Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story How uni started off wrong for me

• Thread starter sinclair_silence
  • Start date
sinclair_silence

sinclair_silence

Mogged by Flies
★★★
This is a story from my early days at uni, where I currently still am. Technically it begins a little before I started, in summer 2022.

Shortly before leaving home to start school, my dad and I attended a "send-off" event at a large house in an affluent neighborhood. This was supposed to be a time where kids from around my home region (who were going to attend the same uni) came to meet up and also meet alumni. Being the chronic bedroom-dweller I was, the sheer sensory deluge of the crowd and everyone shouting over everyone else was overwhelming. I wandered/stood around, barely speaking to anyone, while my dad went off to talk with some of the other parents.

While I was on the patio near the edge of the crowd, a pretty girl in cute outfit caught my eye, but she didn't seem to notice me. A short time later though, we somehow started talking. There was an older gentleman who was apparently trying to facilitate people meeting each other, and he sort of brought us together. She waved at me and then we made introductions—we exchanged majors and I tried to be interesting by asking her questions, but eventually I ran out of things to say and it came to an end. She said "nice to meet you" and walked away. The experience gave me a surge of confidence—my autistic ass had actually talked to a girl I found attractive! I left the event with optimism for the future, a glimmer of hope that I might in fact have a college girlfriend from the very beginning.

Because I never got any contact info of the girl, I had to rely on chance meeting to get things rolling again. I got that opportunity after a couple months of school, in late September 2022. I was in line for ice cream at a dining hall and she happened to be behind me. I worked up enough confidence to re-introduce myself, but it went quite badly—I could feel my legs physically shaking as I tried to speak, and my words fell flat. It was strange how different the girl acted on this day to when I had first met her. She was cold and suspicious, showed zero interest in talking to me, and didn't even seem to remember who I was until I awkwardly brought up the send-off event. I left without getting any contact again, and that was the last time I ever spoke to her.

After that, I would go on to see her a handful of times in passing throughout my subsequent time at uni; eventually she began dating some other guy. I saw them eating dinner together once a few months ago, and while by then I had no real interest left in the girl, it was still a brutal sight to see. So, I came into uni with hollow hopes and false expectations that didn't yield even a single date, much less a partner. And here I am 1.5 years later—still a pathetic KHHV :cryfeels:

University is a living hell for Incels. Trust me, I've been through it

the good thing is most people keep to themselves for the most part, you're ignored if you're incel tier

It was strange how different the girl acted on this day to when I had first met her. She was cold and suspicious, showed zero interest in talking to me, and didn't even seem to remember who I was until I awkwardly brought up the send-off event. I left without getting any contact again, and that was the last time I ever spoke to her.
:cryfeels:
The mist suicide attempt

Brutal on how she dated some other guy. Pisses me off reading this.

Yes university is a real expectations vs. reality experience for incels. Even the most "cute" "academic" and "studious" women are Chad only, and that can be a hard lesson to learn.

Yes university is a real expectations vs. reality experience for incels. Even the most "cute" "academic" and "studious" women are Chad only, and that can be a hard lesson to learn.
Brutal lesson

Are you graduated now?

Because I never got any contact info of the girl, I had to rely on chance meeting to get things rolling again. I got that opportunity after a couple months of school, in late September 2022. I was in line for ice cream at a dining hall and she happened to be behind me. I worked up enough confidence to re-introduce myself, but it went quite badly—I could feel my legs physically shaking as I tried to speak, and my words fell flat. It was strange how different the girl acted on this day to when I had first met her. She was cold and suspicious, showed zero interest in talking to me, and didn't even seem to remember who I was until I awkwardly brought up the send-off event.
The mistake was that you didn't observe her reaction to you first. If she had liked you the first time she met you, she would have noticed you the second time, talked to you first or at least smiled at you. Without IOIs, it's extremely risky to make the first move.

The mistake was that you didn't observe her reaction to you first. If she had liked you the first time she met you, she would have noticed you the second time, talked to you first or at least smiled at you. Without IOIs, it's extremely risky to make the first move.
Well at least I tried and I don't think it was necessarily the wrong decision… what are IOIs by the way?

Well at least I tried and I don't think it was necessarily the wrong decision… what are IOIs by the way?
Indicator of interest
The most important ones are in bold:
A combination of a half-smile and an indirect gaze, the
so-called "coy glance" claimed to be a universal female IOI by the late
ethnologist, Irenäus Eibl-Eibesfeldt.

A girl looks at you several times and rapidly looking away after
each short glance, particularly when you catch her looking at you.
A girl exposing her neck conspicuously to you, often while stroking it.
A girl generally being "touchy" towards you.
A girl adjusts her hair or grooms herself in your presence for no apparent reason.
A girl laughs at your jokes, even when they aren't funny.
A girl physically orients her body towards you, even when her attention is elsewhere.
A girl giggles for no particularly good reason.
A girl stares longer than normal, especially when she smiles afterwards.
A girl asking for you help or assistance.
A girl lurks in your vicinity.
A girl teasing you, particularly common among adolescents
A girl raising her eyebrows for a few seconds and then rapidly lowering them.

Uni is brutal and the longer you're there the worse it gets as girls splinter into smaller and smaller groups

Have you tried approaching the stem girls?
The one in this story was in stem—but a different field than mine. I don't want to get into too many specifics for fear of doxxing. My school is rather left-leaning in its politics (as uni's tend to be) so if they found I had an account here it could be problematic.

Colleges are generally unfriendly for inkwells. I passed first year, but now i had to leave the second year for mental treatment after being treated like trash for normscums for 10 months. I didn't belong to any group, those groups were interacting with each other, but no group was interacting with single person, like me.
There was a one foid, she didn't need to interact with any person, but many people was interacting with her, although she wasn't belonging to any group.

The one in this story was in stem—but a different field than mine. I don't want to get into too many specifics for fear of doxxing. My school is rather left-leaning in its politics (as uni's tend to be) so if they found I had an account here it could be problematic.
Brutal, I thought it'd be easier with stem women

There was a one foid, she didn't need to interact with any person, but many people was interacting with her, although she wasn't belonging to any group
Pretty privilege?

Update: was walking back to my room after the classes today to get some rest and who do I see in passing but this person yet again. She was walking the other way with another cute girl (no one I knew). I wish I could just delete her from the campus in order to not be reminded of the great struggle and angst she set off. Like I'm not even thinking about it anymore, just let it rest for fuck's sake!!! I don't need the whole mess shoved in my face again!

It did make me realize another thing though that probably should have been mentioned in the original post—because I got so fixated on her right at the start of my time at uni, I inadvertently closed myself off to other hypothetical connections to female students. The opening weeks of uni are very formative in making connections of all kinds, no less with girls, but I was far too naive and innocent to realize this. As can be seen, I seem to have an ingrained aspect of hyper-loyalty—even when the other person is not actively reciprocating—which seems to work against me on the grand-scale. (I may make a separate analysis post about this soon.) In any case, my bad luck continues :feelsUnreal:

Update: was walking back to my room after the classes today to get some rest and who do I see in passing but this person yet again. She was walking the other way with another cute girl (no one I knew). I wish I could just delete her from the campus in order to not be reminded of the great struggle and angst she set off. Like I'm not even thinking about it anymore, just let it rest for fuck's sake!!! I don't need the whole mess shoved in my face again!

It did make me realize another thing though that probably should have been mentioned in the original post—because I got so fixated on her right at the start of my time at uni, I inadvertently closed myself off to other hypothetical connections to female students. The opening weeks of uni are very formative in making connections of all kinds, no less with girls, but I was far too naive and innocent to realize this. As can be seen, I seem to have an ingrained aspect of hyper-loyalty—even when the other person is not actively reciprocating—which seems to work against me on the grand-scale. (I may make a separate analysis post about this soon.) In any case, my bad luck continues :feelsUnreal:
It's very brutal bro

Trying to talk with some freshman to see how it goes.

It's very brutal bro
And it just gets worse. I have been on hiatus from this site for a little over two weeks, but tonight, there was an occurrence that made me come back.

I decided I would walk across campus to eat dinner somewhere else than the place that I normally go. And en route, I had an absolutely horrific run-in with this same girl and her boyfriend again. It was like a mockery of my very existence. I can't even describe… I wanted to disappear—the pure shock, I could not comprehend what was happening. Well that's what I get for "going out" I guess—fucking ridiculous. So much for "don't spend all that time in your room"—normies could never.

Whenever I least expect it, this vile thread resurfaces. I don't know how much longer I can take it at my school. My parents are getting old anyway, they should be paying off the house with this money. I get good grades but I don't know if it's worth it anymore. Life is destroying me.

Last edited:
And it just gets worse. I have been on hiatus from this site for a little over two weeks, but tonight, there was an occurrence that made me come back.

I decided I would walk across campus to eat dinner somewhere else than the place that I normally go. And en route, I had an absolutely horrific run-in with this same girl and her boyfriend again. It was like a mockery of my very existence. I can't even describe… I wanted to disappear—the pure shock, I could not comprehend what was happening. Well that's what I get for "going out" I guess—fucking ridiculous. So much for "don't spend all that time in your room"—normies could never.

Whenever I least expect it, this vile thread resurfaces. I don't know how much longer I can take it at my school. My parents are getting old anyway, they should be paying off the house with this money. I get good grades but I don't know if it's worth it anymore. Life is destroying me.
Very brutal, go walk near other department (business,pre med,..etc) at your school because she's in stem, you won't see her .

Very brutal, go walk near other department (business,pre med,..etc) at your school because she's in stem, you won't see her .
Nah brocel that's not how it works, at least over here—you can see anyone anytime anywhere… it's terrifying.

Endless suffering...
What about the library?
Finally someone gets it… library is pretty good generally, especially when I'm locked in to my work. There can be couples or hot girls there, but usually I can ignore them. As for this particular person, I've never seen her at the library that I can recall.

Finally someone gets it… library is pretty good generally, especially when I'm locked in to my work. There can be couples or hot girls there, but usually I can ignore them. As for this particular person, I've never seen her at the library that I can recall.
You talked to many girls this semester?

Endless suffering...
What about the library?
You know in these past ~2 weeks of being off from here, I've been trying to do the right things. Sleeping better, forcing myself to eat more (I have the stomach of an anorexic girl), studying hard, and most notably, have kept myself from jerking off. Somehow I've made it 16 days now. But when these things happen… it is so fucking demoralizing—like do my efforts even matter?

Last edited:
You talked to many girls this semester?
No—the semester just started not too long ago, not much has happened yet. I am doing a PE course this semester though, and one girl in the course asked me my name on the first day. Not sure if that meant anything, at any rate I didn't really follow up. Part of the issue is that I really want an Asian girlfriend so that narrows the pool somewhat. (The girl in that course was not Asian.)

When i started uni it took me a month to gather up the strength to talk to someone so i can ask them to add me to the group chat for our year

You know in these past ~2 weeks of being off from here, I've been trying to do the right things. Sleeping better, forcing myself to eat more (I have the stomach of an anorexic girl), studying hard, and most notably, have kept myself from jerking off. Somehow I've made it 16 days now. But when these things happen… it is so fucking demoralizing—like do my efforts even matter?
Nofap is very hard, I am doing my best.
Grinding stem alone is not very fun , you should find someone to work with...

When i started uni it took me a month to gather up the strength to talk to someone so i can ask them to add me to the group chat for our year
It didn't take me that long.
But I can't talk to a girl without the subject being related to academics.

It didn't take me that long.
But I can't talk to a girl without the subject being related to academics.
ask them which flavor tampon they prefer its 100% free pussy after that