Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do you have correct swallowing form?

BlackPill Scholar

BlackPill Scholar

Sagittalcel
★★★★★
So I was watching some Mike Mew videos a few weeks back and today I noticed something. When I swallow with correct form, that is bringing the hyoid bone upwards and pressing the back part of my tongue on the back part of my palate (essentially 'push' swallowing) I don't hear the normal 'gulp sound'. You know the swallow sound someone makes when they gulp down a drink. So if you want to know whether you are swallowing correctly, if you don't hear anything I suppose you are doing it right.

Not like this isn't important either, apart from all the "mewing is cope bro" stuff, it affects soft tissue. Correct me if I'm wrong but the hyoid bone is supported by muscles that if not correctly used will sag the hyoid bone, which makes your jawline less visible and is an unattractive trait in both men and women.

No, I used to deepthroat my food as fast as possible to avoid spending too much time with my family at the lunch table.
guess how my face looks like today...

I thought this was going to be some gay shit when I read the title

Massive, massive cope.

Cope a bit more, bluepiller.

"your bone structure is your fault" :feelskek: just go to lookism or looksmax.
Literally the opposite of being bluepilled.

Also I never suggested that your bone structure is your own fault, I'm saying that it can be manipulated, even if slightly. Nothing without evidence of course but I was talking about muscular atrophy causing the hyoid bone to not be supported aswell, which makes sense because it's one of the only bones in the body that is only supported by muscle.

Literally the opposite of being bluepilled.

Also I never suggested that your bone structure is your own fault, I'm saying that it can be manipulated, even if slightly. Nothing without evidence of course but I was talking about muscular atrophy causing the hyoid bone to not be supported aswell, which makes sense because it's one of the only bones in the body that is only supported by muscle.
You're not wrong but the thing is, if you're already ugly (say a 3.1/10), its only going to bring you up to like a 3.3/10 which isn't a remarkable difference or something that will drastically improve your life. The time and energy you spend on developing the habit can be better spent on looking for a good plastic surgeon.
Well, even then, plastic surgery is in many ways a cope.

Incredible autism level coping. Learn how to blink and breathe to attract women while youre at it- good luck.

You're not wrong but the thing is, if you're already ugly (say a 3.1/10), its only going to bring you up to like a 3.3/10 which isn't a remarkable difference or something that will drastically improve your life. The time and energy you spend on developing the habit can be better spent on looking for a good plastic surgeon.
Well, even then, plastic surgery is in many ways a cope.
I agree, but if that's the case why do anything? Yeah I may be ugly and have a garbage life, but I want to improve it as much as possible. Most people waste like 30% of their time even if they have a full time job, in my mind I might as well do something even if it's small. I mean the only other options are rope and LDAR so I haven't exactly got much to lose.

yes,ive been mewing for a while

Who fucking cares. It's all about whether or not you can breathe through your nose during your developmental period. I believe all of this correct swallowing, breathing etc. is due to good genetics.

Who fucking cares. It's all about whether or not you can breathe through your nose during your developmental period. I believe all of this correct swallowing, breathing etc. is due to good genetics.
Where your tongue sits in your mouth is not due to genetics. All this 'mewing is cope' stuff perhaps may hold some truth. Largely because correct tongue posture and swallowing allows for proper development as a child, it has not be proven to have large effects on adults. However knowing what went wrong and how to perhaps reverse it is better than doing nothing. I'm getting a palate expander fitted soon to reverse some of the effects of environment I had when I was young.