Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why gymcels need to work on more than the "show" muscles

KingOfRome

KingOfRome

Buff Auschwitz Escapee
-
This is aimed mostly at those of you who lift for girls (lol @ u).

First of all, let me remind you that if you care mostly about aesthetics, 70-80% of your results will come from being lean. There's just no way you can waddle around at 20% body fat and not look like the Pillsbury dough boy. That's the brutal honest truth. If you could, you wouldn't be on this forum. If you're above 15% body fat, put an end to that now. Leanness should be your #1 priority.

But let's assume you have that taken care of already.

If you're like most gymcels, you probably care most about your biceps, trapezius, pectorals, and abdominals. The first three are most readily apparent in a shirt while the latter is most impressive in a beach or pool scene. You probably don't care much if at all about your legs or most of your back, but here's a list of these muscle groups and explanations for why they're important.

Triceps

You may or may not consider these "show" muscles, but chances are you neglect them in favor of biceps. However, they're actually a larger muscle group, and will fill out your shirt sleeves much more effectively than biceps. They, especially the lateral head, make your arms more visually impressive from the side. Functionally, they are an antagonist for the biceps, and neglecting them too much can cause a strength imbalance, which can cause injury and posture issues. If your arms have a tendency to stay bent with your hands hanging out in front like some giant extinct lizard, chances are you have such an imbalance.

Rhomboids

These are your middle back muscles and get the most activation with any horizontal pulling motion. They work with the latissimus dorsi as antagonists to the pectorals; they help keep you stable during those pushing exercises you do for your show muscles. Visually, once they are properly developed, they help give a rippling effect to the back when it's lean. Underdevelopment of the back muscles will cause your shoulders to roll forward, giving you a hunchback appearance and contributing to nerd neck. Along with taking an inch or two off your height and lowering your overall aesthetic appeal, this can cause middle and upper back pain, and injury during your pressing movements.

Spinal erectors

This is your lower back and an antagonist to your abdominus recti, i.e. your six pack, i.e. your abs. This muscle group is responsible for protecting and stabilizing your spine; keeping your posture erect. They don't contribute much visually, at least not on the surface, so if you're purely chasing aesthetics, this is probably high on your list of muscle groups to neglect. However, especially if you train your abs directly, neglecting your spinal erectors can cause anterior pelvic tilt, which will give you a pot-bellied look even at a low body fat percentage, and cause lower back pain and injury, especially during exercises that put any sort of load on the spine, like the squat or the deadlift.

Hamstrings

There's a good chance you neglect legs in general, but if you don't, your routine is most likely quadricep-heavy. However, your hamstrings work as antagonists to your quadriceps, and neglecting them will limit your range of motion during compound leg exercises like the squat, increasing your risk for injury and limiting your ability to grow your glutes and quads. Neglecting your legs in general will make you very top-heavy, making it easy for you to get knocked down to the ground, and harder for you to carry yourself and external objects up any sort of incline. It also makes doing simple tasks like moving furniture more difficult; females will choose the man who can move furniture over the one who can't. Underdeveloped legs also ruins your physique's overall harmony, giving you an uncanny valley look and distracting from your developed upper body. There is absolutely no good reason not to train your legs.

Dont lift for foids lift to intimidate normies.U will surely have better results.

Here's why I need the "go" muscles: Go muscles = being good at sports. Being good at sports = attracting the women I wanna attract.

Problem is this might've worked when I was in college. And if my college had sports. Being 46 and good at sports, what is that gonna get me? There are no cheerleaders to fuck. No social status to parlay into getting my dick sucked.

not reading this because it doesn't matter if you have the body of Arnold or that of a 600 pound fat fuck. if you have an ugly face and a 10/10 body chicks think you are a compensating freak shrek and think youre a 1/10. if youre ugly face and fat body chicks think your nasty fat fuck and youre 1/10. either way youre 1/10 fuck it

All antagonist groups should be strong enough, but no way in hell your harmstring should be as strong as your quads. Squats will be enough for legs, as hamstrings receive enough stimulation to stay strong, while your quads and glutes grow.

The best way to increase testosteron is leg extension due to using the strongest and biggest muscle in the body, just saying. Voclel if you wouldnt. Tell me, if I am wrong.

All antagonist groups should be strong enough, but no way in hell your harmstring should be as strong as your quads. Squats will be enough for legs, as hamstrings receive enough stimulation to stay strong, while your quads and glutes grow.
I'm not saying hamstrings and quads should be equal. Obviously quads will be stronger since they're bigger. But squats will only stimulate hamstrings enough when they're done through the full range of motion with good form, which a lot of people don't do because they're ego-lifting or they don't take legs seriously.
The best way to increase testosteron is leg extension due to using the strongest and biggest muscle in the body, just saying. Voclel if you wouldnt. Tell me, if I am wrong.
Squat T mogs leg extension to oblivion

But squats will only stimulate hamstrings enough when they're done through the full range of motion with good form, which a lot of people don't do because they're ego-lifting or they don't take legs seriously.
These idiots deserve all traumas they get. Exercise should be performed properly with good form, and your legs will be happy. Throw some lunges as well if you really like leg day.

Congrats on making it that far, are you true KHHV?

I am kissless, I have never had sex, or been physically intimate with anyone. But someone did hold my hand. I'm reluctant to mention it here on Incels.co though, in case it's brag.

don't forget neck

I am kissless, I have never had sex, or been physically intimate with anyone. But someone did hold my hand. I'm reluctant to mention it here on Incels.co though, in case it's brag.
Well you have achieved more than most on here brother! Are you still trying, or have you given up and just focusing on copes now?

Glutes are most important.

Lmao, they try to show off their small and non-existent asses. It's only looks decent for some because most women are short and proportions make illusionially have "decent sized" asses but I can see through that and realize most of these girls asses are trash and unimpressive. A real great ass is my ass. I worked my ass off building monstrous booty that makes the gay dudes go fruity. My ass is rock solid thicc and muscle and very impressive. It pops out regardless if I wear sweatpants or not. In fact females don't even come close to males in terms of body anatomy and muscle proportions. Look how trash female bodybuilding is compared to male bodybuilding. The male body is the most superior. The only thing Femoids have is that disgusting roast beef curtains. Females asses are disgusting and flabby and unimpressive. And they like to get butt implants and photoshop and have anterior pelvic tilt in their photos to make it look "big" fuckin instagram whores.

Well you have achieved more than most on here brother! Are you still trying, or have you given up and just focusing on copes now?

I'll fight 'til I'm dead. Or I'll find someone to listen to me whine.

I think you maybe misunderstand how I got my hand held. It wasn't very romantic. But I'm not sure I should talk about it because it might be brag.

Glutes are most important.

Lmao, they try to show off their small and non-existent asses. It's only looks decent for some because most women are short and proportions make illusionially have "decent sized" asses but I can see through that and realize most of these girls asses are trash and unimpressive. A real great ass is my ass. I worked my ass off building monstrous booty that makes the gay dudes go fruity. My ass is rock solid thicc and muscle and very impressive. It pops out regardless if I wear sweatpants or not. In fact females don't even come close to males in terms of body anatomy and muscle proportions. Look how trash female bodybuilding is compared to male bodybuilding. The male body is the most superior. The only thing Femoids have is that disgusting roast beef curtains. Females asses are disgusting and flabby and unimpressive. And they like to get butt implants and photoshop and have anterior pelvic tilt in their photos to make it look "big" fuckin instagram whores.
Dude having a great ass is a real indicator of health and is attractive to foids, why the hell are you here???

Dude having a great ass is a real indicator of health and is attractive to foids, why the hell are you here???

It's a Silly Spaghetti.

? Don't follow?

A copypasta is a large body of text that is funny, usually because of how weird it sounds. So people copy it and paste it in other places without proper context to see how people react.

Like suppose some anon on 4chan told a story about how he embarrassed himself by shitting on his cousin's lap. People would copy that and paste it all over the Internet because it's a funny story to read, and especially funny to post if the people reading it don't know it's a copypasta.

A copypasta is a large body of text that is funny, usually because of how weird it sounds. So people copy it and paste it in other places without proper context to see how people react.

Like suppose some anon on 4chan told a story about how he embarrassed himself by shitting on his cousin's lap. People would copy that and paste it all over the Internet because it's a funny story to read, and especially funny to post if the people reading it don't know it's a copypasta.

All cope. Arms, back, and biceps are all you need (and all chad works). If you need to work anything else its because you have an abyssmal frame and no amount of lifting will save you