Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Just thinking about talking to others drains my entire energy

Celius

Celius

-
Loneliness in and of itself is not detrimental; it’s only when you’re physically in close proximity to people but you’re not sensing any real connection, you just feel more alienated and lost. I guess that’s what differentiates feeling lonely than being alone but in my case, just THINKING about being around others is exhausting let alone actually interacting with them. Being on my own doesn’t even sound that bad now just as long as I don’t get to be around others and still feel like I’m all by myself.

I know normies love turning this into a general modern age issue like they do with everything else but personally, I think it stems from having way too many negative experiences with strangers to a point that now I’m actually somewhat thankful when I’m being ignored. In fact, I sometimes go as far as setting strict boundaries just to make sure that I’m not accidentally socializing. It’s sad, but it is what it is.

Not Applicable

:smonk::smonk::smonk: You have a point there buddy

Not Applicable
true, you seem like the type to just vibe effortlessly with people
Loneliness in and of itself is not detrimental; it’s only when you’re physically in close proximity to people but you’re not sensing any real connection, you just feel more alienated and lost. I guess that’s what differentiates feeling lonely than being alone but in my case, just THINKING about being around others is exhausting let alone actually interacting with them. Being on my own doesn’t even sound that bad now just as long as I don’t get to be around others and still feel like I’m all by myself.

I know normies love turning this into a general modern age issue like they do with everything else but personally, I think it stems from having way too many negative experiences with strangers to a point that now I’m actually somewhat thankful when I’m being ignored. In fact, I sometimes go as far as setting strict boundaries just to make sure that I’m not accidentally socializing. It’s sad, but it is what it is.
Think a big part is how the internet creates a gulf between normies, even online normies, and extremly online people. You can learn so much online and with everything you learn, the overlap between your world model and a normies world model gets smaller

I wear a badge denoting my autism (like a Jew wearing a star of David) so this means normies don't expect anything from.me by way of casual conversation - which I do not wish to indulge in anyway as it drains my energy and more often than not leaves me cringing at the utter shit normies spout.