Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Which theme consumes the least resources?

BlackCel_from_ZA

BlackCel_from_ZA

Why rope? You never had a life JFL :)
★★★★★
Every since I came on .is, I thought the forum was poorly designed. When I visit .is, it literately start eating away at my laptop's resources, specifically CPU. I have a dual core cpu so, as soon as I visit .is my cpu spikes to 90% utilization. It also happens with my RAM but I have 24 gb so it doesn't really affect me. When I open .is my battery drains really fast(because of the high cpu utilization).

Long story short I changed themes for the first time and it seems like my cpu spikes to 80ish% utilization, which is absolute lifefuel. I need recommendations, which is the least resource intensive theme?

Do we have themes

48602.jpg

Answer my question nigger

tbh .is is terribly programmed.

.net e.g. loads a lot faster

it's the paragon rainbow effect raising the cpu usage, use classic dark 2021 instead of the default to reduce resource usage a bit but it won't get rid of the paragon rainbow effect

Answer my question nigger
Mine has it like that and the PC is a cheap several years used one. It has quad core but no external gpu. Maybe you should try to disable all other unnecessary processes from the background and research that there's no filthy butt coin mining software that turns itself on when cpu/gpu usage increases.

Attachments

• task manager.png
    task manager.png
    342.1 KB · Views: 21
tbh .is is terribly programmed.

.net e.g. loads a lot faster
Nah man, they are using some kind of CMS, Xenforo if I'm not mistaken. It's just super resource intensive. I doubt the mods will be able to build a whole forum using by themselves that purely runs on .NET. It would be a huge waste of time especially since grAYfags would end up infesting the place. But it is doable but not practical

it's the paragon rainbow effect raising the cpu usage, use classic dark 2021 instead of the default to reduce resource usage a bit but it won't get rid of the paragon rainbow effect
Yeah that's the theme I've been using for the past two days and that decreased how much cpu usage .is uses. Any other recommendations brocel or does classic dark 2021 use the least resources?

Mine has it like that and the PC is a cheap several years used one. It has quad core but no external gpu. Maybe you should try to disable all other unnecessary processes from the background and research that there's no filthy butt coin mining software that turns itself on when cpu/gpu usage increases.
I use linux my nigga and one tab should use 27% of your cpu mang, that is not normal. Mind you I have a VM running and have multiple tabs open on both my VM browser and host browser but .is is taking a large portion of the cpu

Wrong subforum @Fat Link

I'm using Classic Light (2019) and with it applied there are no animations and it looks like it is the most performant.

Your computer must be incel if it can't run this site.

I use linux my nigga and one tab should use 27% of your cpu mang, that is not normal. Mind you I have a VM running and have multiple tabs open on both my VM browser and host browser but .is is taking a large portion of the cpu
View attachment 1065342
I use a two core cpu and I still use less cpu resources than you

Wrong subforum @Fat Link

I'm using Classic Light (2019) and with it applied there are no animations and it looks like it is the most performant.

Your computer must be incel if it can't run this site.
My specs are
i5-7500u
20gb ram
250 ssd

.is runs fine mang, it's really quick, it's just that high cpu utilization is fucking killing me mang. It's irritating ya know, my nigga

Yeah that's the theme I've been using for the past two days and that decreased how much cpu usage .is uses. Any other recommendations brocel or does classic dark 2021 use the least resources?
that's all i got
View attachment 1065342
50% util on 4 threads? it shouldn't eat the CPU like that, could be a power plan issue, try installing cpupower and setting it to performance and maxing out the frequency and see if it still eats your CPU
i think it's called cpupower-gui or something like that
could also be that you have hardware acceleration turned off in the browser and it's using the CPU to render everything

Nah man, they are using some kind of CMS, Xenforo if I'm not mistaken. It's just super resource intensive. I doubt the mods will be able to build a whole forum using by themselves that purely runs on .NET. It would be a huge waste of time especially since grAYfags would end up infesting the place. But it is doable but not practical
No i mean neets.net (another forum ran by Master) has much faster loading times than .is does

No i mean neets.net (another forum ran by Master) has much faster loading times than .is does
Neets.net uses the exact same CMS but I do agree it is less resource intensive

that's all i got

50% util on 4 threads? it shouldn't eat the CPU like that, could be a power plan issue, try installing cpupower and setting it to performance and maxing out the frequency and see if it still eats your CPU
could also be that you have hardware acceleration turned off in the browser and it's using the CPU to render everything
Nah man I have a VM running in the background that's my bad. I should screenshot one without anything running in the background

that's all i got

Thanks for the help brocel. Will definitely check cpupower-gui

I mainly use ubuntu because of school(My uni uses the most obscure software applications). I daily drive arch when I'm not at school though. What distro do you use brocel?
nice
i use mint with i3 :dafuckfeels: :feelshaha:

nice
i use mint with i3 :dafuckfeels: :feelshaha:
mint was my first distro, I loved the shit out of that distro, but I was a edgy teenager and decided to install kali linux to become a l33th4x0r. But I'll never forget mint mang, I loved it. You planning to distro hop any time soon? Or are you satisfied with mint?

mint was my first distro, I loved the shit out of that distro, but I was a edgy teenager and decided to install kali linux to become a l33th4x0r. But I'll never forget mint mang, I loved it. You planning to distro hop any time soon? Or are you satisfied with mint?
yeah i plan to hop to debian once i get a new SSD. mint was good for an entry level OS but now i want more out of it like running a QEMU KVM with a GPU passthrough to a windows VM running off a physical drive but the tutorial used arch

try classic dark 2019

View attachment 1065342
im on ubuntu
so this is the shit that keeps tanking my laptop
i only have 8gb ram and intel i3 from 10 years ago (thinkpad x220i)

i switched to classic dark rn so the rainbow is gone, i will see if this helps

im on ubuntu
so this is the shit that keeps tanking my laptop
i only have 8gb ram and intel i3 from 10 years ago (thinkpad x220i)

i switched to classic dark rn so the rainbow is gone, i will see if this helps
Thanks mang, I also use ubuntu(20 gb ram with i5 7500u). I also use a thinkpad t470s. Incel trait: uses old thinkpads

Thanks mang, I also use ubuntu(20 gb ram with i5 7500u). I also use a thinkpad t470s. Incel trait: uses old thinkpads
my first laptop was ibm thinkpad r40, then upgraded to w500. Then i was homeless and once i had this room i bought x220i.
it works i guess, depends on what you do with it. I dont play games or do anything intensive, just browsing, writing.
this one still has the fire keyboard that they dropped after the x230

ngl if you run a thinkpad u incel af 100%

my first laptop was ibm thinkpad r40, then upgraded to w500. Then i was homeless and once i had this room i bought x220i.
it works i guess, depends on what you do with it. I dont play games or do anything intensive, just browsing, writing.
this one still has the fire keyboard that they dropped after the x230

ngl if you run a thinkpad u incel af 100%
Fuck mang, I haven't had a chance to run the older models kek. The oldest thinkpad I've ever had was a t440p. Yeah, I've heard the old thinkpad keyboards where the best. I prefer my t440p but I can't do any more work with it. Fuck uni and their resource intensive custom applications

Fuck mang, I haven't had a chance to run the older models kek. The oldest thinkpad I've ever had was a t440p. Yeah, I've heard the old thinkpad keyboards where the best. I prefer my t440p but I can't do any more work with it. Fuck uni and their resource intensive custom applications
more computing power has just made ppl lazy and caused more bloatware honestly

Use one of the 2019 themes they are far less laggy.

Fast Banana is quite lightweight, at least compared to the default theme. The CPU getting fried is probably because of the animated pills on top of the page. Just look for themes without them