Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting What have I accomplished?

2012 feels like yesterday
Every second in the present feels like an eternity, but the eternity before the present feels like a single blank second, at least when trying to think of any genuinely happy memories.

This is what I am listening to in loop for the nostalgic feels.
Oh, I've heard it many times before but never looked into which one it was. The doomer anthem itself.

Sadly, it also contains themes of being happy just to be in the presence of one's oneitis. Then again, all it takes is a brief bluepill relapse for this to happen.

Sadly, it also contains themes of being happy just to be in the presence of one's oneitis. Then again, all it takes is a brief bluepill relapse for this to happen.
Songs are about feelings, and the most relevant of feelings is love. So sadly, there is no escape from :bluepill: in any song with lyrics.
At one point I got tired of it and listened for years to non lyrical songs only like instrumental, flamenco, jazz, etc but it got boring after a while.

So now, I just listen to random things people here recomment.

Every second in the present feels like an eternity, but the eternity before the present feels like a single blank second, at least when trying to think of any genuinely happy memories.
Sometimes, i wish i could rewind time. Relive my childhood again, it's been a long time since I felt excitement and joy over meaningless things like a cartoon at 6pm.

It feels like as we age, our brains become less sensitive or produce less of dopamine and that's what is referred to as maturing. Otherwise why would a lion cub stop pouncing playfully on the other cubs and begin hunting as he aged, his brain dopaminergic system might have become less sensitive to a repeated playful act and this pushes it to explore new activities that might retrigger the pleasure circuit.

This is highly hypothetical of course, I'll try to get into a new activity if i can muster enough courage for it.

Songs are about feelings, and the most relevant of feelings is love. So sadly, there is no escape from :bluepill: in any song with lyrics.
There are, for example, Deathbox and Liquid by Mnemic, which have relatable lyrics. I still can't get it out of my head how so many musicians are Chads, but I try to live with it.

If a song is about love (the presence thereof), though, it's an instant turn-off from me. Maybe it's just unrelatable to me, or maybe I just seethe about it (as much as I may like to make fun of normies and cucks for seething).

It feels like as we age, our brains become less sensitive or produce less of dopamine and that's what is referred to as maturing. Otherwise why would a lion cub stop pouncing playfully on the other cubs and begin hunting as he aged, his brain dopaminergic system might have become less sensitive to a repeated playful act and this pushes it to explore new activities that might retrigger the pleasure circuit.
Maybe; I haven't thought about it this way.

Or maybe we aren't as happy because we're too busy constantly stressing about how we've been lied to all our lives and how many responsibilities we have to take care of or how many bad uncertainties await us. I imagine kids living through horror, like ones with abusive parents or ones in warzones, aren't so happy either. Some people do remain happy in adulthood but personally, the act of laughing seems completely alien to me.

You're right - dopamine does, apparently, decline with age. It's not so much a happiness hormone as much as it is a motivation one, and this is why older people don't take many risks and aren't as driven. That sounds a lot like testosterone, though, so there must be some overlap between the two. I've been risk-averse and "lazy" all my life and I don't know if that was low on dopamine or on testosterone because, of course, my parents never got me tested for any of that shit when it still mattered.