Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Close friend is trying to set me up with his female friend.

B33troot

B33troot

Officer
★★★
I'll be frank. I'm looking to ascend. I can't take this damn loneliness anymore. :feels:

A few weeks ago, I opened up to my friend about the loneliness that's been plaguing me all my life. He recently called me to tell me about his female friend/ex-colleague that he thinks would be a good match for me. He's arranging a lunch meeting with her this Sunday and wants me to join them and just talk to her and see if anything clicks. I told him that I have zero experience with women and that it'll never work out. But he just nonchalantly said "there's no harm in trying".

As for the woman in question, he showed me her pics and all I can say is that she's very pretty and in shape for her age (early 30s, never married). But needless to say, she's wayyy above my league.

My gut is telling me to not go because I'll burn myself and end up losing even more of whatever little self esteem I have. But my brain is telling me to just meet her without any expectations and experience whatever happens, good or bad.

Last edited:
You're supposed to try and ascend, you should pursue this.

I'll be frank. I'm looking to ascend. I can't take this damn loneliness anymore.

A few weeks ago, I opened up to my friend about the loneliness that's been plaguing me all my life. He recently called me to tell me about his female friend/ex-colleague that he thinks would be a good match for me. He's arranging a lunch meeting with her this Sunday and wants me to come and just talk to her and see if anything clicks. I told him that I have zero experience with women and that it'll never work out. But he just nonchalantly said "there's no harm in trying".

As for the woman in question, he showed me her pics and all I can say is that she's very pretty and in shape for her age (early 30s, never married). But needless to say, she's wayyy above my league.

My gut is telling me to not go because I'll burn myself and end up losing even more of whatever little self esteem I have. But my brain is telling me to just meet her without any expectations and experience whatever happens, good or bad.
Just fucking trying at this point you have nothing to lose, you will probably get fucking embarrassed however warning

Nice to know some faggots have a chance while I am doomed to be hikikomori for life

another day, another mog

The way I see it, you have two options:

1. Meet her;

2. Look back in regret years later pondering what could have been if you were not such a pussy.

The way I see it, you have two options:

1. Meet her;

2. Look back in regret years later pondering what could have been if you were not such a pussy.

With regard to point 2, I'm 99.9% certain it would end in rejection. But at least I can look back knowing I tried.

just go you faggot

I think I'll go just to experience an interaction with a woman and see if I can gather any experience or insights. Even though I know how it's going to end, I just want see what happens.

Good luck and see you tomorrow.

With regard to point 2, I'm 99.9% certain it would end in rejection. But at least I can look back knowing I tried.
My bet is that she will flake on you and ghost you but who knows

I really want to meet her. But the fear of being rejected is eating me alive.

:cryfeels:

I'd rather have something to shoot my shot at than have nothing.

I've had people try to "set me up" it's one of those dumb things delusional normies do. Literally the moment that person sees a picture of you you is the moment you suddenly stop hearing about being "set up"

"Duuuurrr I know a female who's single!! And you're single duuuurrr I'll make an introduction so you guys can date!! :feelstastyman: :foidSoy::soy:"

Even my psychiatrist tried to set me up with another one of her patients you can imagine how that went...like this bitch is literally chads side chick (bad shrink disclosing other patients info) and you think she's leaving that situation to date me lmfao

This is the same shrink that told me to sit in the jbw park (Fort Greene) with a book or magazine and someone will try to eventually strike up conversation with me wtf is this 1940?

I FUCKING HATE NORMIES

I think I'll go just to experience an interaction with a woman and see if I can gather any experience or insights. Even though I know how it's going to end, I just want see what happens.
It's a learning experience any way you look at it. It's smart to go without any expectations, and that way you never know what can happen.

Don't bother bro, save yourself the pain and heartache. Don't say I didn't warn you

Don't bother bro, save yourself the pain and heartache. Don't say I didn't warn you

I know it'll end in pain and heartache. But I'm currently feeling like a moth being drawn to a flame.

I'll be frank. I'm looking to ascend. I can't take this damn loneliness anymore. :feels:

A few weeks ago, I opened up to my friend about the loneliness that's been plaguing me all my life. He recently called me to tell me about his female friend/ex-colleague that he thinks would be a good match for me. He's arranging a lunch meeting with her this Sunday and wants me to join them and just talk to her and see if anything clicks. I told him that I have zero experience with women and that it'll never work out. But he just nonchalantly said "there's no harm in trying".

It probably won’t work out.
If it does, don’t cuck out. Just play it cool like it’s just a good new part of your life now. Remember, no one’s dad was ever worshipping their mother.

Make sure they aren't trying to get a free meal out of u and u all pay equal share

Definitely go for it. Self esteem is overrated for us as we already hate ourselves.

And the "what if?" sensation if you don't at least try this will eat you. Incels should try to ascend.

you should go but make sure to bring zero dollars

Definitely go for it. Self esteem is overrated for us as we already hate ourselves.

And the "what if?" sensation if you don't at least try this will eat you. Incels should try to ascend.

I agree. I'll go just to see what happens.

Go for it. Better than do nothing

Yeah go for it you never know.

Have him do the same for her and record her reaction secretly
As for the woman in question, he showed me her pics and all I can say is that she's very pretty and in shape for her age (early 30s, never married). But needless to say, she's wayyy above my league

go for it, worst thing that can happen is embarassing yourself...
if that happens just come back here

I agree. I'll go just to see what happens.
Also whatever bad thing happen will pass. I assume that since she knows your friend she won't treat you awfully if she's not interested.

The whole "you have nothing to lose by being rejected over and over"-people sound like bluepilled redditors.

But yeah just do whatever you wanna do man, either way I wish you the best of luck.

Either your friend is an awful matchmaker or you're an ok-looking mentalcel. Just go.

1. Your "friend" has fucked her before you.
2. She's post-wall.
3. She is going to betabux you so hard. This is, in practice, just a scam by the two of them to steal money from you.

Either your friend is an awful matchmaker or you're an ok-looking mentalcel. Just go.

I'm definitely not ok-looking.

My friend wants to help me but he is super blue pilled. He doesn't understand lookism and is assuming she's a good match for me simply because she's single. But I'll still go just to see what happens. :lul:

Seems autistic to shove two people together in a "oh you are both single" that probably works best for good looking people, maybe a more organic way to meet her?

2. She's post-wall.
3. She is going to betabux you so hard. This is, in practice, just a scam by the two of them to steal money from you.

I don't think #1 is true. But if it is, then I can't change the past. I'll just have to try and not think about it. :feelstastyman:

With regard to #2, She is post wall but it doesn't really bother me because I'm in my 40s and look like guy in my avatar but worse. I'm not exactly in a position to pick and choose who I get.

As for #3, it's possible that I might be walking into a betabux trap but it's too early to tell. Or that's what I think.

Last edited:
Seems autistic to shove two people together in a "oh you are both single" that probably works best for good looking people, maybe a more organic way to meet her?

I agree. But he's just trying to introduce me to her. The idea is that IF we click, then I'll need to ask her out officially and see what happens.

For the record, I know I'll she's say "no", so it looks like I'll stay on this forum. :feelscomfy:

Go for it, m8... Be pessimistic about it. Always keep the possibility that it won't work out, but don't let it ruin your experience. Just keep it at the very back of your mind.

I hope it works out.

(I'm telling you to be pessimistic, so the hypothetical fall won't be as painful)

The idea is that IF we click, then I'll need to ask her out officially and see what happens.
I don't think you are meant to make it a big deal and officially ask out a chick but ask her out to something 1 on 1, people don't do shit 1 on 1 with people they don't like so its like asking them out less pressure, then again advice from an incel here.

Go for it, m8... Be pessimistic about it. Always keep the possibility that it won't work out, but don't let it ruin your experience. Just keep it at the very back of your mind.

I hope it works out.

(I'm telling you to be pessimistic, so the hypothetical fall won't be as painful)

Good post. I agree. I don't have my hopes up or anything. I'll go just to experience something new.

2. She's post-wall.

I don't think #1 is true. But if it is, then I can't change the past. I'll just have to try and not think about it. :feelstastyman:
Women with male friends, guy.
With regard to #2, She is post wall but it doesn't really bother me because I'm in my 40s and look like guy in my avatar but worse. I'm not exactly in a position to pick and choose who I get.
Agecuck.
As for #3, it's possible that I might be walking into a betabux trap but it's too early to tell. Or that's what I think.
It's possible? What else could you be walking into, an alpha fucks trap?

Has she not seen a picture of you?

Has she not seen a picture of you?

I don't know. She thinks it's just a casual Sunday lunch meet. She has no idea that it's all for the purpose of introducing her to me.

I'm really anxious about everything.