Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment What Family Member Are You Closer to?

What family member are you closer to?

• Total voters
lonelysince2006

lonelysince2006

Spiritually 38
★★★★★
I love my father. He has never raised a finger on me and I would say I have a close relationship with him, even though he rarely speaks. My mother, on the other hand, is an abusive piece of shit. I wouldn't save her if she was hanging from a cliff. That psychopathic asshole has made my life a living hell and soon I'll leave her and this shitty world.

I Wish i had a good father

My parents used to be abusive and drive me crazy but I actually like them now.

Most of my relationship with my parents is a veneer or facade of small talk and politeness. But under the surface it is a boiling pot of tensions, like a volcano ready to erupt. They are the kind of people who blow up at the most inane shit ever because both of then are puritans who don't like stuff that to most people is arbitrary and harmless.
And when they do blow up they bring up every little thing under the sun to attack me with just because it is more ammunition for them to use, even if it has little or nothing to do with the matter at hand.

@FrothySolutions @HeOweGoreWrath @Efiliste @Epedaphic @NeverEvenBegan @suicidecase @ElTruecel @failednormie_ @Dusk @Awake @Serpents reign @RealSchizo @ElTruecel

I think this thread is bump-worthy and mass-tag-worthy as well.

Both were ok parents, but they were both selfish about having kids, seeing them as instruments to advance their own genes, no matter what the cost be for the offspring.

I am lucky to have good parents. They're not perfect, but I'm obviously not, either. They support me a lot. I don't want to seem like an edgy dramaticcel, but I might have killed myself if it weren't for them.

I genuinely don't know what I'll do when they pass away. I will be truly alone.

This isn't really a question you can compare our experiences with yours with. I like both my parents because they didn't abuse me. Unless the real question of this thread is "How many of you had an abusive relationship with one or more of your parents?"

I can't ever disrespect my mother. She is a rare good woman. Tradwife, obedient, takes care of everything. I wish she didn't settle for my manlet father but luck of the draw.

This isn't really a question you can compare our experiences with yours with. I like both my parents because they didn't abuse me. Unless the real question of this thread is "How many of you had an abusive relationship with one or more of your parents?"
Not necessarily, it's just who you're closer to, doesn't mean you hate the other, although I should've worked on the phrasing on the last option (neutral instead of "I dislike them both"). My experience was just me giving my reasoning for why I chose the option on the poll.

She's the opposite of my mother.
My father divorced my mother then remarried after a few yrs and she still took him back despite mogging him. Still hate him for leaving in the first place

I'm not close to any of my family members really.

Pretty much equal with them.

Though they get on my nerves when they get into altercations and constantly accuse me of siding with the other.

I live with my mother, my father left

1. sister

They're both absolutely terrible