Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal My father has started calling me my cousins name

Autoimmunecel

Autoimmunecel

Greycel
My father has MS. It is very similar to Alzheimer's at the end stages (which he's clearly at). He doesn't know what planet he's on and forgets my name all the time. However one thing has changed in the past few days. He has started calling me my cousins name.

My cousin is a failure in every aspect EXCEPT intimate romantic relationships. He currently has a fiancé and a kid on the way. Meanwhile he is a junkie alcoholic.

I believe my father has subconsciously rejected me as his son and embraced my cousin in my place. Thus his change in calling me my cousins name. He just can't believe his own son is such a failure subhuman autoimmuncel that he has to go into a dreamlike state and call me my cousins name. How can anyone cope with this while feeding and taking care of him? My god.

My father has MS. It is very similar to Alzheimer's at the end stages (which he's clearly at). He doesn't know what planet he's on and forgets my name all the time. However one thing has changed in the past few days. He has started calling me my cousins name.

My cousin is a failure in every aspect EXCEPT intimate romantic relationships. He currently has a fiancé and a kid on the way. Meanwhile he is a junkie alcoholic.

I believe my father has subconsciously rejected me as his son and embraced my cousin in my place. Thus his change in calling me my cousins name. He just can't believe his own son is such a failure subhuman autoimmuncel that he has to go into a dreamlike state and call me my cousins name. How can anyone cope with this while feeding and taking care of him? My god.
It is certainly Brutal. Just think of your duty as a duty done for a transcendant principle and not for your father. It is easier said than done, but it can be done.

It is certainly Brutal. Just think of your duty as a duty done for a transcendant principle and not for your father. It is easier said than done, but it can be done.
Yeah I try to think of it like if he was 90+ years old... except he's 45... I will take care of him to the end however no matter how horrible it gets.

You are just reading too much into it.

You are just reading too much into it.
Am I? Only in the past week did my cousin reveal that his girlfriend was pregnant and now only in the past few days has my father started calling me his name. I really think he sees me as a failure of his bloodline.

Yeah I try to think of it like if he was 90+ years old... except he's 45... I will take care of him to the end however no matter how horrible it gets.
This is very young to have a degenerative mental illness like this. It means you are also likely to get it. Which I'm sure you already have thought about.

This is very young to have a degenerative mental illness like this. It means you are also likely to get it. Which I'm sure you already have thought about.
Yeah I think about every now and then. But the fact I already have 1-2 other autoimmune conditions that run in my family, I think I'm relatively safe from that nightmare. At least I hope. The neurologist said I have a 1-2% chance of getting it.

Yeah I think about every now and then. But the fact I already have 1-2 other autoimmune conditions that run in my family, I think I'm relatively safe from that nightmare. At least I hope. The neurologist said I have a 1-2% chance of getting it.
How old are you? And the presence of one or two autoimmune conditions eliminates MS probability? I see.

How old are you? And the presence of one or two autoimmune conditions eliminates MS probability? I see.
I'm 22. The neurologist told this to me when I was 11-12 years old, before I got the autoimmune diseases I currently have. Not sure if he was just trying to comfort me or something but that's what he said. I really hope he's right.

I'm 22. The neurologist told this to me when I was 11-12 years old, before I got the autoimmune diseases I currently have. Not sure if he was just trying to comfort me or something but that's what he said. I really hope he's right.
This is impossible to know. What autoimmune diseases do you have currently?

This is impossible to know. What autoimmune diseases do you have currently?
I have IBD ulcerative pancolitis and they said I probably have a lung condition too but I haven't done a chest xray yet.

I have IBD ulcerative pancolitis and they said I probably have a lung condition too but I haven't done a chest xray yet.
IBD irritable bowel syndrome?

Why the lung condition? Did they tell you this from your genetic history? Or are you having any symptoms?

IBD irritable bowel syndrome?

Why the lung condition? Did they tell you this from your genetic history? Or are you having any symptoms?
Inflammatory Bowel Disease. They told me to get a chest xray because I have a constant dry cough and wheezing.. I only started having lung problems after my last IBD flair.

Inflammatory Bowel Disease. They told me to get a chest xray because I have a constant dry cough and wheezing.. I only started having lung problems after my last IBD flair.
That's kinda odd. The two are usually totally unrelated. GI bowel problems and lung disease? But fair enough. I don't think a chest x ray will catch early stage stuff though.