Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

it's impossible to enjoy normie entertainment as an incel

TheNEET

TheNEET

mentally crippled by sleepoverless teen years
★★★★★
Normie entertainment, or almost any entertainment, is meant to be enjoyed in direct or indirect company. A movie is generally an excuse to meet with your friends, to have a topic to discuss, the main source of dopamine is the social interaction. You're not supposed to rely on the movie as your only source of dopamine.

Compare these two scenarios
  • having a sleepover, meeting with a bunch of friends, being slightly sleep-deprived, enjoying snacks and maybe even some beer and watching a movie together, with everyone commenting and laughing
  • sitting in your room alone, consooming Doritos and vodka with the movie playing on your computer screen
Normie entertainment is meant to be a social experience. Even if you don't directly watch it with someone, you're supposed to share it: talk about it with your friends. Of course you could write a review or write about it on some forum, but that's merely a cheap ersatz, it won't satisfy you, the investment-dopamine ratio is terrible.

No wonder it's so hard to sit down and watch an episode of a show or a movie. Social interaction is a basic need, my brain forces me to interact, but all I can provide it with are cheap replacements like forums, imageboards and listening to podcasts. I feel like the last human on earth: no one to share experiences with, no way to progress, I could have the entire Library of Alexandria stored in my brain and it wouldn't make a difference. Unfortunately my brain doesn't register online interactions as real.

This applies to stuff like hobbies too. Traveling alone is being depressed in new places instead of enjoying it with your friends etc. People will say: just join a hobby group, but all such groups which advertise themselves consist of senior citizens who are not only old but also would make fun of me for hanging out with elderly while being young because I got ostracized so badly. You're supposed to have your initial friend group when you exit high school, then you can modify it by networking, but if you don't have this initial group, it's impossible to find anyone to interact with.

Knowing the truth can be a burden sometimes. But its better than being blindly ignorant

I was alone in my whole life, i get used to it tbh.

I agree with OP nearly all the games now have a multiplayer option, and every site now supports an share link, etc.

It just feeds my depression, but it beats staring at a wall instead I suppose.

There is entertainment targeted towards incels though. You have to remember incels make up 30% of the US male population. We just have to dig a little deeper and weed out the mainstream releases.

Normie entertainment, or almost any entertainment, is meant to be enjoyed in direct or indirect company. A movie is generally an excuse to meet with your friends, to have a topic to discuss, the main source of dopamine is the social interaction. You're not supposed to rely on the movie as your only source of dopamine.

• having a sleepover, meeting with a bunch of friends, being slightly sleep-deprived, enjoying snacks and maybe even some beer and watching a movie together, with everyone commenting and laughing
  • sitting in your room alone, consooming Doritos and vodka with the movie playing on your computer screen
Normie entertainment is meant to be a social experience. Even if you don't directly watch it with someone, you're supposed to share it: talk about it with your friends. Of course you could write a review or write about it on some forum, but that's merely a cheap ersatz, it won't satisfy you, the investment-dopamine ratio is terrible.

No wonder it's so hard to sit down and watch an episode of a show or a movie. Social interaction is a basic need, my brain forces me to interact, but all I can provide it with are cheap replacements like forums, imageboards and listening to podcasts. I feel like the last human on earth: no one to share experiences with, no way to progress, I could have the entire Library of Alexandria stored in my brain and it wouldn't make a difference. Unfortunately my brain doesn't register online interactions as real.

This applies to stuff like hobbies too. Traveling alone is being depressed in new places instead of enjoying it with your friends etc. People will say: just join a hobby group, but all such groups which advertise themselves consist of senior citizens who are not only old but also would make fun of me for hanging out with elderly while being young because I got ostracized so badly. You're supposed to have your initial friend group when you exit high school, then you can modify it by networking, but if you don't have this initial group, it's impossible to find anyone to interact with.
I've made a thread about this topic a while back and I truly believe that normies ruin entertainment for incels.
you cant even watch a movie or tv show without getting potent ropefuel when the characters go to a sleepover/party get wasted and have sex multiple times and have a lot of fun. then you remember what you were doing at the time you where the characters age: sitting alone in front of your computer playing games and rotting while everyone else was having fun and sex.
fortunately there are hobbies that are safe from normie/foid destruction like programming and restoring old ms-dos computers.
all in all, normie entertainment is for normies only.

U have to pay premium for multiplayer mang, god bless capitalism and the jews mang

I didn't choose the ponysexcoping. The ponysexcoping chose me.

I disagree tbh, I prefer being alone while watching movies, I don't like it when someone makes retarded comments while I'm watching something.

Concerning dopamine, that's why you ogremax with food.
Damn the last bit hurt. I understand now why the 30yo boomers treated me like a freak in their tabletop group now.

Last edited:

There are subtle social black pills everywhere. For example I always get Burger King coupons in the mail, they are essentially useless to me because they are all like 2 for 1. Completely benefit only when 2 or more people are eating.

There are subtle social black pills everywhere. For example I always get Burger King coupons in the mail, they are essentially useless to me because they are all like 2 for 1. Completely benefit only when 2 or more people are eating.
Fuck junk mail tbh

Thats one reason I suspect we might be dealing with a failed normie.. when they listen to music & watch the electric Jew.

High IQ.

Even video games are designed to be social.

Most of them are shit playing on your own.

Only games I play are red dead, GTA, FIFA and Minecraft.

A year ago I was talking to a normie about how boring games like rainbow six and fortnite are and he said something like "yeah those games are boring unless you're playing with your friends"

I can't bear normie shit full of SJW, feminist and cuckold stuff.

I disagree tbh, I prefer being alone while watching movies, I don't like it when someone makes retarded comments while I'm watching something.

It's possible, but I'm pretty sure it's more about sending a message. Normshit isn't bad, it's just bad to be like a normie.

Most normie movies involve romantic scenes like kissing and having sex. There could be a movie about the world ending and somehow the protagonist would be paired with a reasonably hot woman who shares the love interest.

Excellent observation. My severe depression means that I really struggle to watch TV or movies on my own because I can't forget that my life is totally doomed during every scene. I just can't focus and can't forget what reality is like for me.

I have no friends so whenever I go to the movies I'm alone. I typically wait until a week or two after a new movie hits theaters so that I'm less likely to be spotted alone at 30 years-old by someone I know or grew up with. The humiliation would be too much to bear. In fact, I go to a theater out of town to be more sure that nobody will spot me.

I do the same for ordering food sometimes and getting gas. This is what inceldom and social failure is all about.