Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Meditation: Effective or Total Bullshit?

CrackyChanFan

CrackyChanFan

Self-banned
-
I realise there are already some meditation threads in existence but I specifically want to discuss whether or not meditation is effective or just some placebo effect bullshit.

From my online reading there seems to be a paucity of clarity about how one should meditate; all the ideas are just by controlling your own mind in some way.

I have read that one can meditate by trying to think of nothing and letting thoughts pass by. I have heard on Huberman (yeah I listen to Huberman shoot me) that one can think of one thing and then bring your mind back to it; supposedly it improves focus. But if this is the case, then can I not just practise focussing on something useful like learning a language?
I have read you can meditate on some religious of philosophical text: Hindu Meditation on the Bhagavad Gita, Catholic Meditation on the Rosary.

I relate to the idea of monkey mind and unwanted thoughts rushing. However, my attempts to meditate feel boring and it is hard to motivate myself unless I am sure there is actually some benefit.

Anyone here for good/badresults from meditation?

Meditation is brain shutdown. Don’t fall into the guru yoga faggot trap.

I realise there are already some meditation threads in existence but I specifically want to discuss whether or not meditation is effective or just some placebo effect bullshit.

From my online reading there seems to be a paucity of clarity about how one should meditate; all the ideas are just by controlling your own mind in some way.

I have read that one can meditate by trying to think of nothing and letting thoughts pass by. I have heard on Huberman (yeah I listen to Huberman shoot me) that one can think of one thing and then bring your mind back to it; supposedly it improves focus. But if this is the case, then can I not just practise focussing on something useful like learning a language?
I have read you can meditate on some religious of philosophical text: Hindu Meditation on the Bhagavad Gita, Catholic Meditation on the Rosary.

I relate to the idea of monkey mind and unwanted thoughts rushing. However, my attempts to meditate feel boring and it is hard to motivate myself unless I am sure there is actually some benefit.

If your ugly, Intrusive thoughts will ruin the meditation

Meditation is a religious practice used for thousands of years. It works, and you can get into relatively deep meditative states that feel better than cooming.