Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR Post withdrawal seizure update

Pancakecel

Pancakecel

You get what you fucking deserve
★★★★★
It's been a couple of days since my alcoholism reached its max, and I got seizures after trying to stop cold turkey from booze.

My mind is very foggy, nothing feels familiar, literally every muscle in my body aches with slight movement, my vision is blurred, I am fatigued all the time even though I am able to sleep for hours per day, cannot concentrate on anything, during said seizure I but my tongue hard so now chewing any food hurts like hell.

Tried working today but my mind is so far off from reality that when I tried explaining my task to co workers via screen share they though I was slow in the head and got impatient/ angry.

I will be taking a couple of sick days, I hope this shit stops soon.

Take vitamin B12, tablets are ok. Load up on common vitamins, and rest. I was hospitalized 3 times for alcohol withdrawals, and they gave me a shit ton of vitamins, and Ativan. I remember the first time, I was so completely terrified that I thought I'd go crazy and simply die. I've never been that scared in my life. Sorry, man, that shit is brutal, good god

Last edited:
Take vitamin B12, tablets are ok. Load up on common vitamins, and rest. I was hospitalized 3 times for alcohol withdrawals, and they gave me a shit ton of vitamins, and Ativan. Sorry, man, that shit is brutal, good god
Thanks bro, nice to have someone to relate to. Yeah I have been taking vitamin tablets, not sure where to get Ativan from though?

I really want to find a way to not have to include alcohol in my life, because previously I always had an excuse to drink, whether it was good or bad, I could always find one in my head.

I think as addicts we will have to deal with this shit for the rest of our lives unfortunately. I have joined a few smart recovery online meetings which were OK.

Do you still regularly drink? How do you fight the urges?

Thanks bro, nice to have someone to relate to. Yeah I have been taking vitamin tablets, not sure where to get Ativan from though?

I really want to find a way to not have to include alcohol in my life, because previously I always had an excuse to drink, whether it was good or bad, I could always find one in my head.

I think as addicts we will have to deal with this shit for the rest of our lives unfortunately. I have joined a few smart recovery online meetings which were OK.

Do you still regularly drink? How do you fight the urges?
Np man, I wish you all the best.
Ativan is a benzodiazepine, and it helps with cravings. It was given to me by my doctor on 2 of my 3 visits; they gave me a small script, good for maybe a week or two.
I've basically drank every day for 8 years. I've got untreated, diagnosed depression, and have since I was about 14, and it has never gone away, never. I just quit drinking for 20 days, but I was even more miserable than I was drinking, minus hangovers, so I've begun again. I smoked a lot pot during that period, which helped cravings. I've started becoming very aggressive, and drinking dulls me out for a while. I never used to be aggressive, not even a little.
The feeling of not drinking eventually started feeling like a kind of hunger to me, beyond a simple desire, it is more than a compulsion.
So, I still drink. I can only try to moderate. I don't know if I can stop, really.
I don't have any friends, but isolation makes me drink. So, try to hang out with people, if you can.

Last edited:
Np man, I wish you all the best.
Ativan is a benzodiazepine, and it helps with cravings. It was given to me by my doctor on 2 of my 3 visits; they gave me a small script, good for maybe a week or two.
I've basically drank every day for 8 years. I've got untreated, diagnosed depression, and have since I was about 14, and it has never gone away, never. I just quit drinking for 20 days, but I was even more miserable than I was drinking, minus hangovers, so I've begun again. I smoked a lot pot during that period, which helped cravings. I've started becoming very aggressive, and drinking dulls me out for a while. I never used to be aggressive, not even a little.
The feeling of not drinking eventually started feeling like a kind of hunger to me, beyond a simple desire, it is more than a compulsion.
So, I still drink. I can only try to moderate. I don't know if I can stop, really.
I don't have any friends, but isolation makes me drink. So, try to hang out with people, if you can.
You just hit the nail on the head at the end there. Drink is what I have been using for several years to fill the void that little to zero human interaction/ relationships have done to me.