Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory The concept of sexual hegemony (taken from gramsci ideological hegemony) and its effect on disenfranchised men.

Lookslikeit

Lookslikeit

Officer
★★★★★
Ever thought why concepts like "just be xyz bro" will never die out or become obsolete? I have. And i came to the conclusion why.

Its because we live in a sexual hegemony. For those who arent familiar with gramsci, he spoused a theory that goes something like the bourgeioeisie of a country determines all facets of social culture in favour of itself.

Which means that every piece of media, entertainment, politics, journalism, etc. that you've ever watched in your entire life has passed (first and foremost) by their judgement and was ok'd by them OR you've never even heard about it.

Yep. Like it never even existed. But that's not what im here to say. What i wanna say is another form of hegemony.

The hegemony of the sexual market place. See who dictates it never even thought about you in the first place.

Thats why catch phrases like "just be confident" "take a shower" "the most you can hear is no" are so ingrained into culture. They, like many other things, were meant for chad, not you.

They dont even consider you human. Who's they? Woman and chads, in this particular case.

When you think about it, most institutions in society (and therefore its cultural manifestations) were put in place so that the winners would thrive and the losers would either adapt or perish once and for all.

We live in a winner takes all scenario.

I wish i could have done a more in depth analysis of the situation, but i have low iq, sorry.

ED74FC02 8B9A 4EC8 AB28 A41406B755B2

Bagguette, hoh hoh hoh!

I think these institutions more directly serve the desires of those who fund and run them. They just want pussy like everyone else and this is how it all pans out since chads are placed on a pedestal by the women that these men chase.

Thats why catch phrases like "just be confident" "take a shower" "the most you can hear is no" are so ingrained into culture. They, like many other things, were meant for chad, not you.
I was there when /r/seduction started to go mainstream. No more field reports, everything was inner game and natural game, and all these posts by people who did 1% of what I did and are now getting laid. PUA only ever converted mentalcel chads into chads. Nothing was ever enough for me, I'd make progress but never reach the goal. Like Mario, "the princess is in another castle," for 7 fucking worlds before the real castle. Meanwhile these people were starting the game on world 8-4 with a fireflower and star, they were just too chicken to hold right and jump.