Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Is it ok to torture to save a live?

title

• Yes, in certain conditions

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Under no circumstance

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Justice Bao

Justice Bao

Captain
Yesterday they showed a movie in the German TV; Feinde (i dont watch TV much, around once a month or so). Its about the following:A guy kidnaps a richs familiy 12-year old daughter and demands 5 million Euro ransom. A police inspector starts the investigation and gets the guy. But he has no proof and the Guy refuses to confess. Since the girl is in danger he tortures the suspect with waterboarding until he tells where the girl is hidden. Too late, shes already dead. At first the criminal doesnt tell anyone that the inspector used waterboarding on him. However his lawyer finds out and advice that he shuts his mouth from now on.

On trial the lawyer can trick the inspector into admitting that he used waterboarding. Since a confession under pressure is invalid in german law the court has no choice other than release the guy.

The movie was shown in two different version: one with the inspector as protagonist, the other from the lawyers point of view. The first resembles Justice, the other one the law. To make it short; Law isnt always just.

My personal opinion: Torture should be never allowed; not on criminals not on political enemies not even if it would save another live. Foids however are no human and can be used as one pleases (joke, dont freak out)

3a465b8ae8c2468d9cf129fa13241b4a

yes just watch 24

I agree. Torture should never be allowed to get information.
You can never be sure if your victom tells the truth or lies to you in order to end the torture.
And if the victom doesn't know anything, the whole procedure would be senseless pain for him.

Last edited:
I suppose this gets into the whole "ticking time bomb scenario", and whether or not torture is allowed. The example would be that you captured a terrorist and his family. He has planted a nuclear bomb in NYC that will soon go off. Is it OK to burn off the face/feet/hands of the terrorist or his family members with a blowtorch, in an attempt to get info? Or, is it better just let the bomb go off, killing millions in a awful, fiery death?

I suppose this gets into the whole "ticking time bomb scenario", and whether or not torture is allowed. The example would be that you captured a terrorist and his family. He has planted a nuclear bomb in NYC that will soon go off. Is it OK to burn off the face/feet/hands of the terrorist or his family members with a blowtorch, in an attempt to get info? Or, is it better just let the bomb go off, killing millions in a awful, fiery death?
and when he just lies? Thats the reason torture was abolished in the first place. torture victimis usually dont tell the truth

Depends on the situation imo. But mutilation for torture is not okay regardless

Contemplating morally grey areas is suifuel because it's always the ugly non-NT guy that is first in line to be sacrificed and society likes to remind them of this when carrying out these hypotheticals tbh

Torture to torturers.

I hope the poor girl didn't die a virgin.

and when he just lies? Thats the reason torture was abolished in the first place. torture victimis usually dont tell the truth
They'll know. In these situations, they're asking for a location with an object. If the girl (OP scenario) or bomb isn't there, they can continue interrogating. I voted yes

Torture a foid to save my sanity