Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Neuroticismpill: Neurotics self-sabotage by default

Zhou Chang-Xing

Zhou Chang-Xing

Overlord
★★★★★
Wanted to post this when it was published... But I have a life (almost entirely online and mostly just procrastinating).

People with social anxiety tend to engage in restrictive “safety behaviors” that make them less likable, study finds
by Laura Staloch February 14, 2023.

"New research finds that individuals diagnosed with social anxiety disorder (SAD) are more likely to use safety behaviors when engaging with others socially. As a result, they are not seen as likable or genuine by those they interact with. This research reveals that safety behaviors may be key to a cycle of awkward interactions that keep those with SAD avoiding others.

The new findings have been published in the journal Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy.

Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy.

Social anxiety disorder (SAD) is described as “an excessive fear of being evaluated negatively in social situations where an individual is exposed to possible scrutiny by others (American Psychiatric Association, 2013).” When those with SAD are required to interact with others they may engage in a variety of safety behaviors that they believe will protect them from negative feedback during social interactions.

These safety behaviors include things such as rehearsing what to say and inhibiting/restricting behaviors (including speaking very little or avoiding eye contact to escape notice). The final category of safety behaviors includes physical symptom management, like choosing specific clothing to hide physiological signs of anxiety."

Basically in short, people with anxiety self-sabotage and emotionally stable people actively dislike them. I have been thinking of a series I'd like to call "Neuroticismpills" where I explain that those who score high on Neuroticism in the Big 5 Personality scale are essentially "doomed to fail", even if we succeed. What do I mean with that?

Neuroticism is the best predictor of divorce AND Neuroticism is the best predictor of being unable to handle a divorce. So not only when you have High Neuroticism do experience more stress and stressful situations, you are uniquely hardwired to not be able to handle these situations.

Neurotic people come in 2 variants, anxious ones and angry ones (though often Neurotics are both). Apparently chronically angry people are also more likely to lose fights due to them not being able to fight rational, anxious people who fear rejection are more likely to get rejected too.

Self-sabotage isn't even just behavioural, imagine you actually fix your behaviour. Anxiety attacks for Neurotics also means that their bodies betray them.

IBS is a physical syndrome that has a strong relationship with anxiety, many people with IBS start to fart or need to poop. Likewise anxious people are more likely to sweat.

Now imagine you have a job interview and you're nervous, people subconsciously like people who smell better are liked more by others. Now imagine smelling like old socks and poop, whenever I get uncomfortable in social situations I start to get abdominal spasms making me feel discomforted, I start farting a lot, and sweating. When I pay prostitutes I don't just have premature ejaculation (a condition heavily correlated with high Neuroticism) but I actively fart during the act, several prostitutes just look disgusted while doing it. This is despite 95% of prostitutes rejecting me in red light districts off the bat, so the few not disgusted enough by my looks actively get disgusted by the way my body functions. Not just do I pay more, I actively get less.

Some people with anxiety develop a stutter or are so shy that they can't even speak.

Ironically, nothing will get you rejected faster than a fear of rejection.

People with High Neuroticism also urinate more due to their anxiety:

https://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/signs/urination-problems

Imagine trying to talk to the love of your life, stuttering, pissing yourself, farting, and sweating like a pig. And when you get rejected it actually hurts more than if a person without anxiety gets rejected.

I am convinced that Neurotic people are just some sort of Untermensch, especially in our modern society.

Your anxiety actually causes you to be more unlikeable and want people for you to go away. Nobody wants to be around stinky Joe.

Now imagine being married to a Neurotic person, you finally managed to ascend. Nothing predicts a break up of any sort of relationship (including friendships) more than Neuroticism. People with neurotic friends actively feel less good being near their friends.

The body language of a Neurotic person also signals disinterest to an emotionally stable person. Neurotics typically avoid eye contact and show interest by looking away, for emotionally stable people these are clear signs of disinterest. This also means that Neurotic people are more likely to end up together (though both males and females are disproportionately single). As I said before Neurotics in relationships are more likely to break up, during their relationship they are more likely to argue and to fight.

Here is another thing, an emotionally stable person has between 5 and 7 headaches a year. I know a Neurotic toilet that suffers from 1 or 2 headaches A DAY (she is divorced by the way), this means that an emotionally stable person would have to live 52 to 104 years to experience as many headaches as she does a year. But while headaches are more frequent, Neurotics actually have less sex and less orgasms. (And if your girlfriend doesn't orgasm she won't have much sex with you even after you ascend, I'm convinced that Reddit's dead bedroom sub is just people in relationships where one or both parties is highly Neurotic, it really doesn't matter if it's the man or the toilet, the presence of A Neurotic sabotages the relationship, both Neurotic men and toilets are typically bad at sex and suffer from sexual dysfunctions).

In toilets, Neuroticism heavily correlates with being ugly and fat. Fat ugly toilets are more likely to either be very angry all the time or have social anxiety. This means that Stacycels are onto something, but even a Neurotic Stacy is in the same boat as the above.

At least a Neurotic toilet isn't sabotaged as much by her shyness, but shyness as a male is a death sentence for your social life. I'm always so afraid of rejections that I have installed multiple dating apps where I never made an account because of my anxiety.

Don't get me wrong, there are SOME advantages to high Neuroticism, but literally every mental disorder (depression, Autism, ADHD, Bipolar Disorder, Narcissism, Social Anxiety Disorder, Etc.) correlate strongly with high Neuroticism, Neurotic people on average are fatter, have lower IQ's, and earn significantly less money.

Now combine high Neuroticism with being ugly, at least a Neurotic Chad will still be liked because of his looks. But a Neurotic Sub-5? People hate you before they saw you and now your body language and body odour screams to people "Get out!!!".

Neuroticism and Extroversion are also the most highly inheritable personality traits and are also the most scientifically proven Big 5 traits and neural scans can simply find Neuroticism Vs. Emotional Stability and Extroversion Vs. Introversion.

So if you're Neurotic there's a very big chance that your children will also be Neurotic. Depressed Stacy's exist, imagine everyone around you liking you, everyone helping you and being there for you. But your stupid brain perceives the world as a hostile environment where you automatically assume that people who like you secretly hate you and anything good that happens you must have a catch while you always expect bad things.

Everything in Neurotic Stacy's life is going for her, but her own brain sabotages her and she might commit suicide over it.

Now just imagine how much worse life is for an ugly Neurotic male such as myself.

FUCK LIFE.

Even this has a genetic basis I believe.

Higher cortisol.

Sums up my life so far :feelsbadman:

Tfw im in the 99th percentile in neuroticism :society:

Wanted to post this when it was published... But I have a life (almost entirely online and mostly just procrastinating).

People with social anxiety tend to engage in restrictive “safety behaviors” that make them less likable, study finds
by Laura Staloch February 14, 2023.

"New research finds that individuals diagnosed with social anxiety disorder (SAD) are more likely to use safety behaviors when engaging with others socially. As a result, they are not seen as likable or genuine by those they interact with. This research reveals that safety behaviors may be key to a cycle of awkward interactions that keep those with SAD avoiding others.

The new findings have been published in the journal Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy.

Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy.

Social anxiety disorder (SAD) is described as “an excessive fear of being evaluated negatively in social situations where an individual is exposed to possible scrutiny by others (American Psychiatric Association, 2013).” When those with SAD are required to interact with others they may engage in a variety of safety behaviors that they believe will protect them from negative feedback during social interactions.

These safety behaviors include things such as rehearsing what to say and inhibiting/restricting behaviors (including speaking very little or avoiding eye contact to escape notice). The final category of safety behaviors includes physical symptom management, like choosing specific clothing to hide physiological signs of anxiety."

Basically in short, people with anxiety self-sabotage and emotionally stable people actively dislike them. I have been thinking of a series I'd like to call "Neuroticismpills" where I explain that those who score high on Neuroticism in the Big 5 Personality scale are essentially "doomed to fail", even if we succeed. What do I mean with that?

Neuroticism is the best predictor of divorce AND Neuroticism is the best predictor of being unable to handle a divorce. So not only when you have High Neuroticism do experience more stress and stressful situations, you are uniquely hardwired to not be able to handle these situations.

Neurotic people come in 2 variants, anxious ones and angry ones (though often Neurotics are both). Apparently chronically angry people are also more likely to lose fights due to them not being able to fight rational, anxious people who fear rejection are more likely to get rejected too.

Self-sabotage isn't even just behavioural, imagine you actually fix your behaviour. Anxiety attacks for Neurotics also means that their bodies betray them.

IBS is a physical syndrome that has a strong relationship with anxiety, many people with IBS start to fart or need to poop. Likewise anxious people are more likely to sweat.

Now imagine you have a job interview and you're nervous, people subconsciously like people who smell better are liked more by others. Now imagine smelling like old socks and poop, whenever I get uncomfortable in social situations I start to get abdominal spasms making me feel discomforted, I start farting a lot, and sweating. When I pay prostitutes I don't just have premature ejaculation (a condition heavily correlated with high Neuroticism) but I actively fart during the act, several prostitutes just look disgusted while doing it. This is despite 95% of prostitutes rejecting me in red light districts off the bat, so the few not disgusted enough by my looks actively get disgusted by the way my body functions. Not just do I pay more, I actively get less.

Some people with anxiety develop a stutter or are so shy that they can't even speak.

Ironically, nothing will get you rejected faster than a fear of rejection.

People with High Neuroticism also urinate more due to their anxiety:

https://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/signs/urination-problems

Imagine trying to talk to the love of your life, stuttering, pissing yourself, farting, and sweating like a pig. And when you get rejected it actually hurts more than if a person without anxiety gets rejected.

I am convinced that Neurotic people are just some sort of Untermensch, especially in our modern society.

Your anxiety actually causes you to be more unlikeable and want people for you to go away. Nobody wants to be around stinky Joe.

Now imagine being married to a Neurotic person, you finally managed to ascend. Nothing predicts a break up of any sort of relationship (including friendships) more than Neuroticism. People with neurotic friends actively feel less good being near their friends.

The body language of a Neurotic person also signals disinterest to an emotionally stable person. Neurotics typically avoid eye contact and show interest by looking away, for emotionally stable people these are clear signs of disinterest. This also means that Neurotic people are more likely to end up together (though both males and females are disproportionately single). As I said before Neurotics in relationships are more likely to break up, during their relationship they are more likely to argue and to fight.

Here is another thing, an emotionally stable person has between 5 and 7 headaches a year. I know a Neurotic toilet that suffers from 1 or 2 headaches A DAY (she is divorced by the way), this means that an emotionally stable person would have to live 52 to 104 years to experience as many headaches as she does a year. But while headaches are more frequent, Neurotics actually have less sex and less orgasms. (And if your girlfriend doesn't orgasm she won't have much sex with you even after you ascend, I'm convinced that Reddit's dead bedroom sub is just people in relationships where one or both parties is highly Neurotic, it really doesn't matter if it's the man or the toilet, the presence of A Neurotic sabotages the relationship, both Neurotic men and toilets are typically bad at sex and suffer from sexual dysfunctions).

In toilets, Neuroticism heavily correlates with being ugly and fat. Fat ugly toilets are more likely to either be very angry all the time or have social anxiety. This means that Stacycels are onto something, but even a Neurotic Stacy is in the same boat as the above.

At least a Neurotic toilet isn't sabotaged as much by her shyness, but shyness as a male is a death sentence for your social life. I'm always so afraid of rejections that I have installed multiple dating apps where I never made an account because of my anxiety.

Don't get me wrong, there are SOME advantages to high Neuroticism, but literally every mental disorder (depression, Autism, ADHD, Bipolar Disorder, Narcissism, Social Anxiety Disorder, Etc.) correlate strongly with high Neuroticism, Neurotic people on average are fatter, have lower IQ's, and earn significantly less money.

Now combine high Neuroticism with being ugly, at least a Neurotic Chad will still be liked because of his looks. But a Neurotic Sub-5? People hate you before they saw you and now your body language and body odour screams to people "Get out!!!".

Neuroticism and Extroversion are also the most highly inheritable personality traits and are also the most scientifically proven Big 5 traits and neural scans can simply find Neuroticism Vs. Emotional Stability and Extroversion Vs. Introversion.

So if you're Neurotic there's a very big chance that your children will also be Neurotic. Depressed Stacy's exist, imagine everyone around you liking you, everyone helping you and being there for you. But your stupid brain perceives the world as a hostile environment where you automatically assume that people who like you secretly hate you and anything good that happens you must have a catch while you always expect bad things.

Everything in Neurotic Stacy's life is going for her, but her own brain sabotages her and she might commit suicide over it.

Now just imagine how much worse life is for an ugly Neurotic male such as myself.

FUCK LIFE.
what are you supposed to speak about
i never got this
idk what to say to people, like, i literally have nothing
people talk a lot of shit, niggas should learn to stfu honestly

what are you supposed to speak about
I'm not interested in small talk. However, even when there's something specific to talk about, I rehearse it, mostly because I tend to forget words while talking.

Yes neuroticism and autism are the worst personality traits/types when it comes to attracting pussy, it's like being a below 5'7 manlet psychologically, whereas neurotypical normalfag personality is average like 5'10, psychopathy/dark triad is 6'4.

I'm not interested in small talk. However, even when there's something specific to talk about, I rehearse it, mostly because I tend to forget words while talking.
bad working memory?

Very high neuroticismn :yes:
Introversion :yes:
Stuttering :yes:
Excessive sweating :yes:
Social anxiety :yes:
Social awkwardness :yes:

i also have an extremly bad short-term memory, that makes working any kind of job almost impossible..

Yes. My whole life feels hazy and on top of that, I hardly talk to others, so my word lookup skill is rusty.
ok ok i see, interesting interesting. Yes there can be many reason why memory retention is different in people
For example some people have aphantasia, they dont build visual memories.
idk if you have anything

personally i struggled with memory for long time because my past was so stressful and fucked up
but now that my life is more stable im getting it back bit by bit.

Also words yes. Maybe you just think visually so you struggle to put words to concepts you see in front of your minds eye as images
idk

ok ok i see, interesting interesting. Yes there can be many reason why memory retention is different in people
For example some people have aphantasia, they dont build visual memories.
idk if you have anything

personally i struggled with memory for long time because my past was so stressful and fucked up
but now that my life is more stable im getting it back bit by bit.
I've always been absent-minded - maybe a maladaptive daydreamer - so I think I haven't been engaged enough in reality to remember much.

I'm not so sure about aphantasia - I know it does hinder visual memories, but people with it can still use their imagination in other ways and they don't even realize they're missing something until someone points it out. Personally, my mind's eye is below average (colourless vague images) and it used to be much more vivid a decade ago.

I think stress, anhedonia and the resulting disengagement from reality does play a big role in memory loss for obvious reasons, so that could be it. My memory, like yours, has become a little better after I started confronting reality more.

Also words yes. Maybe you just think visually so you struggle to put words to concepts you see in front of your minds eye as images
I can picture the concepts themselves, just not the words. Usually, the word feels like it's at the tip of my tongue. It might be somewhat normal - https://tipofmytongue.io/ exists, after all.