Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion has physical music become obsolete?

melloncollie

melloncollie

Greycel
does anyone here still collect physical music (e.g. vinyl, cassettes, CDs)? if so, what albums? why?

if not, why not? what is your perception of physical music?

Only audiophiles with too much cash to burn and OCD care about physical music

I'll only buy a physical album if its really significant and/or exceptionally rare
And I would never be interested in tossing any piece of my CD collection
Too much sentimental value

Yes, because streaming sucks ass for quality. I only buy copies if I really like it though. Also nothing beats the feeling of a CD, the shiny data side loading into a slot player spinning at thousands of revolutions. Digital data streaming with accuracy high fidelity audio. It’s what the future dreamed of.

Last edited:
I am a former musician, so I can appreciate physical formats. Cassette and vinyl sound different digital music. Cassettes have a really old school vibe that I like.
0024574969 71

I'll only buy a physical album if its really significant and/or exceptionally rare
And I would never be interested in tossing any piece of my CD collection
Too much sentimental value
my methodology exactly. kinda fun keeping an eye out for the significant & rare stuff.

does anyone here still collect physical music (e.g. vinyl, cassettes, CDs)? if so, what albums? why?

if not, why not? what is your perception of physical music?
I only collect digital music just like I only collect digital books and digital movies and tv shows and documentaries. You have to get with the times grandpa, everything is on computers and your phone. The days of collecting physical media is only reserved for hipsters and collectors that place it with sentimental value but most of them only collect Vinyl.

I only collect digital music just like I only collect digital books and digital movies and tv shows and documentaries. You have to get with the times grandpa, everything is on computers and your phone. The days of collecting physical media is only reserved for hipsters and collectors that place it with sentimental value but most of them only collect Vinyl.
i might need to get with the times! unfortunately a little too hipster for that

i might need to get with the times! unfortunately a little too hipster for that
I'm a guy who likes to save money. And if I find out it's free online. I have twenty five terabytes of backup storage and i'm adding to it annually.

I like owning cds, I only have a couple but I want more. I think the internet is probably relatively fragile, and it would be pretty easy for a large amount of data to just dissappear and become unrecoverable, whether intentionally or due to incompetence or something.

I play the spoons
I like owning cds, I only have a couple but I want more. I think the internet is probably relatively fragile, and it would be pretty easy for a large amount of data to just dissappear and become unrecoverable, whether intentionally or due to incompetence or something.

Physical music

Not at all. If I want to support a favorite musician, who's selling vinyl that is pressed well, I'll cop. It's more expensive than buying off of itunes, but that is the only other option for me. The hell with streaming, even though most of the music uploaded on there usually sounds fine.