Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Learning a new language: Japanese or Chinese?

NutNotBusted

NutNotBusted

Officer
★★★★
Since I like learning new languages, I want to start this new cope.
Which is the most useful language, the most stylish between Chinese and Japanese.
I am not a weeb cunt so don't suggest Japanese only because anime please.

Japanese if you have the patience, it's really hard to learn.

Serbian

Gook languages are for faggots

Seeing a thread like this made me really happy!

For being useful you should learn Chinese, you can communicate with a lot more people because of population of the country.
Also i am inclined to believe it can help you more with employment. There are also more intellectual text to read in chinese.

Most of the people generally learn Japanese for anime as you guessed and there is nothing wrong with it.

So Chinese will be more beneficial to learn for now however try to learn both, it will open your way to be a true hyperpyglot.

if you learn Japanese you are going to turn into a weeb

For being useful you should learn Chinese, you can communicate with a lot more people because of population of the country.
Also i am inclined to believe it can help you more with employment. There are also more intellectual text to read in chinese.

Most of the people generally learn Japanese for anime as you guessed and there is nothing wrong with it.

So Chinese will be more beneficial to learn for now however try to learn both, it will open your way to be a true hyperpyglot.
Thanks for the advice! Having more literature is a great point for Chinese.

I think learning a language should be based on cultural interest. Yes Chinese has a lot of native speakers but most of them speak their dialects at home so it's not their original language(The dialects are vastly different from Mandarin)

Everyone only meets a little more than 100.000 people in their lives and Japanese will be more helpful if he spends time in Japan / works for a Japanese company

Are you comfortable with learning a tonal language? (Like Mandarin)

I suggest Korean because learning Japanese and Chinese characters is very time consuming. Japanese Kanji even have 2 different readings per character

Korean is more challenging grammar wise but it might save you time to not learn new characters each day.

Are you comfortable with learning a tonal language? (Like Mandarin)

I suggest Korean because learning Japanese and Chinese characters is very time consuming. Japanese Kanji even have 2 readings per character
No, I am not. I know it is tough but I want to try at least. I maybe not motivated such as a weeb learning Japanese through anime, but stil I want to try Chinese.

Asian languages are pretty worthless unless you need them for a job. And Chinese are absolute hell to work with.

My pleasure! You can always send me a message about language learning, i also plan to open a duolingo club in the future which you can join if you want.

I think learning a language should be based on cultural interest. Yes Chinese has a lot of native speakers but most of them speak their dialects at home so it's not their original language(The dialects are vastly different from Mandarin)

Everyone only meets a little more than 100.000 people in their lives and Japanese will be more helpful if he spends time in Japan / works for a Japanese company

Our mentalities are completely different againts this to be honest, i learn things just for sake of learning them. I dont care about culture or media as long as they stimulate my brain, increase my cognitive abilities and satisfy my curiousity.

No, I am not. I know it is tough but I want to try at least. I maybe not motivated such as a weeb learning Japanese through anime, but stil I want to try Chinese.
Then good luck. It will be rewarding if you like the Chinese culture.

Make sure to use an SRS for Hanzi and try to listen as much as possible to the language to get some input. I also advise you to download apps like Hinative,Hellotalk or Italki because getting feedback on your tones is extremely important.

Which country is more interestig and appealing to you? That's how I would choose the language. I would try to visit the country I am learning the language of as a reward and possibly even move there if the western world becomes too hopeless to me.

My pleasure! You can always send me a message about language learning, i also plan to open a duolingo club in the future which you can join if you want.

Our mentalities are completely different againts this to be honest, i learn things just for sake of learning them. I dont care about culture or media as long as they stimulate my brain, increase my cognitive abilities and satisfy my curiousity.
Language learning is just a tool but it will be quite useless if he doesn't like to work with his tool. He will lose interest if he doesn't like the country or people who speak the language. He will end up with nothing if he's done with learning and doesn't want to use it. "Curiousity" already implies that you have interest in the culture / language =)

Which country is more interestig and appealing to you? That's how I would choose the language. I would try to visit the country I am learning the language of as a reward and possibly even move there if the western world becomes too hopeless to me.
Well, I am closer to Japanese culture since I grew up watching anime, but I do not want to appear more hikikomori than I already am.

Language learning is just a tool but it will be quite useless if he doesn't like to work with his tool. He will lose interest if he doesn't like the country or people who speak the language. He will end up with nothing if he's done with learning and doesn't want to use it. "Curiousity" already implies that you have interest in the culture / language =)

No, it implies the vocabulary it contains and grammar structure. Also by learning a language he will get better at others by neurogenesis and as i said, increased cognitive abilities.

He can still use the social media of that language, depending on language of course.

Then good luck. It will be rewarding if you like the Chinese culture.

Make sure to use an SRS for Hanzi and try to listen as much as possible to the language to get some input. I also advise you to download apps like Hinative,Hellotalk or Italki because getting feedback on your tones is extremely important.
I will check these apps for sure.

No, it implies the vocabulary it contains and grammar structure. Also by learning a language he will get better at others by neurogenesis and as i said, increased cognitive abilities.

He can still use the social media of that language, depending on language of course.
I guess we have different opinions about what language is. I view speaking / understanding a language as a new way of living. It's the most sweet aspect of it. Going to a country where you can experience pleasure by forming new relationships / a new outlook on life pales in comparision to the mere neuroscientific aspect imo.

Urdu so you can fuck cute paki girls.

I guess we have different opinions about what language is. I view speaking / understanding a language as a new way of living. It's the most sweet aspect of it. Going to a country where you can experience pleasure by forming new relationships / a new outlook on life pales in comparision to the mere neuroscientific aspect imo.

I am not a slave to my memes! (I am = ()

ICH LIEBE TRANSHUMANISMUS, NEUROWISSENSCHAFTEN

Most people in pakistan don't speak urdu as their native language. (Only 8%) It's only their language of education
Pashto or Farsi then kek

I am not a slave to my memes! (I am = ()

ICH LIEBE TRANSHUMANISMUS, NEUROWISSENSCHAFTEN
Ich weiß, dass du das magst :) Allerdings denke ich, dass Sprachen existieren damit man mit ihnen lebt =)

Außerdem ist es auch aus neurowissenschaftlicher Perspektive wünschenswert mit Sprachen postitive Gefühle zu verbinden und soziale Beziehungen zu formen (Psychische Gesundheit)

Mandarin is the most common language I think

Ich weiß, dass du das magst :) Allerdings denke ich, dass Sprachen existieren damit man mit ihnen lebt =)

Außerdem ist es auch aus neurowissenschaftlicher Perspektive wünschenswert mit Sprachen postitive Gefühle zu verbinden und soziale Beziehungen zu formen (Psychische Gesundheit)

Ich glabue du kanst auch recht haben. (Destroys German language)

Ich glabue du kanst auch recht haben. (Destroys German language)
I developed resentment towards my native language, because I don't have a lot of positive experiences here. What do you think about Turkish? Do you like your native language?

I developed resentment towards my native language, because I don't have a lot of positive experiences here. What do you think about Turkish? Do you like your native language?

Why so?

I guess we are kinda similar, i dont like to use my language because of my fellow people and their barbaric mentality.
I only read intellectual and literature of the old, Turkish social media is pure cancer.

Because my life situation sucks and I can't relate to most people here. But It's still 10000x better than many other countries

I guess we are kindred spirits after all...

Also yes indeed, compared to Turkey Germany seems like a heaven to me. Especially listening to the Turkish people that lives here.

Well, I am closer to Japanese culture since I grew up watching anime, but I do not want to appear more hikikomori than I already am.
How do you like the rest of japanese culture compared to chinese? just liking anime without beeing a weeb is not a very strong motivation imo.

Since I like learning new languages, I want to start this new cope.
Which is the most useful language, the most stylish between Chinese and Japanese.
I am not a weeb cunt so don't suggest Japanese only because anime please.
Spanish or chinese are the best languages to learn at the moment