Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What is your favorite historical period?

jetfuelcel

jetfuelcel

Recruit
★★
For those who read of history: Is there any time that you find invigorating to research? It can be any period, whether it is the Great Depression, World War 2, or the Cultural Revolution. Tell us about it. Thoughts on it, the best books, and if you have them, any personal connections.

For those who read of history: Is there any time that you find invigorating to research? It can be any period, whether it is the Great Depression, World War 2, or the Cultural Revolution. Tell us about it. Thoughts on it, the best books, and if you have them, any personal connections.
English civil war period, 1625-1649. I think that king charles 1 was not a very good king, but shouldn't have been executed. i find the 1600's in general to be the start of a recognisable modern society, with banking and loans, empire and trade, the foundations for the industrial revolution, the scientific revolution with Newtons principia. very interesting period of history

Brazil Empire Era

anything before industrial revolution and women rights

English civil war period, 1625-1649. I think that king charles 1 was not a very good king, but shouldn't have been executed. i find the 1600's in general to be the start of a recognisable modern society, with banking and loans, empire and trade, the foundations for the industrial revolution, the scientific revolution with Newtons principia. very interesting period of history
I like how you mentioned the scientific revolution. The mechanistic beliefs of Hobbes and Descartes and the discoveries of people like Galileo and Bacon preceded many views that people hold today.

I like how you mentioned the scientific revolution. The mechanistic beliefs of Hobbes and Descartes and the discoveries of people like Galileo and Bacon preceded many views that people hold today.
absolutely

When Franklin went to philadelphia

Medieval western europe. In those days, everyone, especially foids, knew their place and purpose in society