Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill I don’t think IQ and looks are in correlation with each other

Celius

Celius

-
Lots of copers here love to think that having good looks instantly results in good IQ and to some extent, this theory is obviously not entirely off the mark but being of higher intelligence doesn’t necessarily stem from being born with good looks or vice versa.

I think it all ultimately just boils down to two things:

1. Being brought up in an environment and culture that can contribute to intellectual performances of which permit you decent opportunities.

If you are a Chad or even normie then chances are you’ve been brought up by a family that has a bloodline of people who had lived indefinitely healthy lifestyles with good habits of hygiene and socializing. That’s how genes basically evolve over time.

One of the key reasons why curries are considered to be so “ugly” and underdeveloped in terms of western beauty standards is purely because of the hundreds and thousands of years of forced inbreeding in an unbelievably unhealthy environment.

What a culture as a whole values is what also defines you as an individual, and if those values are in contrast of practices based on habits revolving around intelligence then it doesn’t take half a fucking brain to realize a good society full of opportunities yields more room for development which ultimately results high IQ. This is why a large proportion of the people in my country are generally savage and of very little intelligence (such as myself), it’s not just because hurr durr genetics.

The perfect example of this is when you compare western curries to south Asian curries. They both look like shit, they both have had the same ancestors, they both are basically of the same exact race, and yet curries brought up in western societies IQmog Indian curries to fucking oblivion and beyond. They are not even the same species when it comes to intelligence.

This isn’t an exception, it’s a general rule and it does have its fair share of breaking the “good looks = good IQ” theory to a degree.

But it doesn’t just end there, it’s not just the society. It could be defined by your family as well.

IF NO ONE during your childhood even cared about your likes, dislikes, achievements, ambitions, goals and never bothered to present you with sufficient time to develop and help you establish an environment where you can freely cultivate and put any of your attributes into good use then chances are, you ended up being low IQ.

2. Intelligence is the result of responses you evoke from those around you including and especially your peers.

According to studies based on pairs of twins with similar upbringing, it was concluded that the result of their IQ levels being roughly the same was not just because of genetic correlation, but mostly because of the fact that they both looked the same and ended up evoking unusually similar responses and reactions from everyone in their lives.

This is when you realize just how much looks matter on a day to day basis. This is the ultimate blackpill. It doesn’t just end with you being unable to find companionship, no, it sprouts to every single fucking department in your life.

Chad is NOT smart because he was born that way, Chad is smart because everyone involved in his life encouraged him to be. Chad starts experiencing love at first hand by the time he’s 14, he gets admired by all of his peers as he develops, everyone wants to hang around him, everyone wants to be him, everyone cherishes him, he is loved by all.

Thanks to this and even the smallest things like getting smiles from food cashiers, slowly but surely, his viewpoint in life will determine his actions that inevitably support him in gaining higher intelligence than those unfortunate enough to be born with a repulsive face, those that no one would hesitate to avoid with everything at their disposal.

The “these people keep giving me the looks” story you keep hearing from your brocels may seem silly and harmless at first until it fucking repeats itself for a lifetime, leaving them devastated, pondering why things are the way they are, at long last turning them into an empty shell of a human being, unable to even function properly in society let alone being presented with an opportunity to showcase how intelligent they are.

There is no end to this suffering. Only endurance. Life is just a game of luck and at the end, it’s all a matter of how you’re gonna choose to accept this factor.

In most cases yes, but not always. Btw, I didt read your shit, just the title.

True. They are not correlated.

There's also inbreeding to think about, ugly shitskin Arabs and curries are likely to be inbred and low IQ. :lul:

And you retard think id ever believe this (((politically-correct us-government))) sources? Try again, donkey. Your profile text says everything about you.

Looks and IQ are correlated insofar as higher IQ means you're more likely to have secured access to more resources, which means you're more likely to have secured a better looking mate. Your IQ plus your mate's looks gives you good looking and intelligent offspring who then go to prestigious schools and end up as upper management in big corporations.

And you retard think id ever believe this (((politically-correct us-government))) sources? Try again, donkey. Your profile text says everything about you.
Are you idiot? Most of the scientific blackpill is based on this webpage.

You are just fool bluepilled.

Are you idiot? Most of the scientific blackpill is based on this webpage.

You are just fool bluepilled.
Speak english, donkey. I dont and wont understand any of your low-IQ bs.

Here some scientific sourches for you, moron. https://personal.lse.ac.uk/kanazawa/pdfs/i2011.pdf "1. Introduction Scientists have long suspected that intelligence and physical attractiveness may be positively correlated across individuals (Berscheid & Walster, 1974, p. 195; Vandenberg, 1972, p. 153)"

And here for you lol https://en.hespress.com/44549-moroc...w-in-international-population-iq-ranking.html

:feelshmm:

Speak english, donkey. I dont and wont understand any of your low-IQ bs.

Here some scientific sourches for you, moron. https://personal.lse.ac.uk/kanazawa/pdfs/i2011.pdf "1. Introduction Scientists have long suspected that intelligence and physical attractiveness may be positively correlated across individuals (Berscheid & Walster, 1974, p. 195; Vandenberg, 1972, p. 153)"

And here for you lol https://en.hespress.com/44549-moroc...w-in-international-population-iq-ranking.html

:feelshmm:
Keep coping. Kanazawa's study was debunked as you could have read.

Read again, you kike.

What is there to read? My life experience, the study i linked plus my first post here said it all. Can you donkey even read? That is the more important question. Look at this map. You have the IQ of my beer shit, darkredcel lol:

pfkx04bhulh91.jpg

What is there to read? My life experience and my first post here said it all. Can you donkey even read, that is the question. Look at this map. You have the IQ of my beer shit, darkredcel lol:

pfkx04bhulh91.jpg
You still don't prove anything. A user whose name does not do him any merit. I get that you have to use the ad hominem fallacy to try to make a point in the crap you're saying.

Even if my IQ were to your personal self-masturbatory liking, you would still not prove that there is indeed a correlation between facial attractiveness and IQ, because the study you cited has been debunked.

I agree, they're not correlated. Unfortunatelly some ''people'' consider if you are not attractive that means you are dumb fuck ,so ugly=dumb, (very)good looking = smart, for most of them , sadly.

I agree, they're not correlated. Unfortunatelly some ''people'' consider if you are not attractive that means you are dumb fuck ,so ugly=dumb, (very)good looking = smart, for most of them , sadly.
Classical halo effect.

says the Graycel

You still don't prove anything. A user whose name does not do him any merit. I get that you have to use the ad hominem fallacy to try to make a point in the crap you're saying.

Even if my IQ were to your personal self-masturbatory liking, you would still not prove that there is indeed a correlation between facial attractiveness and IQ, because the study you cited has been debunked.
The Kanzawa study from 2011 is legit, the bs study you posted is just (((politically correct)) bs so that ugly fatasses or losers like you can still cope. Youre pathetic dude. I bet your IQ is even under 65 ngl

Last edited:
The Kanzawa studay is legit.
Nope, it has debunked by superior statistical sampling that includes many other studies.
the bs you posted is just (((politically correct bs)) so that ugly fatass or losers like you can still cope
Faced with statistical evidence, you simply start crying because you cannot continue with the cope of your IQ online tests results.
Youre pathetic dude. I bet your IQ is even under 65 ngl
It doesn't matter what IQ I may have, you're still a bluepilled who doesn't accept the best peer-reviewed scientific evidence and infinitely superior statistical sampling than this paper you are sticking when it has been clearly debunked.

Nope, it has debunked by superior statistical sampling that includes many other studies.

Faced with statistical evidence, you simply start crying because you cannot continue with the cope of your IQ online tests results.

It doesn't matter what IQ I may have, you're still a bluepilled who doesn't accept the best peer-reviewed scientific evidence and infinitely superior statistical sampling than this paper you are sticking when it has been clearly debunked.
You have the IQ of a donkey. Again, you proofed shit. I mean, you really proofed shit. My IQ is over 120 (made the norwegian mensa test) while yours is lower than my beer shit. Beautiful people ( in most cases) have a high IQ, while ugly people (like you) are dumb as my beer shit. Youre the best proof, donkey.

By who? Again, by your ((politcally-correctness)) study from 2015 which is like 4 pages long lol? Youre really that stupid.
  • Arden R, Gottfredson LS, Miller G, Pierce A. Intelligence and semen quality are positively correlated. Intelligence. 2009;37(3):277–282. [Google Scholar]
  • Bates Douglas, Maechler Martin, Bolker Ben. lme4: Linear mixed-effects models using S4 classes (Version R package version 0.999999-0) 2012. [Google Scholar]
  • Billington HL, Mortimer AM, McNeilly T. Divergence and genetic structure in adjacent grass populations. I. Quantitative genetics. Evolution. 1988;42(6):1267–1277. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Boker SM, Neale MC, Maes HH, Wilde MJ, Spiegel M, Brick TR, Fox J. OpenMx: An open source extended structural equation modeling framework. psychometrika. 2011;76(2) [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Borenstein Michael, Hedges Larry V, Higgins Julian PT, Rothstein Hannah R. Introduction to meta-analysis. John Wiley & Sons; 2011. [Google Scholar]
  • Buss DM, Abbott M, Angleitner A, Asherian A, Biaggio A, Blanco-Villasenor A, Yang K. International preferences in selecting mates: a study in 37 cultures. Journal of cross-cultural psychology. 1990;21(1):5–47. [Google Scholar]
  • Buss DM, Barnes M. Preferences in human mate selection. J Pers Soc Psychol. 1986;50(3):559–570. doi: 10.1037/0022-3514.50.3.559. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
  • Clark Andrew G. Genetic components of variation in energy storage in Drosophila melanogaster. Evolution. 1990;44(3):637–650. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Crow JF, Felsenstein J. The effect of assortative mating on the genetic composition of a population. Biodemography and Social Biology. 1968;15(2):85–97. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Davies G, Tenesa A, Payton A, Yang J, Harris SE, Liewald D, Deary IJ. Genome-wide association studies establish that human intelligence is highly heritable and polygenic. Mol Psychiatry. 2011;16(10):996–1005. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Denny Kevin. Beauty and intelligence may or may not be related. Intelligence. 2008;36(6):616–618. [Google Scholar]
  • Eagly AH, Ashmore RD, Makhijani MG, Longo LC. What is beautiful is good, but…: A meta-analytic review of research on the physical attractiveness stereotype. Psychol Bull. 1991;110(1):109–128. [Google Scholar]
  • Falconer DS, Mackay TFC. Introduction to Quantitative Genetics. 4. Harlow, England: Pearson Prentice Hall; 1996. [Google Scholar]
  • Flint J, Mackay TFC. Genetic architecture of quantitative traits in mice, flies, and humans. Genome Research. 2009;19(5):723–733. doi: 10.1101/gr.086660.108. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
  • Futuyma DJ, Philippi TE. Genetic variation and covariation in responses to host plants by Alsophila pometaria (Lepidoptera: geometridae) Evolution. 1987;41(2):269–279. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Gangestad SW, Thornhill R, Yeo RA. Facial attractiveness, developmental stability, and fluctuating asymmetry. Ethology and Sociobiology. 1994;15(2):73–85. [Google Scholar]
  • Gangestad SW, Yeo RA. Behavioral genetic variation, adaptation and maladaptation: An evolutionary perspective. Trends in Cognitive Sciences. 1997;1(3):103–108. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Garland T., Jr Genetic basis of activity metabolism. I. Inheritance of speed, stamina, and antipredator displays in the garter snake Thamnophis sirtalis. Evolution. 1988;42(2):335–350. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Hansen Thomas F. Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics. 2006. The evolution of genetic architecture; pp. 123–157. [Google Scholar]
  • Hedrick PW. Antagonistic pleiotropy and genetic polymorphism: a perspective. Heredity. 1999;82(2):126–133. [Google Scholar]
  • Hedrick PW. Genetics of Populations. Jones & Bartlett Learning; 2011. [Google Scholar]
  • Houle D. How should we explain variation in the genetic variance of traits? Genetica. 1998;102–103(0):241–253. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Jackson DN. MAB, multidimensional aptitude battery: manual. Research Psychologists Press; 1984. [Google Scholar]
  • Jackson LA, Hunter JE, Hodge CN. Physical attractiveness and intellectual competence: A meta-analytic review. Social Psychology Quarterly. 1995;58(2):108–122. [Google Scholar]
  • Kanazawa S. Intelligence and physical attractiveness. Intelligence. 2011;39(1):7–14. [Google Scholar]
  • Keller MC. The role of mutations in human mating. In: Geher G, Miller G, editors. Mating Intelligence: Sex, Relationships, and the Mind’s Reproductive System. Taylor & Francis; 2007. [Google Scholar]
  • Keller MC, Coventry WL. Quantifying and addressing parameter indeterminacy in the classical twin design. Twin Research and Human Genetics. 2005;8(3):201–213. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Keller MC, Garver-Apgar CE, Wright MJ, Martin NG, Corley RP, Stallings MC, Zietsch BP. The genetic correlation between height and IQ: Shared genes or assortative mating? PLoS Genet. 2013;9(4) [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Keller MC, Medland SE, Duncan LE. Are extended twin family designs worth the trouble? A comparison of the bias, precision, and accuracy of parameters estimated in four twin family models. Behav Genet. 2010;40(3):377–393. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Kenrick DT, Groth GE, Trost MR, Sadalla EK. Integrating evolutionary and social exchange perspectives on relationships: Effects of gender, self-appraisal, and involvement level on mate selection criteria. J Pers Soc Psychol. 1993;64(6):951–969. [Google Scholar]
  • Kenrick DT, Sadalla EK, Groth GE, Trost MR. Evolution, traits, and the stages of human courtship: Qualifying the parental investment model. 1990;1:58. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Kleisner Karel, Chvátalová Veronika, Flegr Jaroslav. Perceived Intelligence Is Associated with Measured Intelligence in Men but Not Women. PLoS One. 2014;9(3):e81237. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Kosova G, Abney M, Ober C. Heritability of reproductive fitness traits in a human population. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 2009 [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Kovas Y, Plomin R. Generalist genes: implications for the cognitive sciences. Trends in Cognitive Sciences. 2006;10(5):198–203. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Lande R. A quantitative genetic theory of life history evolution. Ecology. 1982;63(3):607–615. [Google Scholar]
  • Langlois JH, Kalakanis L, Rubenstein AJ, Larson A, Hallam M, Smoot M. Maxims or myths of beauty? A meta-analytic and theoretical review. Psychol Bull. 2000;126(3):390–423. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Lee S, Ripke S, Neale B, Faraone S, Purcell S, et al. Genetic relationship between five psychiatric disorders estimated from genome-wide SNPs. Nature Genetics. 2013;45(9):984–994. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • McGovern RJ, Neale MC, Kendler KS. The independence of physical attractiveness and symptoms of depression in a female twin population. The Journal of psychology. 1996;130(2):209–219. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Miller G. Sexual selection for indicators of intelligence. In: Bock GR, Goode JA, Webb K, editors. The Nature of Intelligence: Novartis Foundation Symposium 233. Chichester: Wiley; 2000. pp. 260–275. [Google Scholar]
  • Mitchell-Olds T. Quantitative genetics of survival and growth in Impatiens capensis. Evolution. 1986;40(1):107–116. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Mitchem DG, Purkey AM, Grebe NM, Carey G, Garver-Apgar CE, Bates TC, Keller MC. Estimating the Sex-Specific Effects of Genes on Facial Attractiveness and Sexual Dimorphism. Behav Genet. 2013:1–12. doi: 10.1007/s10519-013-9627-5. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
  • Møller AP. Developmental stability and fitness: a review. The American Naturalist. 1997;149(5):916–932. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Moore F, Filippou D, Perrett D. Intelligence and attractiveness in the face: Beyond the attractiveness halo effect. Journal of Evolutionary Psychology. 2011;9(3):205–217. doi: 10.1556/JEP.9.2011.3.2. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
  • Pinheiro JC, Bates DM. Mixed effects models in S and S-PLUS. Springer; 2000. [Google Scholar]
  • Prout T. How well does opposing selection maintain variation. Evolutionary genetics: from molecules to morphology. 2000;1:157. [Google Scholar]
  • Purcell SM, Wray NR, Stone JL International Schizophrenia Consortium. Common polygenic variation contributes to risk of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Nature. 2009;460(7256):748–752. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • R Core Team. R: A language and environment for statistical computing. Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing; 2013. [Google Scholar]
  • Rausher MD, Simms EL. The evolution of resistance to herbivory in Ipomoea purpurea. I. Attempts to detect selection. Evolution. 1989;43(3):563–572. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Rhea S, Gross AA, Haberstick BC, Corley RP. Colorado Twin Registry. Twin Research and Human Genetics. 2006;9(6):941–949. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Rhea S, Gross AA, Haberstick BC, Corley RP. Twin Research and Human Genetics, FirstView. 2012. Colorado Twin Registry: An update; pp. 1–7. [Google Scholar]
  • Roff DA. The evolution of genetic correlations: An analysis of patterns. Evolution. 1996;50(4):1392–1403. doi: 10.2307/2410877. [PubMed] [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
  • Roff DA. Evolutionary quantitative genetics. Chapman & Hall; 1997. [Google Scholar]
  • Rowe L, Houle D. The lek paradox and the capture of genetic variance by condition dependent traits. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London Series B: Biological Sciences. 1996;263(1375):1415–1421. [Google Scholar]
  • Solovieff N, Cotsapas C, Lee PH, Purcell SM, Smoller JW. Pleiotropy in complex traits: Challenges and strategies. Nat Rev Genet. 2013;14(7):483–495. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Stahl EA, Wegmann D, Trynka G, Gutierrez-Achury J, Do R, Voight BF, Plenge RM. Bayesian inference analyses of the polygenic architecture of rheumatoid arthritis. Nat Genet. 2012;44(5):483–489. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Thornhill R, Gangestad SW. Facial attractiveness. Trends in Cognitive Sciences. 1999;3(12):452–460. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Wechsler D. WAIS-R manual: Wechsler adult intelligence scale-revised. Psychological Corporation; 1981. [Google Scholar]
  • Wechsler D. WAIS-III: Administration and scoring manual: Wechsler adult intelligence scale. Psychological Corporation; 1997. [Google Scholar]
  • Wright MJ, Martin NG. Brisbane Adolescent Twin Study: Outline of study methods and research projects. Australian Journal of Psychology. 2004;56(2):65–78. [Google Scholar]
  • Zebrowitz LA, Rhodes G. Sensitivity to “bad genes” and the anomalous face overgeneralization effect: Cue validity, cue utilization, and accuracy in judging intelligence and health. Journal of Nonverbal Behavior. 2004;28(3):167–185. [Google Scholar]

Just click on the sources, you fool.

You dont get it. You think because its new (2015) it must be true. This study is a complete joke. I can make a 10 page study that my shit can cure inceldom. Trust me.

• Arden R, Gottfredson LS, Miller G, Pierce A. Intelligence and semen quality are positively correlated. Intelligence. 2009;37(3):277–282. [Google Scholar]
  • Bates Douglas, Maechler Martin, Bolker Ben. lme4: Linear mixed-effects models using S4 classes (Version R package version 0.999999-0) 2012. [Google Scholar]
  • Billington HL, Mortimer AM, McNeilly T. Divergence and genetic structure in adjacent grass populations. I. Quantitative genetics. Evolution. 1988;42(6):1267–1277. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Boker SM, Neale MC, Maes HH, Wilde MJ, Spiegel M, Brick TR, Fox J. OpenMx: An open source extended structural equation modeling framework. psychometrika. 2011;76(2) [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Borenstein Michael, Hedges Larry V, Higgins Julian PT, Rothstein Hannah R. Introduction to meta-analysis. John Wiley & Sons; 2011. [Google Scholar]
  • Buss DM, Abbott M, Angleitner A, Asherian A, Biaggio A, Blanco-Villasenor A, Yang K. International preferences in selecting mates: a study in 37 cultures. Journal of cross-cultural psychology. 1990;21(1):5–47. [Google Scholar]
  • Buss DM, Barnes M. Preferences in human mate selection. J Pers Soc Psychol. 1986;50(3):559–570. doi: 10.1037/0022-3514.50.3.559. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
  • Clark Andrew G. Genetic components of variation in energy storage in Drosophila melanogaster. Evolution. 1990;44(3):637–650. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Crow JF, Felsenstein J. The effect of assortative mating on the genetic composition of a population. Biodemography and Social Biology. 1968;15(2):85–97. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Davies G, Tenesa A, Payton A, Yang J, Harris SE, Liewald D, Deary IJ. Genome-wide association studies establish that human intelligence is highly heritable and polygenic. Mol Psychiatry. 2011;16(10):996–1005. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Denny Kevin. Beauty and intelligence may or may not be related. Intelligence. 2008;36(6):616–618. [Google Scholar]
  • Eagly AH, Ashmore RD, Makhijani MG, Longo LC. What is beautiful is good, but…: A meta-analytic review of research on the physical attractiveness stereotype. Psychol Bull. 1991;110(1):109–128. [Google Scholar]
  • Falconer DS, Mackay TFC. Introduction to Quantitative Genetics. 4. Harlow, England: Pearson Prentice Hall; 1996. [Google Scholar]
  • Flint J, Mackay TFC. Genetic architecture of quantitative traits in mice, flies, and humans. Genome Research. 2009;19(5):723–733. doi: 10.1101/gr.086660.108. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
  • Futuyma DJ, Philippi TE. Genetic variation and covariation in responses to host plants by Alsophila pometaria (Lepidoptera: geometridae) Evolution. 1987;41(2):269–279. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Gangestad SW, Thornhill R, Yeo RA. Facial attractiveness, developmental stability, and fluctuating asymmetry. Ethology and Sociobiology. 1994;15(2):73–85. [Google Scholar]
  • Gangestad SW, Yeo RA. Behavioral genetic variation, adaptation and maladaptation: An evolutionary perspective. Trends in Cognitive Sciences. 1997;1(3):103–108. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Garland T., Jr Genetic basis of activity metabolism. I. Inheritance of speed, stamina, and antipredator displays in the garter snake Thamnophis sirtalis. Evolution. 1988;42(2):335–350. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Hansen Thomas F. Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics. 2006. The evolution of genetic architecture; pp. 123–157. [Google Scholar]
  • Hedrick PW. Antagonistic pleiotropy and genetic polymorphism: a perspective. Heredity. 1999;82(2):126–133. [Google Scholar]
  • Hedrick PW. Genetics of Populations. Jones & Bartlett Learning; 2011. [Google Scholar]
  • Houle D. How should we explain variation in the genetic variance of traits? Genetica. 1998;102–103(0):241–253. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Jackson DN. MAB, multidimensional aptitude battery: manual. Research Psychologists Press; 1984. [Google Scholar]
  • Jackson LA, Hunter JE, Hodge CN. Physical attractiveness and intellectual competence: A meta-analytic review. Social Psychology Quarterly. 1995;58(2):108–122. [Google Scholar]
  • Kanazawa S. Intelligence and physical attractiveness. Intelligence. 2011;39(1):7–14. [Google Scholar]
  • Keller MC. The role of mutations in human mating. In: Geher G, Miller G, editors. Mating Intelligence: Sex, Relationships, and the Mind’s Reproductive System. Taylor & Francis; 2007. [Google Scholar]
  • Keller MC, Coventry WL. Quantifying and addressing parameter indeterminacy in the classical twin design. Twin Research and Human Genetics. 2005;8(3):201–213. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Keller MC, Garver-Apgar CE, Wright MJ, Martin NG, Corley RP, Stallings MC, Zietsch BP. The genetic correlation between height and IQ: Shared genes or assortative mating? PLoS Genet. 2013;9(4) [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Keller MC, Medland SE, Duncan LE. Are extended twin family designs worth the trouble? A comparison of the bias, precision, and accuracy of parameters estimated in four twin family models. Behav Genet. 2010;40(3):377–393. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Kenrick DT, Groth GE, Trost MR, Sadalla EK. Integrating evolutionary and social exchange perspectives on relationships: Effects of gender, self-appraisal, and involvement level on mate selection criteria. J Pers Soc Psychol. 1993;64(6):951–969. [Google Scholar]
  • Kenrick DT, Sadalla EK, Groth GE, Trost MR. Evolution, traits, and the stages of human courtship: Qualifying the parental investment model. 1990;1:58. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Kleisner Karel, Chvátalová Veronika, Flegr Jaroslav. Perceived Intelligence Is Associated with Measured Intelligence in Men but Not Women. PLoS One. 2014;9(3):e81237. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Kosova G, Abney M, Ober C. Heritability of reproductive fitness traits in a human population. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 2009 [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Kovas Y, Plomin R. Generalist genes: implications for the cognitive sciences. Trends in Cognitive Sciences. 2006;10(5):198–203. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Lande R. A quantitative genetic theory of life history evolution. Ecology. 1982;63(3):607–615. [Google Scholar]
  • Langlois JH, Kalakanis L, Rubenstein AJ, Larson A, Hallam M, Smoot M. Maxims or myths of beauty? A meta-analytic and theoretical review. Psychol Bull. 2000;126(3):390–423. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Lee S, Ripke S, Neale B, Faraone S, Purcell S, et al. Genetic relationship between five psychiatric disorders estimated from genome-wide SNPs. Nature Genetics. 2013;45(9):984–994. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • McGovern RJ, Neale MC, Kendler KS. The independence of physical attractiveness and symptoms of depression in a female twin population. The Journal of psychology. 1996;130(2):209–219. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Miller G. Sexual selection for indicators of intelligence. In: Bock GR, Goode JA, Webb K, editors. The Nature of Intelligence: Novartis Foundation Symposium 233. Chichester: Wiley; 2000. pp. 260–275. [Google Scholar]
  • Mitchell-Olds T. Quantitative genetics of survival and growth in Impatiens capensis. Evolution. 1986;40(1):107–116. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Mitchem DG, Purkey AM, Grebe NM, Carey G, Garver-Apgar CE, Bates TC, Keller MC. Estimating the Sex-Specific Effects of Genes on Facial Attractiveness and Sexual Dimorphism. Behav Genet. 2013:1–12. doi: 10.1007/s10519-013-9627-5. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
  • Møller AP. Developmental stability and fitness: a review. The American Naturalist. 1997;149(5):916–932. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Moore F, Filippou D, Perrett D. Intelligence and attractiveness in the face: Beyond the attractiveness halo effect. Journal of Evolutionary Psychology. 2011;9(3):205–217. doi: 10.1556/JEP.9.2011.3.2. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
  • Pinheiro JC, Bates DM. Mixed effects models in S and S-PLUS. Springer; 2000. [Google Scholar]
  • Prout T. How well does opposing selection maintain variation. Evolutionary genetics: from molecules to morphology. 2000;1:157. [Google Scholar]
  • Purcell SM, Wray NR, Stone JL International Schizophrenia Consortium. Common polygenic variation contributes to risk of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Nature. 2009;460(7256):748–752. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • R Core Team. R: A language and environment for statistical computing. Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing; 2013. [Google Scholar]
  • Rausher MD, Simms EL. The evolution of resistance to herbivory in Ipomoea purpurea. I. Attempts to detect selection. Evolution. 1989;43(3):563–572. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Rhea S, Gross AA, Haberstick BC, Corley RP. Colorado Twin Registry. Twin Research and Human Genetics. 2006;9(6):941–949. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Rhea S, Gross AA, Haberstick BC, Corley RP. Twin Research and Human Genetics, FirstView. 2012. Colorado Twin Registry: An update; pp. 1–7. [Google Scholar]
  • Roff DA. The evolution of genetic correlations: An analysis of patterns. Evolution. 1996;50(4):1392–1403. doi: 10.2307/2410877. [PubMed] [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
  • Roff DA. Evolutionary quantitative genetics. Chapman & Hall; 1997. [Google Scholar]
  • Rowe L, Houle D. The lek paradox and the capture of genetic variance by condition dependent traits. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London Series B: Biological Sciences. 1996;263(1375):1415–1421. [Google Scholar]
  • Solovieff N, Cotsapas C, Lee PH, Purcell SM, Smoller JW. Pleiotropy in complex traits: Challenges and strategies. Nat Rev Genet. 2013;14(7):483–495. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Stahl EA, Wegmann D, Trynka G, Gutierrez-Achury J, Do R, Voight BF, Plenge RM. Bayesian inference analyses of the polygenic architecture of rheumatoid arthritis. Nat Genet. 2012;44(5):483–489. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Thornhill R, Gangestad SW. Facial attractiveness. Trends in Cognitive Sciences. 1999;3(12):452–460. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
  • Wechsler D. WAIS-R manual: Wechsler adult intelligence scale-revised. Psychological Corporation; 1981. [Google Scholar]
  • Wechsler D. WAIS-III: Administration and scoring manual: Wechsler adult intelligence scale. Psychological Corporation; 1997. [Google Scholar]
  • Wright MJ, Martin NG. Brisbane Adolescent Twin Study: Outline of study methods and research projects. Australian Journal of Psychology. 2004;56(2):65–78. [Google Scholar]
  • Zebrowitz LA, Rhodes G. Sensitivity to “bad genes” and the anomalous face overgeneralization effect: Cue validity, cue utilization, and accuracy in judging intelligence and health. Journal of Nonverbal Behavior. 2004;28(3):167–185. [Google Scholar]

Just click on the sources, you fool.

I cant click. Again, youre ugly and stupid. My proof is right. You lost lol

You dont get it. You think because its new (2015) it must be true. This study is a complete joke. I can make a 10 page study that my shit can cure inceldom. Trust me.
It has more consistency because it has been peer-riewed by dozens of studies that support it, while the paper you cited has no other statistical contrast. Do not be an idiot.

Yes, it is clear you are retard. Shut the fuck up, moron troll.
Debunk me. Youre ugly and stupid. My proof is correct. That's science, right here. I won. Im a scientist and youre just a donkey.

debunk me. Youre ugly and stupid. My proof is correct. That's science. I won. Im a scientist and youre just a donkey.
You were debunked already. The statistical and investigative evidence is overwhelming.

You were debunked already. The statistical and investigative evidence is overwhelming.

You can fake every statistic you want so that Itll be (((politcally correct))). You seem that you dont know shit about superior genetics. Superior genetics mean, that you have the looks and the brain. You have neither. There are so many academic studies about (((climate change))), (((vaccines)) etc. Youre just a little kid, a donkey kid. Respect me. Dont argue with me, kid. Just stfu.

You can fake every statistic you want so that Itll be (((politcally correct))). You seem that you dont know shit about superior genetics. Superior genetics mean, that you have the looks and the brain. You have neither. There are so many academic studies about (((climate change))), (((vaccines)) etc. Youre just a little kid, a donkey kid. Respect me. Dont argue with me, kid. Just stfu.
Yeah, now the blackpill is what you want it to be. Subjectivist piece of shit.

Moroccancel is right, if this isn't a bit you're coping hard.

Idgaf what people or the majority thinks what "blackpilled" is or not. Im a man and I say what is on my mind. I think youre wrong. I know youre wrong. Again science plus my life experiences showed me that in like 8/10 cases beautiful people are also very smart. Thats all i was saying. And I said that most (((scientific studies))) are rigged for (((political reasons)))
Moroccancel is right, if this isn't a bit you're coping hard.
Who gives a shit what you think? Youre just a retard as he is. Fuckin graycel. You didnt even know what a fuckin study is, you retard. Kys.

Last edited:
Thats all i was saying
Therefore, if I have to trust you with your individual and subjective experiences or trust dozens of studies that contradict a residual study that you have cited, then I choose the evidence. If you have evidence that debunks the vast majority of these studies summarized, go ahead.

Therefore, if I have to trust you with your individual and subjective experiences or trust dozens of studies that contradict a residual study that you have cited, then I choose the evidence. If you have evidence that debunks the vast majority of these studies summarized, go ahead.
Again, you can trust ((studies)) as much as you want to. Go ahead. ((Studies)) showed that getting jabbed 6 times per year is good for your health. Another (((studies)) showed that being a tranny is absolutely natural. And I saw another ((study)) that showed the earth will be a desert planet in 2100. So, go ahead and trust ((science)), kid.
:feelshaha:

I only read the first sentence of both points but basically you're wrong. IQ is totally genetic, and you can be born good looking with low IQ. But, I do think that good looks, e.g., symmetrical face, tends to correlate with good genes in intelligence somewhat (but probably a weak correlation).

Nah dog, it's mostly genes.

Outside of what makes you smart, how strong of a connection there is between smarts and looks I don't really know. I can imagine a bunch of ways how IQ and attractiveness might causly link together:
One example would be "mutational load". The higher the amount of random non-benefical mutations in your DNA, the less symmetrical your face is. But random mutation are also not good for your physical or mental performance. In a system as complex as your body, randomly changing anything is almost always a decrease in performance.
So top athletes are much better looking than the average population, in part because the DNA inside their cells got there facing harsher selection, which removed individuals with high mutational load from the gene pool.
There could also be heavy indirect causality, high IQ leads to more money, both earning more yourself and your parents having more because they are also high IQ, which leads to better health care and access to expensive surgeries in high quality clincs done by top surgents.
High IQ parents making better decisions and planning ahead more responsibly, so maybe they are more likely to force you to eat healthy or enforce good oral hygiene or who knows what.
Since I have never seen any data or study I have no strong opinion about how crass the causation connecting IQ and looks is, but no causal connection at all is not on the table, I don't think.
Even a negative correlation is more likely than none. I Remember reading about high IQ men being disproportionally likely to marry less attractive women. Think that one was even from the incel wiki. So if that trend holds over time, you breed for smart but ugly.
Honestly though, this kind of question seems like it should be possible to answer with high certainty if you can find someone who's doing research on the topic on twitter and charmingly ask them to point you towards w/e the highest quality studies are, or maybe some articles in more laymen-friendly science-communication journals summarising the general consensus.

Lots of copers here love to think that having good looks instantly results in good IQ and to some extent, this theory is obviously not entirely off the mark but being of higher intelligence doesn’t necessarily stem from being born with good looks or vice versa.

1. Being brought up in an environment and culture that can contribute to intellectual performances of which permit you decent opportunities.

If you are a Chad or even normie then chances are you’ve been brought up by a family that has a bloodline of people who had lived indefinitely healthy lifestyles with good habits of hygiene and socializing. That’s how genes basically evolve over time.

One of the key reasons why curries are considered to be so “ugly” and underdeveloped in terms of western beauty standards is purely because of the hundreds and thousands of years of forced inbreeding in an unbelievably unhealthy environment.

What a culture as a whole values is what also defines you as an individual, and if those values are in contrast of practices based on habits revolving around intelligence then it doesn’t take half a fucking brain to realize a good society full of opportunities yields more room for development which ultimately results high IQ. This is why a large proportion of the people in my country are generally savage and of very little intelligence (such as myself), it’s not just because hurr durr genetics.

The perfect example of this is when you compare western curries to south Asian curries. They both look like shit, they both have had the same ancestors, they both are basically of the same exact race, and yet curries brought up in western societies IQmog Indian curries to fucking oblivion and beyond. They are not even the same species when it comes to intelligence.

This isn’t an exception, it’s a general rule and it does have its fair share of breaking the “good looks = good IQ” theory to a degree.

But it doesn’t just end there, it’s not just the society. It could be defined by your family as well.

IF NO ONE during your childhood even cared about your likes, dislikes, achievements, ambitions, goals and never bothered to present you with sufficient time to develop and help you establish an environment where you can freely cultivate and put any of your attributes into good use then chances are, you ended up being low IQ.

2. Intelligence is the result of responses you evoke from those around you including and especially your peers.

According to studies based on pairs of twins with similar upbringing, it was concluded that the result of their IQ levels being roughly the same was not just because of genetic correlation, but mostly because of the fact that they both looked the same and ended up evoking unusually similar responses and reactions from everyone in their lives.

This is when you realize just how much looks matter on a day to day basis. This is the ultimate blackpill. It doesn’t just end with you being unable to find companionship, no, it sprouts to every single fucking department in your life.

Chad is NOT smart because he was born that way, Chad is smart because everyone involved in his life encouraged him to be. Chad starts experiencing love at first hand by the time he’s 14, he gets admired by all of his peers as he develops, everyone wants to hang around him, everyone wants to be him, everyone cherishes him, he is loved by all.

Thanks to this and even the smallest things like getting smiles from food cashiers, slowly but surely, his viewpoint in life will determine his actions that inevitably support him in gaining higher intelligence than those unfortunate enough to be born with a repulsive face, those that no one would hesitate to avoid with everything at their disposal.

The “these people keep giving me the looks” story you keep hearing from your brocels may seem silly and harmless at first until it fucking repeats itself for a lifetime, leaving them devastated, pondering why things are the way they are, at long last turning them into an empty shell of a human being, unable to even function properly in society let alone being presented with an opportunity to showcase how intelligent they are.

There is no end to this suffering. Only endurance. Life is just a game of luck and at the end, it’s all a matter of how you’re gonna choose to accept this factor.
I agree with a lot of what you said...

..But I think you mean "not correlated with each other" right?

@K9Otaku

I agree with a lot of what you said...

..But I think you mean "not correlated with each other" right?
Actually looking back at this shitty thread, I see a few minor grammar issues here and there. Over for me, really should start studying the language somewhere or at least spend more time editing my posts carefully.

Yes, it can be depending on what you want to say. Saying they have "no correlation" versus saying they are not "in correlation" can signify multiple possibilities. The former implies the two are always mutually exclusive in the infinitive. The latter can imply that at the moment you see no overlap, but there might be one.

Tiny details, and you don't have to correct it. I just wanted to make sure I understand the content and let you know I agree with your main point. But in the body of your post, you gave more arguments for why they might actually be correlated, so I was a bit confused.

Is the study identifying “good looks” as chad vs incel or just regular looking people vs ogre robust phenotype people?