Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Was the Emo era the golden age for incels to get laid?

A Good Friend said:
Yup. Hot Topic goths but not really goth. Big pants, wallet chains, a hint of the black clothes that came later. I used to sport quite a bit of jewelry and change my hair color every month. I basically just showed up to the mall to find who had the pot and to go smoke the pot, but it was the last time I was truly alive.

Sounds pretty much like the unspecific and hardly to define subculture thing going on today, where SJW haircuts, dyed hair, Xanax, a little bit of emo punk aesthetic and trap rap come together. But I'm way too old to understand this shit by now.

modus_coperandi said:
A Good Friend said:
Yup. Hot Topic goths but not really goth. Big pants, wallet chains, a hint of the black clothes that came later. I used to sport quite a bit of jewelry and change my hair color every month. I basically just showed up to the mall to find who had the pot and to go smoke the pot, but it was the last time I was truly alive.
Sounds pretty much like the unspecific and hardly to define subculture thing going on today, where SJW haircuts, dyed hair, Xanax, a little bit of emo punk aesthetic and trap rap come together. But I'm way too old to understand this shit by now.

Well, it predated both pill culture, and if I remember correctly, emo wasn't even a genre until after I had turned 18. There was just normal punk. My friends listened to mostly Marilyn Manson and NIN while I opted for more rock-oriented or skate punk. Once emo:the music came along we were already retired.

It absolutely only worked for pretty boys. Everyone else just looked retarded. Pretty boys rocked emo, Chad lite high t jocks rocked the rap aesthetic. There was some interplay between the two, but sub8 males latching onto these subcultures were COPING hardcore, myself included.

modus_coperandi said:
I agree, especially for pretty boys, they could easily get top stacies. But also for anyone else to get at least something out of it.

It actually opened doors for many otherwise incels. Still, it is something that would make things easier for those with not too serious facial flaws, heightcels and framecels. The Emo subculture could not accommodate well obese and non white guys, for example.

you're still fucked if you arent white. if you are mixed skin with a fat face like me then you cant go goth, only whites can go goth/emo.

Sparky said:
I play guitar but my style is more progressive rock, blues rock and jazz fusion so I wouldn’t have been able to fit in to the emo scene

This

Im not sure. The emo era was before social media really took off around 2001-2007 so the odds were better. I look a quite a bit like Gerard way right now tbh, same clothes and hair cut. I dont look "emo" though.

No. I lived during the emo era, was khv the whole time.

Doesn’t mater what the current fashion trend is, femoids will never fuck sub-8 men. Just forget it.

MayorOfKekville said:
No. I lived during the emo era, was khv the whole time.

Doesn’t mater what the current fashion trend is, femoids will never fuck sub-8 men. Just forget it.

Yeah, I lived in that era too. But did you really try to participate in the degeneracy of that time? It means completely losing all self-respect and dignity, to dress like a tranny and even act like one, but to have a resonable chance to get laid by a most likely fat and equally retarded whit girl who seriously thinks that "it's not just a phase".

Not the golden age; the style is good, the gothic aspect is good, "good" as a way of expressing aesthetic evaluation, the style is not overrated; but the worst, which are not "different girls" at all, are the "emo girls": They are worst of the worst, the personification of the pretension and seduction of incels deluded by the supposed "quality" that they "should have" to win their "heart", a "bluepill" that infests those who believe in the supposed fragility of the emo girl and arrogantly subtle in the way they look. who despise; the "emo boy" is just another superfluous and he has nothing to call attention to, he serves to sell records only in soundtracks that dissipated with the "rites of oath", in general the classic Emo music is not bad, but it is dated, as is the emo style as a whole; the gothic aspect is the best, the best aesthetic ever, and the Emo style is outdated and bad, very overrated midwest-nostalgic-memory (Gothic is good, Emo is very sexual, but not with my desire in love)

Last edited:
Damn this thread is depressing seeing most of the users either banned or stopped posting :feelscry:

I was emo and have always liked scene/emo/goths. Was a different way to exist and you didnt need to be chad to be accepted. Should get back into it. Foids react to my existence as if im a freak anyways.

Giganecroposts me. I wouldn't say best of eras but def one of the best ot get laid.

too high inhib to become an Emo

They're the pre modern soy boys, but yes. At least they occasionally listened to cool music

hmmm where are all these emo couples now? Nowhere, exactly.

The emo foids left them for a masculine Chad and their looksmatch roped.

I never was at that time

Naw, I'd say pre-2005 was the time to be.

I remember being in my late teenage years when everyone suddenly became part of the Emo subculture and I noticed a huge shift what was perceived as attractive. I couldn't help but wonder when I saw extremely skinny manlets everywhere whose faces where all covered up with dark greasy hair, so you couldn't really tell if someone was actually good-looking or plain ugly. Even make-up to cover up major facial flaws was allowed now so you literally had all the options and gimmicks females always had to distract from any personal imperfections. On top of that it was completely acceptable now to behave like a total sperg and not masculine at all. So the aesthetic of the weak and lonely outsider wasn't necessarily a bad thing anymore. And a lot of those guys had really cute girlfriends.

emo-boys-and-girls.jpg

I was quite surprised because I mostly listened to rap music back then and had a completely different image in my mind what was considered attractive or desirable for a young male. Mainstream culture has been perceived as not cool anymore (or more precisely alternative culture became the new mainstream back then) and everyone tried hard to be what I involuntarily had been my whole life: A shy introvert loser who failed to fit in. Of course I felt betrayed somehow because those behavioral traits never got me anywhere especially regarding female and interpersonal relationships. The promoted epitome of what was considered "hot" through the media was literally this guy back then who would be posting here by now if he had to live up to today's standards of beauty.

undefined.jpg

Did we miss out? Was the Emo era the golden age for Incels to have friends, to fit in and even get laid and to openly display our shortcomings (in looks AND behavior) without getting shamed. I should have swallowed the emopill (even if I hated the music with great passion) and join their ranks.
There was never an era for incels. If you're ugly in one time period you're ugly in the next and before.

The problem with our timeline is that even average looking normtards are getting shafted as well.

Weird cuz I have an emo music taste which most people find "cringe" but I literally wish I was not a kid during the emo phase back in late 2000s