Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel i'm terrified of transferring to a 4 year uni

will i be avoided/laughed at by students if i'm 24 at a 4 year uni?

• Total voters
E

Edmund_Kemper

Disregard my larping efforts. I can’t change it.
-
i only got my associates degree from community college after going for 4 years. my bitch mom fucked me up and was a shitty helicopter parent resulting in me only being able to handle 2 classes (i hate that cunt). i took a break under covid and went NEET this school year. now i am planning to transfer to a 4 year uni, but problem is, i'll be turning 24 in the autumn.

i'm worried i will be avoided/laughed at for being older. people won't wanna hang out with me because of my age, and fucking conformist normies will say "hurr durr you need to hang out with your own age group you weirdo hurr durr!!11 :soy: ". well problem is, in many uni i have planned to go to, only about a quarter are 22-29, and many of them are probably grad students, and i won't meet many grad students as an undergrad because we won't have classes and they'll be on a different part of campus and many won't be friends with undergrads. so this means i'll have to hang out with undergrads and a tiny minority will be over 22, which means if i restrict myself to only people my age, i'll struggle making friends, and if i struggle to only dating girls my age, i'll struggle finding a GF. i have no other choice but to talk to 18-21 year olds. but society is all like "but muh social norms" and say its "creepy" to talk to someone a few years younger even though the word "creepy" is subjective and a social construct. it used to be "creepy" for a white person to hang out with a black person in the 1950s. social norms are for cowardly chickenshit conformist faggots. we are so segregated by age while we used to be segregated by race (we're still segregated by race but not too segregated, we're extremely segregated by age). age segregation doesn't exist on this forum. and i don't care how old my friends are if i have any.

i'm scared being older will mean that students won't talk to me and girls won't date me due to the extreme stigma against age differences in friendships and of course relationships/sex. everyone else i meet always hangs out with people exactly their own age. but i want to get my bachelors degree.

i went to community college, there isn't any stigma against older students there even if you're 90, but uni students are cliquey and ridicule any undergrad who is over 23. i just want a bachelor's degree, but i don't wanna attend community college because i never could make friends there when you just go to class and go back home. and everyone there barely spoke to each other. fuck this world! i also am afraid of going to a party even if i ever get invited. when you're 24, i feel even being an undergrad won't be an excuse to go to a college party. should i lie to students and say i'm 20 or 21? and if i make friends and only hang out with my own age, what do i do? every time i meet someone i ask their age to make sure i'm okay with being friends with them? WTF!

Just larp as a 21 year old, normies typically don't care after freshman year. Although its hard to get into a normie friend group as an incel because they tend to have foids in college.

Also welcome back!

Just larp as a 21 year old, normies typically don't care after freshman year. Although its hard to get into a normie friend group as an incel because they tend to have foids in college.

Also welcome back!
what happens if they know i'm 24?

what happens if they know i'm 24?
I mean, letting a bunch of other people ridiculing you stop you from pursuing a degree is kinda bitch made.

This is assuming they somehow find out your age, which doesn't seem possible if you don't tell them

it depends on the culture of the uni you attend, but chances are no one will give a shit after the first few weeks

I wouldn't worry about it. 24 doesn't seem too old.
Welcome back btw

I actually didn’t think of this yet but I will be facing the same problem in a year if COVID is lifted.

You're 24. Not 30+.
You'll be fine. Actually you won't because Uni is the most suicide inducing point of your life, but nobody is going to care.

being laughed at is inevitable as inkwell

it depends on the culture of the uni you attend, but chances are no one will give a shit after the first few weeks
Also this.

I personally haven't been to an in person college (Gorilla, remote classes) but people really don't care. They're there for the same reason you are. Its not like its high-school

There is a chance, but you definitely should get your bachelors if you plan to work in the future.
I had a 40 year old classmate, he got the best grades in class, kept to himself, and other guys (19 y.o) would talk to him like a friend, buddy etc.? i think it is because they wanted to befriend a man that is really dedicated to get good grades.

If you study hard you might attract nerdish type of guys and they will definitely want to be friends with you.
If you don't study and try to fit in with the "chads" they will probably look at you and think that you are pathetic.
All in all you should definitely go for it after 4 years you will be 28 regardless if you went to the university or not. :feelsokman:

college is cucked, you are paying the same for a low quality experience when chad gets the best experience. You don't need a degree to tell others you are proficient in any field. let your work speak for itself. Unless you have the (parents) time and money to waste, I would advise against it. The cost and depression will only continue to build year after year. plus it's beyond over when transferring as anything older than a normal high school senior because making friends will be near impossible unless you want to play the beta orbiter role for "Kool zoomers."

Do you want friends at university? Why?
The people at my college were very gay and liberal in comparison to high school.
It's best to avoid the university culture of being very idealistic and into politics and going to alcoholic-filled parties, etc.

I talked to no one and had zero friends in my four years at university.
If you don't mind this and go straight from the school to your boarding house and back, no one will talk to you and no one will bully you.
You can read books and use the internet at whatever home you are staying at in your free time.

Last edited:
I would ABSOLUTELY KILL for a second chance with 18-21 yo college age foids.

Btw aren't you high iq and rich or some shit? Why did your parents have you do community? I expect better from asian parents

Also this.

I personally haven't been to an in person college (Gorilla, remote classes) but people really don't care. They're there for the same reason you are. Its not like its high-school
imo, id avoid a school with a reputation for having a vibrant social scene

imo, id avoid a school with a reputation for having a vibrant social scene
Why’s that?
There is a chance, but you definitely should get your bachelors if you plan to work in the future.
I had a 40 year old classmate, he got the best grades in class, kept to himself, and other guys (19 y.o) would talk to him like a friend, buddy etc.? i think it is because they wanted to befriend a man that is really dedicated to get good grades.

If you study hard you might attract nerdish type of guys and they will definitely want to be friends with you.
If you don't study and try to fit in with the "chads" they will probably look at you and think that you are pathetic.
All in all you should definitely go for it after 4 years you will be 28 regardless if you went to the university or not. :feelsokman:
Why would they think I’m pathetic?
How would they know?
If they saw my ID or someone told them

Why would they think I’m pathetic?
Well if they somehow knew and eventually they would get to know that you are a virgin you don't want that. These type of people usually boast about their experience with women. This had happened to me, if you hang out with normies and they get to know you enough and find out that you are a virgin it's fucking over you WILL be made fun of. I see no point of trying to fit in with young chads straight out of highschool.

Well if they somehow knew and eventually they would get to know that you are a virgin you don't want that. These type of people usually boast about their experience with women. This had happened to me, if you hang out with normies and they get to know you enough and find out that you are a virgin it's fucking over you WILL be made fun of. I see no point of trying to fit in with young chads straight out of highschool.
So them viewing me as pathetic would be about my virginity it wouldn’t really be my age?

Also welcome back!
tbh
So them viewing me as pathetic would be about my virginity it wouldn’t really be my age?
tbh

@nxdismycope @ordinaryotaku

Because there'll be a bit of pressure to socialize in ways that aren't directly conducive to your academic experience
Basically all 4 year universities are party schools to an extent
Yes imo. What are you going to study?
Sociology or maybe criminology

Basically all 4 year universities are party schools to an extent

Sociology or maybe criminology
Not really, it's all relative.

MIT won't have as many parties, as, say, Arizona State

I'll tell you from experience that by the time you get into it, it will be YOU who will not want to be a part of it. Perhaps from some of the incel related issues already mentioned. In my case you really start to notice the age gap right around your age now. I started late at 20 and the nature of my program made one mandatory class only offered once every 4 semesters (2 years, summer wasn't an option either). So I ended up finally graduating at the age of 26. By that time and starting at age 24 I was quite annoyed by all the undergrads under 3rd year. They just seemed more child-like than when I was one myself just a few years earlier.

Hell when I started at 20 I was already paranoid and taking a bit of a notice with the age gap. I was slated to live in a residence until I sperged out of that. Never actually spent a night there but tried to attend the usual orientation week bullshit. I was already feeling old when I discovered some of my floor mates were actually 17 as they fast tracked high school. So when you're 24 there will (at least here) be potential 17 year-olds around but that is rarer. Still at your age an onward the 18-21 year olds are going to be just as annoying to you as the 17 year olds when I was 20. You won't want anything to do with them as it will quite really feel like dealing with high school delinquents.

Not really, it's all relative.

MIT won't have as many parties, as, say, Arizona State
ASU? That place is filled with stacys

Not really. There were actually some 40+ year olds in some of my freshman/sophomore classes. They don't really age discriminate that bad, unless you're like clearly in your mid 30s and hitting on girls there while being sub-8.

Finding a gf in that age is no problem if you're a Chad, also your age shouldn't interfere with you making potential friends.

ASU? That place is filled with stacys
yeah

met a foid at a Model UN conference like 4-5 years ago, she later went there and her instagram feed was just nonstop frat parties

I'll tell you from experience that by the time you get into it, it will be YOU who will not want to be a part of it. Perhaps from some of the incel related issues already mentioned. In my case you really start to notice the age gap right around your age now. I started late at 20 and the nature of my program made one mandatory class only offered once every 4 semesters (2 years, summer wasn't an option either). So I ended up finally graduating at the age of 26. By that time and starting at age 24 I was quite annoyed by all the undergrads under 3rd year. They just seemed more child-like than when I was one myself just a few years earlier.

Hell when I started at 20 I was already paranoid and taking a bit of a notice with the age gap. I was slated to live in a residence until I sperged out of that. Never actually spent a night there but tried to attend the usual orientation week bullshit. I was already feeling old when I discovered some of my floor mates were actually 17 as they fast tracked high school. So when you're 24 there will (at least here) be potential 17 year-olds around but that is rarer. Still at your age an onward the 18-21 year olds are going to be just as annoying to you as the 17 year olds when I was 20. You won't want anything to do with them as it will quite really feel like dealing with high school delinquents.
Honestly I feel younger than my age so it won’t matter. Also 24 year olds these days act very childish too. I don’t think the 18/19 year olds were any different from the 21 year olds and I don’t think they’re even that different from 24 year olds. You just are taught this myth that everyone is super mature once they’re 21 so you expect immaturity in 18/19 year olds and thus notice it more easily. While mean 21+ year olds act immature you overlook it because you’re taught they’re mature. It’s a placebo effect. I swear if you were told they’re 21 you would’ve noticed their immaturity. People don’t become mature until 30 now. Or you were just an exceptionally mature 24 year old or just saw exceptionally immature 18/19 year olds. Some 18/19 year olds want good grades and focus all day on studying while some 24 year olds share memes all day on social media, binge drunk and use vulgar language. It varies from person to person
yeah

met a foid at a Model UN conference like 4-5 years ago, she later went there and her instagram feed was just nonstop frat parties
how old was she when she went there?
Not really. There were actually some 40+ year olds in some of my freshman/sophomore classes. They don't really age discriminate that bad, unless you're like clearly in your mid 30s and hitting on girls there while being sub-8.

Finding a gf in that age is no problem if you're a Chad, also your age shouldn't interfere with you making potential friends.
I wouldn’t mind dating 18-21 year olds

Why you voted no?

Last edited:
Honestly I feel younger than my age so it won’t matter. Also 24 year olds these days act very childish too. I don’t think the 18/19 year olds were any different from the 21 year olds and I don’t think they’re even that different from 24 year olds. You just are taught this myth that everyone is super mature once they’re 21 so you expect immaturity in 18/19 year olds and thus notice it more easily. While mean 21+ year olds act immature you overlook it because you’re taught they’re mature. It’s a placebo effect. I swear if you were told they’re 21 you would’ve noticed their immaturity. People don’t become mature until 30 now. Or you were just an exceptionally mature 24 year old or just saw exceptionally immature 18/19 year olds. Some 18/19 year olds want good grades and focus all day on studying while some 24 year olds share memes all day on social media, binge drunk and use vulgar language. It varies from person to person

Yeah you're right. And I am by no means saying the maturity thing is what expected by me of them. I know I was just as immature even being several years older at times. I dunno it's hard to describe. It just sort of hit me one day looking around that these kids weren't in the same boat as me, yet. They'd have to wait a few years to have their souls crushed.

Yeah you're right. And I am by no means saying the maturity thing is what expected by me of them. I know I was just as immature even being several years older at times. I dunno it's hard to describe. It just sort of hit me one day looking around that these kids weren't in the same boat as me, yet. They'd have to wait a few years to have their souls crushed.
I feel mentally behind because I spent 4 years dealing with severe OCD instead of hanging out and doing fun things in life

It depends. Just LARP as their age.

At the different colleges I went to there were always people in their 30s and even 40s. So you will be fine. Also welcome back to the forum.

At the different colleges I went to there were always people in their 30s and even 40s. So you will be fine. Also welcome back to the forum.
Do people go to uni at 18-21 in Netherlands like in America?
If it happens it happens. Would they ask for age at some point?
Why’d you pick no if you think I don’t need to worry?

Last edited:
Do people go to uni at 18-21 in Netherlands like in America?

Why’d you pick no if you think I don’t need to worry?
They start going to university at 18 but they go to college at 17. It depends on your level of education in high school.

They start going to university at 18 but they go to college at 17. It depends on your level of education in high school.
I heard people are more open minded about age in Europe though (except the UK). In America it’s different.

Also welcome back!

@Total Imbecile

I feel mentally behind because I spent 4 years dealing with severe OCD instead of hanging out and doing fun things in life
Fuck it. Plenty of other fuckwits are just putting on a show and have some crazy shit going on behind the scenes

Fuck it. Plenty of other fuckwits are just putting on a show and have some crazy shit going on behind the scenes
I wish I was a few years younger again