

it's very easy for my brain to suddenly recall a previous cringy event that happened 10 years ago and ruin the rest of my day
so many days of mine were ruined because of this

just have bad memory br0
My memory is terrible but it never fails to remember shitty situations. God just wants me to suffer.

What if, in the process of going ER, something cringey happens

This place is like group therapy. We get to share things that we thought nobody else experienced but us.
It's really great to know that there are other people like you.

find a distraction
I do have video games and anime.

Try to find a cope. I have a very good memory and I do remember alot of cringey shit that I used to do back then and I still remember it if I were to think about it.
I'm sorry if this thread reminded you of some of them.

so many days of mine were ruined because of this
It is truly a struggle, and a pointless one at that. How is this even helpful, from an evolutionary point of view?

i never really get cringe tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.